We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 11

1…991992994996997…1499

Comments

  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,010 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    lol we're the same age remember :p I think I got my nes for Christmas when I was like 7 or 8 and we all thougt it was the coolest thing ever esp the light gun!:rotfl:
    BM nes is the not-so-super nintendo :cool:

    Oh yeah, shooting the ducks and cans haha...that was fab. We have had every version of nintendo:)
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    lol we're the same age remember :p I think I got my nes for Christmas when I was like 7 or 8 and we all thougt it was the coolest thing ever esp the light gun!:rotfl:
    BM nes is the not-so-super nintendo :cool:

    im older then you by a month and 3 days(i think unless im confusing you with someone) :rotfl::rotfl: ... but it was my bros computer and would sneak a play when they were out or they'd let me play it when they were being nice :D ... duck hunt built in to it on the gun .. fun times :D x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • scruffy96uk
    scruffy96uk Posts: 2,925 Forumite
    aless02 wrote: »
    I just made DH go shave because I told him he wasn't getting kissed with scruffy face :rotfl:

    i just read that quickly and read it that you told DH he wasn't getting to kiss my face :rotfl:
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion
    Ellie 25/12/07
  • aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    i just read that quickly and read it that you told DH he wasn't getting to kiss my face :rotfl:

    That too! :D
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

    would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • aless02 wrote: »
    SJ, that's the style of sling I just bought this afternoon!! :T :T (mine was cheaper, nyah nyah :p). Want one for quick in and out jobbies and use the mei tai for longer treks when I need the extra support. Slings are evillllly addictive. Far less pricey than other people's pram addictions!! :p:p:p

    Garrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Trying to book flights to the USA for my sis's wedding in July and right as our card transaction was being processed, the damn flight prices changed...which means the payment kinda half-went through on my account and the money won't be released until the banks open on TUESDAY so can't re-book the flights until then by which time they'll prolly have gone up again. Stupid Expedia.

    Yay for E drinking from a cup! Yay for other clever babies! Sleepy Molly vibes!

    I just made DH go shave because I told him he wasn't getting kissed with scruffy face :rotfl:

    I think H prefers the ring sling to the mei tai now, Aless. I think it is because he can wriggle and look around more. I am loving the ring sling at the moment!

    I am mostly shopping for fridge freezers tonight, and it is pretty boring :doh:.
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    J loves it when OH has a hairy face - he spends ages just stroking it and laughing. :rotfl:
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • MadDogWoman_2
    MadDogWoman_2 Posts: 2,376 Forumite
    edited 3 April 2010 at 10:12PM
    SM - as requested - I've not tried it though, it's another Nigella one so should work.

    500g Caster sugar
    50g unsalted butter
    100ml evaporated milk
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    20x16cm or 15x12.5cm foil tin, buttered

    Tip: Instead of a sugar thermometer drop pieces of the fudge into iced water and when it holds it shape it's ready.

    Sugar, butter and milk in a heavy based saucepan bring to the boil, boil gently with occasional stirring to stop sticking, continue until thermometer reads 115C approx 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat, beat in vanilla and carry on until thick and creamy and almost grainy, pour into buttered tin and cool. Cut into pieces (approx 25-30 squares).

    When DH hasn't had a shave Katie goes ewwwwwww prickly and refuses to go near him.
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    DD Katie born April 2007!
    3 years 9 months and proud of it
    dreams do come true (eventually!)

  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Anyone for some homemade fudge??? Honest we washed our hands before starting ok we may have licked them a few times in the process :rotfl:

    Will swap you some treacle toffee :D (had no carnation to make fudge and it's not the same without)
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    edited 3 April 2010 at 10:17PM
    thanks mdw.. sorry i mean scruff (sorry had 2 glasses of wine LOL!) .. how long would you say it would last ... depending on that you didnt eat it all straight away x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • MadDogWoman_2
    MadDogWoman_2 Posts: 2,376 Forumite
    edited 3 April 2010 at 10:17PM
    I'll have some fudge please.

    I daren't make fudge I like it too much and it's bad for the sugar levels.

    I've kept handmade shop bought fudge in the fridge for several weeks without a problem (I forgot it was there as it travelled home with us after a holiday!)

    DH has just read Katie a bedtime story for the first time - she was a tough audience she asked for the The Gruffalo - a big thing for DH with his dyslexia.
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    DD Katie born April 2007!
    3 years 9 months and proud of it
    dreams do come true (eventually!)

This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.