Credit Scoring techniques revealed

Options
PROLIANT
PROLIANT Posts: 6,396 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post
Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.

Comments

• PROLIANT
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • PROLIANT
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This morning I logged in to Equifax to check my report and inadvertantly requested my score, not to worry so I will share some feedback from that.

score_1.jpg

score_2.jpg
    score_3.jpg
  • ElkyElky
    ElkyElky Posts: 2,459 Forumite
    Options
    Very interesting indeed.

This should be a sticky.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • INT1
    INT1 Posts: 1,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Interesting reading but still every lender uses different lending criteria rules and they are not going to share that any-time soon.

So the links posted give a little bit of an idea, you won't get a full accurate picture.
  • PROLIANT
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    aldo wrote: »
    Interesting reading but still every lender uses different lending criteria rules and they are not going to share that any-time soon.

So the links posted give a little bit of an idea, you won't get a full accurate picture.
    This is tue, however I am hoping for some inside information from any bank employees on MSE who would discreatly contribute to the puzzel.
  • ElkyElky
    ElkyElky Posts: 2,459 Forumite
    Options
    Those documents though have given a good enough insight in to the whole process but we really need some underwriters who are brave enough to share the inner most secrets of their job.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • hax_2
    hax_2 Posts: 157 Forumite
    Options
    OMG more than 2 searches in the last 6 months is too much - I thought 6 was the maximum (although I understand that each lender scores differently). I guess my chances of getting a credit card are slim now.

Whenever I've made an application for a credit card, I've taken a screen shot of each page, so I know what type of information they've asked and what I typed. But I haven't made enough credit card applications for it to be useful for everyone. Hopefully this could be an idea for a future thread.

There was a senior underwriter on this forum who shared some of his secrets a few years ago (Mike) but unfortunately this was before the credit crunch/recession so a lot of the information is out of date/no longer applicable to the current economic climate.
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    edited 8 March 2010 at 5:06PM
    Options
    Underwriters cannot override or know the scoring model - they only manually assess an application and input the relevant elements that could affect the score....

I deal with risk and governance daily and most the extremely senior managers I meet do not know about scoring methods - the banks usually employ a head of risk to assess and determine the formula used.... underwriters have a nominal score chart to work from, it would not tell them how to pass the score or beat the system...

Ritchie74 and also a few others work in this field and know their stuff, but cannot and will not discuss scoring techniques...
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    Forgot to say - Excellent thread Proliant.... nice one mate. :T:T:T

Must have taken some time to get that amount of info together!:D:D
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • PROLIANT
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Forgot to say - Excellent thread Proliant.... nice one mate. :T:T:T

Must have taken some time to get that amount of info together!:D:D
    I am playing around with some formulae then going to write a program in C#/Java just to see results, an avenue of computer programming I have never ventured in to - algorithms etc.
    Data mining Star and Snowflake models is something I have worked with so I have a head start.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure