🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Paragon Finance

Options
13»

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    edited 30 March 2010 at 1:41PM
    Options
    Hi again

Thanks for the quick reply!

I haven't seen the letter yet, my husband just phoned me and read it out, but it is saying that we have to contact the liquidator....our paperwork says it was 1Click Finance Ltd.

How do I find the "underwriter insurer" and do I contact the liquidator first? Do I wait 8 weeks to contact the FOS?

I am so fuming mad :mad: that these "directors" can get away with it, I will keep this going until the bitter end but it's probably going to be me that loses...

thank you again for your help...

back to work now.....

Hi there and your welcome.

What you do is write to the lender and request they send you the insurance policy booklet which enclosed the insurers details, you then write to these the same way as you have done the broker, if they say no then go to the FOS (Financial ombudsman service) who will consider taking this on.
    The FOS are also trying to make the insurer's responsible.

Its another direction to take if all else fails, hope this helps, they should send you the document by 14 days.

Good luck.

Marshallka helped me BIG time on this one, checking out different ones who runs the same companies within Click, it is very frustrating indeed, when knowing they are still running and directing other click businesses and will not accept the complaint.......:mad:.

But as stated the insurer is another way to go.;)

What year did you take the loan out with these, if you don't mind me asking?

I think the liquidator is Begbies and Traynor, I did contact these as well, have not heard from them since, so it may still be worth you tracking them down (sorry I do not have the details on me right now) google them in and they should come up, if you ring them then they should put you through to the main dept dealing with these, not sure if they can actually help though, but if they do its the most so much pence in the £ to what I am aware of, you can always see what they say. X
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    Options
    Just added a little more on my above post for you.;)
  • Fakefurboots
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi there and your welcome.

What you do is write to the lender and request they send you the insurance policy booklet which enclosed the insurers details, you then write to these the same way as you have done the broker, if they say no then go to the FOS (Financial ombudsman service) who will consider taking this on.
    The FOS are also trying to make the insurer's responsible.

Its another direction to take if all else fails, hope this helps, they should send you the document by 14 days.

Good luck.

Marshallka helped me BIG time on this one, checking out different ones who runs the same companies within Click, it is very frustrating indeed, when knowing they are still running and directing other click businesses and will not accept the complaint.......:mad:.

But as stated the insurer is another way to go.;)

What year did you take the loan out with these, if you don't mind me asking?

Hi

Thanks for that, I will write back to them and ask for the insurers details. I think my anger is stopping me from thinking straight at the moment!!

I took out the loan in 2003 (unfortunately!) and paid it off in 2006, I borrowed £15k and paid back a total of £25.8k.

I really appreciate your help :)

bye for now
  • Fakefurboots
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    I think the liquidator is Begbies and Traynor, I did contact these as well, have not heard from them since, so it may still be worth you tracking them down (sorry I do not have the details on me right now) google them in and they should come up, if you ring them then they should put you through to the main dept dealing with these, not sure if they can actually help though, but if they do its the most so much pence in the £ to what I am aware of, you can always see what they say. X

Thanks so much, I will get on to this tonight after work!

very grateful
    Fakefurboots :)
  • di3004
    Options
    Your very welcome.

I think 1clickFinanceLtd were before Click Loans, they have so many names, closed down started another and so on.

You can also find more details on these through Companies House here:
    http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/f47981b9d69a786fae8e5405f0867997/wcframe?name=accessCompanyInfo
    Just write in the company name or number and the details should come up for you, it may even give you details of the liquidator for that business.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family