Solved : Vax Rapide Carpet Cleaner - Not dispensing water

Options

Comments

• Alan_Mass
    Options
    A new post, my Vax Ultra Rapide 2 sprays water from the brush bar as well as the hand tool when upright using the hand tool, any suggestions please?
  • Heedtheadvice
    Options
    Hand tool properly connected?
  • pablo1827
    pablo1827 Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 November 2019 at 12:14PM
    Options
    Just found this thread after buying a Vax Rapide at a car boot sale for £5.Lady selling said she had only used it twice . Once I got it home I could see why she only used it twice! It wasn’t dispensing the water solution. After following Davids advice of removing the brush bar and clearing the pinholes with a safety pin it works perfectly. Thanks david 39 for an old thread that is still helping people.
  • Neil_Longsden
    Options
    I am trying to get my vax Rapide Classic to work properly again and will follow all the valuable adive above, particularly David's.  May I ask, please, how I clean the pipes etc after use to minimise build up of detergent and crud?  Please answer in plain english as I am a 76yrs old techno thicky.  Thank you.... Neil
  • sharon1234567
    Options
    Thanks for this. I did everything you said, didn't work but for me but got me thinking and looking. I found a blob of dried soap at the base of the water tank where there is a little round sponge. Pulled that out and rinsed the little sponge well, now works perfectly. So just thought I'd add this in case it helps anyone else. Thanks again. 

• debitcardmayhem
    Options
    Thanks for this. I did everything you said, didn't work but for me but got me thinking and looking. I found a blob of dried soap at the base of the water tank where there is a little round sponge. Pulled that out and rinsed the little sponge well, now works perfectly. So just thought I'd add this in case it helps anyone else. Thanks again. 

Thank you for sharing , and no spam links in your post either , welcome to the forum

🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • Heedtheadvice
    Options
    To clean the pipes just empty tank of cleaner then add fresh warm water to both and run in wash setting for a few seconds to just flush them out.
    Would not recommend using hot/boiling water as the machine is not designed for use other than with cold water so may cause damage. Many of the internal components are not available to purchase!
  • Articulate25
    Options
    Hi

I have the vax platinum power max carpet cleaner, its the 2nd replacement, the first, the engine went, and the second, they took in for repair, but in the end they sent me yet another one, anyway, its is still now not working right, for a few seconds it worked great, the water swirling around the nozzle, the floor visible wet, and soapy solution, coming out the sides Then it just stopped cleaning, floor was hardly wet, no dirty water in the second container, the valve is wet still, there were many bits of carpet though, some in the filter, but even after I cleared it, still not working, baffling it is brand new fist use, and the model is a Which best buy! 

the hose/scrub works fantastic though
  • Petalgirl
    Options
    I wish I had found this post before taking my carpet cleaner apart.  I managed to put it together again and then cleaned the spray holes and as if by magic, it works.  Now can anyone tell me why it isn’t sucking the water back up again please?

• Oldhouse
    Options
    I carnt get any water to come out of the hand tool, any suggestions? The main carpet cleaner works fine.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback