Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Does Anyone Volunteer for their Local CAB?

Options

Comments

• anamenottaken
    anamenottaken Posts: 4,198 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tiff wrote: »
    How long can it take to hear back from CAB if you applied to volunteer online? I'm just impatient but would be interested to know. :)

I applied a couple of times about three years ago - when I already had Advice & Guidance NVQ at L3. Never heard back either time. Perhaps they wanted L4!
  • char_student
    Options
    I volunteer and work there (paid) - both
    :beer: If I say something you like....Please hit the thanks button :beer:
  • char_student
    Options
    I have volunteered for the CAB for the past three years and love it. My CAB does not stipulate any set amount of hours per week and are really flexible. We run a gateway sytem where all our clients have to ring us and we book appointments or signpost them to other agencies depending on their gateway interview. Although the gateway is good, we still find we are booked up for a coupkle of weeks ahead.

Hello alwaysonthe go....my CAB do ask for 8 hours volunteering a week. However, I only do one session as I work there in a paid positon as well. Hoping to become an !!! in the not so distant future. We do a gateway in person, like you we are still booked up in advance
    :beer: If I say something you like....Please hit the thanks button :beer:
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    char_student, hoping to become a what?
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • hethmar
    hethmar Posts: 10,678 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    There certainly used to be a minimum number of hours worked a week when I was at the CAB. Some old hands who couldnt do enough hours left.
  • alwaysonthego_2
    Options
    tiff wrote: »
    char_student, hoping to become a what?
    I think they meant an a s s (advice session supervisor). :eek:
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    lol, oh I see!
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,051 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I thought it must be an a s s, but I had no idea what that might stand for! Oh the joys of the swear filter ... :rotfl:
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • alwaysonthego_2
    Options
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    I thought it must be an a s s, but I had no idea what that might stand for! Oh the joys of the swear filter ... :rotfl:
    It's great being able call your superviser a A S S to their face :o
  • chocsessential
    Options
    Well, I've handed in my application form so now I'll just have to wait and see what happens. It's exciting in many ways but a bit nervewracking too. Hopefully I'll be able to go back for another chat so I can ask them lots of questions about the roles.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure