We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Paragon Finance

Options

Comments

• Fakefurboots
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi and welcome

(love your username):D:T

I take it then that is was Paragon that actually set up and sold you the loan?
    If so you are correct in writing to them to reclaim, good luck with this and please keep us posted.

Fingers crossed.

Di

Thanks Di!

Yes it was Paragon that set up and sold the loan to me, so it looks like I have done the right thing so far!

They either added the premium without consulting me or led me to believe it was compulsory, can't remember what happened. I have thrown away most of the paperwork (I am in shock at my own stupidity) but have asked Paragon for a copy - as advised by the Martin Lewis website!

thanks again to everyone on this forum :T

I will keep you posted......
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Di!

Yes it was Paragon that set up and sold the loan to me, so it looks like I have done the right thing so far!

They either added the premium without consulting me or led me to believe it was compulsory, can't remember what happened. I have thrown away most of the paperwork (I am in shock at my own stupidity) but have asked Paragon for a copy - as advised by the Martin Lewis website!

thanks again to everyone on this forum :T

I will keep you posted......

Your welcome and fingers crossed for you :T;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • raudi
    raudi Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Quick bump to see if anyone has had ant dealing with the above!?
    Thanks Raudi x

Woolwich - x 2 accounts! - Received £7800. Virgin Credit - Received £360. Capital one - Recieved £136
    :money: Thanks for this informative site!!!
  • raudi
    Options
    See below response received on Friday..... Needless to say i will not be waiting 8 weeks for a response!

I am sorry to learn that you are not happy with the service or advice you have received from us. We aim to provide the best service and advice we can to our customers, but we recognise that sometimes we make mistakes, or that there may be misunderstandings between ourselves and our customers. We take customer's complaints seriously.

We have a complaints procedure to make sure that your complaint is properly investigated, and that you get a fair response. Central Capital Limited is part of the Central Trust Group of companies. Your complaint will be fully and impartially investigated by the Compliance Department. I have forwarded your complaint to them to begin the investigation.

The enclosed leaflet "Complaints - A Guide for Customers" explains the procedure that the Compliance Department will follow in investigating and responding to your complaint. Please take time to read the leaflet as it explains how your complaint will be handled and when you should expect us to contact you again. We normally respond to all complaints within eight weeks from receipt.

The Compliance Department can be contacted directly on 01603 896 890.

[/I][/COLOR]
    Thanks Raudi x

Woolwich - x 2 accounts! - Received £7800. Virgin Credit - Received £360. Capital one - Recieved £136
  • di3004
    Options
    raudi wrote: »
    See below response received on Friday..... Needless to say i will not be waiting 8 weeks for a response!

I am sorry to learn that you are not happy with the service or advice you have received from us. We aim to provide the best service and advice we can to our customers, but we recognise that sometimes we make mistakes, or that there may be misunderstandings between ourselves and our customers. We take customer's complaints seriously.

We have a complaints procedure to make sure that your complaint is properly investigated, and that you get a fair response. Central Capital Limited is part of the Central Trust Group of companies. Your complaint will be fully and impartially investigated by the Compliance Department. I have forwarded your complaint to them to begin the investigation.

The enclosed leaflet "Complaints - A Guide for Customers" explains the procedure that the Compliance Department will follow in investigating and responding to your complaint. Please take time to read the leaflet as it explains how your complaint will be handled and when you should expect us to contact you again. We normally respond to all complaints within eight weeks from receipt.

The Compliance Department can be contacted directly on 01603 896 890.

[/I][/COLOR]

Hi there

Thanks for your update and fingers crossed for a good outcome.;)
  • koala77
    koala77 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, yes I have had dealings with this company, I am currently trying to reclaim my PPI from them. I also got my loan from Paragon through Central Capital. They disputed my claim, I referred it to the FOS. The adjudicator ruled in my favour but CC have dispute that too! It is now awaiting allocation to an ombudsman. I started the ball rolling in October 2009, apparently they are one of the worst to get PPI back from. Just don't give up

raudi wrote: »
    Morning!

Well i have heard back from Paragon and they have advised that our loan was arranged by a company called Central Capital Limited. I have found there details in the www. Now I have no recollection of using this company and thought we had used Paragon direct and wondered if anyone had any dealings with them?

There details are :

Phone

Call us on Freephone 0800 032 5272

Email

General enquiries
    UK Correspendence Address

Central Capital Loans Ltd.
    Edward Hyde Building
    38 Clarendon Road
    Watford
    Hertfordshire
    WD17 1JJ

Fax

01923 280060

Any help anyone can shed on this company??
  • raudi
    Options
    koala77 wrote: »
    Hello, yes I have had dealings with this company, I am currently trying to reclaim my PPI from them. I also got my loan from Paragon through Central Capital. They disputed my claim, I referred it to the FOS. The adjudicator ruled in my favour but CC have dispute that too! It is now awaiting allocation to an ombudsman. I started the ball rolling in October 2009, apparently they are one of the worst to get PPI back from. Just don't give up

Thanks Koala! I don't plan on giving up but hoped it would happen quicker... hey ho I'll see this all the way through!
    Thanks Raudi x

• Fakefurboots
    Options
    Just to update everyone on my claim to Paragon made earlier this month for mis-sold ppi, (I think I am owed about £6-7k) since found out that the loan was actually made with 1Click Finance. Just received their reply saying they have been dissolved and we need to contact the liquidators. It's not looking too good at this stage but I notice that 1Click is still doing business at the same address under different names starting with 1Click or just Click.

I have a horrible feeling that these companies just "liquidate" when they are in trouble and start trading under a similar name. I suppose I will just have to carry on but I am losing hope now....
  • di3004
    edited 30 March 2010 at 12:56PM
    Options
    Just to update everyone on my claim to Paragon made earlier this month for mis-sold ppi, (I think I am owed about £6-7k) since found out that the loan was actually made with 1Click Finance. Just received their reply saying they have been dissolved and we need to contact the liquidators. It's not looking too good at this stage but I notice that 1Click is still doing business at the same address under different names starting with 1Click or just Click.

I have a horrible feeling that these companies just "liquidate" when they are in trouble and start trading under a similar name. I suppose I will just have to carry on but I am losing hope now....

Hi there

I know how you feel there, we taken one out with Click Finance in 2004, they dissolved in 2006, but they do have lots of other click loan businesses, same director as well.:mad:

I would go for the underwriter insurer instead if this is the case for you, I am doing this and its with the FOS now.;)
    On my paperwork from Click when we taken out the loan, it has 1clickloans, 1click finance and so on, Clickloans, click finance, you can check the actual company by checking the company number, do you have these?
    As they all have different company numbers.
  • Fakefurboots
    Options
    Hi again

Thanks for the quick reply!

I haven't seen the letter yet, my husband just phoned me and read it out, but it is saying that we have to contact the liquidator....our paperwork says it was 1Click Finance Ltd.

How do I find the "underwriter insurer" and do I contact the liquidator first? Do I wait 8 weeks to contact the FOS?

I am so fuming mad :mad: that these "directors" can get away with it, I will keep this going until the bitter end but it's probably going to be me that loses...

thank you again for your help...

back to work now.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills