Paragon Finance

Options
Hi all!

Well after reclaiming bank charges a while ago, i have not started the process of reclaiming PPI from Paragon Finance (i have also sent them a letter about harassing us by phone, as they continuously call every waking hour! We are a 2 payments behind due to hubby having a cancer scare last autumn and needing a operation! Luckily he got the all clear and we have an arrangement to get upto date)

We have also started to reclaim PPI from lloyds.

Does anyone have any tips for Paragon and has anyone reclaimed succesfully against them? I've looked through the boards with not much luck!

Thanks all!!
Thanks Raudi x

Woolwich - x 2 accounts! - Received £7800. Virgin Credit - Received £360. Capital one - Recieved £136
:money: Thanks for this informative site!!!

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    raudi wrote: »
    Hi all!

Well after reclaiming bank charges a while ago, i have not started the process of reclaiming PPI from Paragon Finance (i have also sent them a letter about harassing us by phone, as they continuously call every waking hour! We are a 2 payments behind due to hubby having a cancer scare last autumn and needing a operation! Luckily he got the all clear and we have an arrangement to get upto date)

We have also started to reclaim PPI from lloyds.

Does anyone have any tips for Paragon and has anyone reclaimed succesfully against them? I've looked through the boards with not much luck!

Thanks all!!

Hi there

First of all good luck with your reclaims.

And so sorry to hear about your hubby's scare, hope all okay now.;)

Right, not sure abour Paragon, never had dealings with them myself, but was it actually Paragon who set up the finance?
    If so then your right to write to them, if you used a broker for these then you would write to them.

I do have experience with LLoyds though, both with Credit Card PPI and loans PPI.
    They do tend to use stalling tactics on paying out, but the the credit card ppi it was all resolved with the FOS, the loan PPI "Two of them" have been more or less resolved directly with LLoyds, but they do not rush.

Hopefully they will be more lenient with you, because going by others who have had dealings with LLoyds some have been straight forward.
    So with a bit of luck it will all go okay for you, fingers crossed on both, hope you receive good results, keep at them.;)

Di
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • rachmac_2
    rachmac_2 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Raud,
    i am helping my sister in law claim ppi back from parogon for about £12,000. at the moment we have only sent the first letter. i will speak to her tommorrow for an update but i think this will take a while. le me know how you get on and i will keep you updated too :)
  • raudi
    raudi Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    rachmac wrote: »
    Hi Raud,
    i am helping my sister in law claim ppi back from parogon for about £12,000. at the moment we have only sent the first letter. i will speak to her tommorrow for an update but i think this will take a while. le me know how you get on and i will keep you updated too :)

Thanks!! I've only sent my first letter and the letter asking that they don't telephone us! Fingers crossed they responded within said 40 days!
    Thanks Raudi x

Woolwich - x 2 accounts! - Received £7800. Virgin Credit - Received £360. Capital one - Recieved £136
  • raudi
    Options
    Morning!

Well i have heard back from Paragon and they have advised that our loan was arranged by a company called Central Capital Limited. I have found there details in the www. Now I have no recollection of using this company and thought we had used Paragon direct and wondered if anyone had any dealings with them?

There details are :

Phone

Call us on Freephone 0800 032 5272

Email

General enquiries
    UK Correspendence Address

Central Capital Loans Ltd.
    Edward Hyde Building
    38 Clarendon Road
    Watford
    Hertfordshire
    WD17 1JJ

Fax

01923 280060

Any help anyone can shed on this company??
    Thanks Raudi x

• raudi
    Options
    Anyone heard of them?
    Thanks Raudi x

• di3004
    Options
    Morning!

Well i have heard back from Paragon and they have advised that our loan was arranged by a company called Central Capital Limited. I have found there details in the www. Now I have no recollection of using this company and thought we had used Paragon direct and wondered if anyone had any dealings with them?

There details are :

Phone

Call us on Freephone 0800 032 5272

Email

General enquiries
    UK Correspendence Address

Central Capital Loans Ltd.
    Edward Hyde Building
    38 Clarendon Road
    Watford
    Hertfordshire
    WD17 1JJ

Fax

01923 280060

Any help anyone can shed on this company??

Hi there

Found them also on Companies house, but if they are the correct ones they business dissolved, details here:

Name & Registered Office:
    CENTRAL CAPITAL
    66 WIGMORE STREET
    LONDON
    W1U 2SB
    Company No. 01164622

What year did you take out this loan?

If this was taken out after 2005, it may be a case of asking the Financial compensation scheme (FSCS) if they are listed with them, if this is the case then you make a claim through these.

Make sure though its the correct company first if you can, the Financial ombudsman service (FOS) may be able to check their status, so it may be worth contacting them here:
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/contact/index.html

If it is the same company, as it would have to be broker who Paragon have stated of whom you would have to write to to reclaim.

In the worst scenerio write to the actual insurer instead, a company I tried to make a reclaim dissolved in 2006, but they were not governed by GISC, the FSA taken over in 2005, the FOS are only able to adjudicate complaints who were governed when the finance were taken out.

I have since gone the insurer direction as another alternative, the FOS are also trying to make these responsible, these would have been covered by the above regulators, so if the insurer turns you away then you can request for the FOS to investigate, they will consider taking this on.

However, if your finance were taken out where governed, then you should be okay to go the FSCS direction.
    http://fscs.org.uk/contact-us/

Hope this helps, ask for help if required and please keep us posted, good luck.

Di
  • Fakefurboots
    Options
    Hi all

Just joined the forum, it's certainly nice to know I am not the only one in this situation. There is some very good advice here which I am extremely grateful for.....

Just sent my first letter to Paragon (by special delivery!!). Briefly - took out a 15 yr loan with them online 7 years ago for approx £15k in desperation to consolidate my debts.

Paid it off early 3 years ago due to selling my house and making a good profit, a the time of the settlement I was totally ignorant of the fact I had been ripped off. Only now have I come to my senses and realised what happened, I just can't believe how stupid I was.

So for borrowing £15k over 3 yrs I ended up paying a total of nearly £26k

I have had some angry sleepless nights lately - I have a feeling this will take a long time.

Thanks to everyone for the information on the forum

Fakefurboots
  • di3004
    Options
    Hi all

Just joined the forum, it's certainly nice to know I am not the only one in this situation. There is some very good advice here which I am extremely grateful for.....

Just sent my first letter to Paragon (by special delivery!!). Briefly - took out a 15 yr loan with them online 7 years ago for approx £15k in desperation to consolidate my debts.

Paid it off early 3 years ago due to selling my house and making a good profit, a the time of the settlement I was totally ignorant of the fact I had been ripped off. Only now have I come to my senses and realised what happened, I just can't believe how stupid I was.

So for borrowing £15k over 3 yrs I ended up paying a total of nearly £26k

I have had some angry sleepless nights lately - I have a feeling this will take a long time.

Thanks to everyone for the information on the forum

Fakefurboots

Hi and welcome

(love your username):D:T

I take it then that is was Paragon that actually set up and sold you the loan?
    If so you are correct in writing to them to reclaim, good luck with this and please keep us posted.

Fingers crossed.

Di
  • raudi
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi there

Found them also on Companies house, but if they are the correct ones they business dissolved, details here:

Name & Registered Office:
    CENTRAL CAPITAL
    66 WIGMORE STREET
    LONDON
    W1U 2SB
    Company No. 01164622

What year did you take out this loan?

If this was taken out after 2005, it may be a case of asking the Financial compensation scheme (FSCS) if they are listed with them, if this is the case then you make a claim through these.

Make sure though its the correct company first if you can, the Financial ombudsman service (FOS) may be able to check their status, so it may be worth contacting them here:
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/contact/index.html

If it is the same company, as it would have to be broker who Paragon have stated of whom you would have to write to to reclaim.

In the worst scenerio write to the actual insurer instead, a company I tried to make a reclaim dissolved in 2006, but they were not governed by GISC, the FSA taken over in 2005, the FOS are only able to adjudicate complaints who were governed when the finance were taken out.

I have since gone the insurer direction as another alternative, the FOS are also trying to make these responsible, these would have been covered by the above regulators, so if the insurer turns you away then you can request for the FOS to investigate, they will consider taking this on.

However, if your finance were taken out where governed, then you should be okay to go the FSCS direction.
    http://fscs.org.uk/contact-us/

Hope this helps, ask for help if required and please keep us posted, good luck.

Di

Looks like it is a differnt company. These details are:

Central Loans Limited

• Registered in England 4205508
    • Registered Office: Austin House, Stannard Place, St Crispins Road, NR3 1PX.
    • Is a licensed credit broker under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Licence number 505626
    • Is a wholly owned subsidiary of Central Trust PLC
    • Is an appointed representative of Central Trust PLC which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
    • VAT number 765 3535 12
    I sent my letter ti them registered post yesterday, I'm hoping they answer quickly!

Does anyone know if I can cancel my PPI I have on this loan?? As looking at the statement 2yrs down the line we owe 7k more than we borrowed at the time!!

How can they be allowed to do this to use hardworking folk, it is scandolous!!
    Thanks Raudi x

• di3004
    Options
    Looks like it is a differnt company. These details are:

Central Loans Limited

• Registered in England 4205508
    • Registered Office: Austin House, Stannard Place, St Crispins Road, NR3 1PX.
    • Is a licensed credit broker under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Licence number 505626
    • Is a wholly owned subsidiary of Central Trust PLC
    • Is an appointed representative of Central Trust PLC which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
    • VAT number 765 3535 12
    I sent my letter ti them registered post yesterday, I'm hoping they answer quickly!

Does anyone know if I can cancel my PPI I have on this loan?? As looking at the statement 2yrs down the line we owe 7k more than we borrowed at the time!!

How can they be allowed to do this to use hardworking folk, it is scandolous!!

Hi hun

You should be able to cancel at any time, although they all have their own ways of how they deal with this, so I would check you policy if you have this and this should explain on what they do when you do cancel, some will reduce the payments, or some suggest a new loan without ppi must be taken to pay off the existing one and so on, but the PPI you still make a reclaim on.
    So as this varies from one business to another its worth checking this out, or ring the office who should be able to go through the details with you.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport