Solved : Vax Rapide Carpet Cleaner - Not dispensing water

Options

Comments

• Ainsley1
    Ainsley1 Posts: 404 Forumite
    Options
    Jadeycakes, I am not sure but I think the dispensing system is similar to the newer advance reach so this post might be useful for you.
    Firstly there is a diagnostic troubleshooter on their web site under support that will give you basic info. Failing that they are really good at support to get your machine fixed if it is still under warranty provided you have the receipt and registration of your machine should extend that possibly to five years or so.

Having investigated a long reach advance that had the same problem - rinsed fine but would not dispense wash solution I found out that the solenoid pump to force out the solution had failed. In fact it had burnt out and required replacing but the machine needed dismantling to find this out.
    It is not the same fault as the rapide cleaners if rinse is fine but might be the filter below the wash tank (I assume there is on on your model!) -I am not sure your machine is the same inwards as mine but does it have a burning smell too?
    It is not necessarily the same cause you have but try this first on their web site go to support and enter your model number V-124A and follow the menus.

If you have purchase receipt and valid warranty contact VAX they are really helpful at getting the machine fixed usually by a return it to them for a nominal charge. If not then they might still be able to help so give them a call after following the troubleshoot info.
  • shakey123
    Options
    please can anyone help I have a vax machine and the soapy water keeps coming out and wont stop
  • KENAMIS65
    Options
    Can someone please tell me where the pin holes are on the plastin srtip as i cant see none
  • aardvaak
    aardvaak Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Who is the women on the VAX Dual Power Pro advert?
  • cazcaz222
    Options
    hope i am in the right place to ask this. i have the Model: Vax V-124 Dual V. got it in janury 2015. only used it twice , it was a replacement under the warranty , but the last warranty was nearly up , two weeks left and i was told i couldnto renew the warrany with the replacement. the first time i used it it was ok ish , but i found it dont suck up as much water as the last one, today i have tried to clean the carpet at the front door bout 4 foot wide and 8 foot long and its taken me 4 hours to try and get it to suck up water , have used up to 3 tank full so far , and about a quater full in the dirty tank . when i tried to use the hose with the little clear end on , the water does not spray out and even not pressing the triger to spray the water is going through the clear tube and straight into the pipe into the dirty tank , the clean water tank just empty straight into the bottom tank . i just cant seem to get the machine to work properly .am ready to bin it. i wish they had just replaced it with the same as the last one i hate this machine grr , any help please .
  • Ainsley1
    Ainsley1 Posts: 404 Forumite
    Options
    There is not much that can go wrong on the suck side!
    Assuming the motor is running - I think it will be clear if is not! - then check that the dirty tank is properly seated on it's seals, and then that the "airways" are clear including checking if there is any debris in the front clear plastic channel and the removable lint filter under the machine. There is also a filter inside the dirty tank that needs to be clear too. If they are all clean and clear switch on the machine and try removing and replacing the dirty tank whilst running. Can you feel any suction, does the motor change note slightly or a lot when tank is replaced. If the motor and it's airways are clear there should be some suction 'pulling' the dirty tank into position a bit.

Those are some simple checks that are easy to do for starters.
  • diy1950
    diy1950 Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This was an old thread but just the advice I needed!. Working perfectly now. Thanks again.
  • bazzzal
    Options
    I have a Vax 6131T, this thread gave me clues to find a no soapy water problem. Thanks so much.
  • AndrewST
    Options
    Thanks David39 had lent my Vax out, and been in the attic for a few months, and after reading your post and cleaning out the jets works perfectly!
  • Knighty1973
    Options
    Joined up just to say thank you!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family