easyJet compensation - tip

Options
12346»

Comments

• timswf
    timswf Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    Hi - like an earlier poster - easyjet turned down my claim for 250euros for a flight cancelled while I was queuing to check in for it - claiming the crash of their booking and reservations system was an "extraodinary" circumstance... I argued that firms should have data backups and contingency plans - but they were having none of it. This seems to be becoming a standard get out clause - as othe rposters have been refused due to staff sickness. The air users council sent me a limp reply when I referred it to them saying they have no powers.. if not what is the point of them? Don't fancy court action - shall I chuck the towel in.. or are there other options?
    Rgds and thanks
    timswf
  • JGF
    JGF Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    does anyone know if this applies to internal flights?
  • bootman
    bootman Posts: 1,985 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My compensation pay out was for a Glasgow to Luton flight.
  • skigirl
    Options
    It took me several months but I got the 250 euros compensation for an £80 flight to Barcelona. Our flight was cancelled four days prior to departure and we ended up having to fly from a different airport at an inconvenient time. I think that no matter what you paid for the flight, they shouldn't be allowed to muck you about like that for no good reason. I also think that it's quite likely the flight was cancelled due to underbooking as our eventual flight was only half full, so if they make that decision on economic grounds then why shouldn't they pay out? They also conceal the fact that you might be entitled to compensation - I only discovered through seeing an article in the press and then doing some digging on the Easyjet website.
    Incidentally, I only tried once to phone Easyjet - soon got fed up of holding. I wrote to them once and then discovered it is possible to email them, although the email option is not obvious on their website. Go to "contact us" on the first page - list of numerous options, which unsurprisingly do not include "how can you get compensation from us?" Type anything into the search box, click on search, popup option appears "still stuck". Click on this and it gives you the option to fill in a customer service form which you can email (you need your booking reference). I used this and they have to reply to your email within 20 days.
  • suecoo66
    suecoo66 Posts: 109 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :mad:
    Currently stuck in Arrecife city as flight cancelled by Easyjet. Flight was due to fly 13.10 sunday 27th 09 got on plane then disembarked due to engine problems, spent hours in hot airport to be then told flight cancelled. Taken to hotel in Arrecife with no offer of food or water despite having been at airport since 10am that day. Got breakfast next morning then had to check out of hotel at 12pm, no pick up for airport till 15.30. Again no offer of food or water from the time we had breakfast at 7.30am. Flight meant to be at 17.30 but nothing confirmed, no sight nor sound of Easyjet reps.
    Last Sunday on trip out to Arrecife delayed for 3 and a half hours on plane waiting to be de iced only offer of compo was a free drink, useless offer as they run out after serving about 6 rows. What an insult.
    Can anyone help with suggestions of how to get compensation and am I entitled?
    Anyone ever used www.euclaim.com?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport