We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 11

1…12701271127312751276…1499

Comments

  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    Fitzio wrote: »
    Get well soon Charlie!! Hope you are coping ok Caz. x

    Sami - where does it say you should be aiming for all drinks in a cup from 6 months? It was my understanding that it is recommended you stop bottles from around 1 year old, and introduce a sippy cup at around 6 months with water to get them used to the different way of drinking. But I have never read that you should be giving up bottles at 6 months??
    .
    That's because I didn't write that :)
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • Fitzio
    Fitzio Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    csh wrote: »
    Poor H and OH!

    I tried to feed K a stage 2 jar of carbonara and he made himself gag then projectile vomit. Its actually the first time hes ever been sick since he was a day old and very mucousy. Me no likely, he was choking on it and everything

    He just doesn't do bits and lumps in food. Its got to be stage 1 puree or actual food that he holds and eats himself. That carbonara signalled the end of stage 2 jars lol

    Snap! It was the first time we had tried her on Stage 2 jars, which I thought would be fine because everyone on here said there were hardly any lumps!
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    That's because I didn't write that :)

    My apologies if you think I misquoted you. Can you answer my question then as to where "they" say you should be aiming for all drinks in a cup (which sounds like you should be aiming for giving up bottles)?
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    ooh meant to say before, Kian drank from a proper glass at mums group today. was some of my apple juice. let me hold it to his mouth, he opened his mouth. took a mouthful and swallowed it. did it 3 times so i think it wasnt a fluke. lol

    so proud... going to try him tomorrow with a bit of milk from is beaker ( no lid)
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • money_maker_3
    money_maker_3 Posts: 9,591 Forumite
    Stoptober Survivor
    SAMI
    Tia has just text me to ask you what size of those trousers you wanted as she has ended up in Tescos and they are there
    The two best things I have done with my life
    :TDD 5/11/02 :j DS 17/6/09 :T
    STOPTOBER CHALLANGE ... here we go !!
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    Get Well Soon Vibes for Charlie

    caz (((hugs)))
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    Fitzio wrote: »
    ...

    My apologies if you think I misquoted you. Can you answer my question then as to where "they" say you should be aiming for all drinks in a cup (which sounds like you should be aiming for giving up bottles)?
    I didn't say they want you off bottles at 6mths. they say you should introduce the cup at 6mth and be off bottles by 12mth.



    OMG I'm watching Panorama from last night :eek: all I've seen so far is ignorant, selfish, lazy parents :mad:
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    SAMI
    Tia has just text me to ask you what size of those trousers you wanted as she has ended up in Tescos and they are there
    9-12 and/or 12-18
    Tell her I love her :D
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • scruffy96uk
    scruffy96uk Posts: 2,925 Forumite
    Fitz Poor holly And DH it's horrible when that happens

    Caz (((((GREAT BIG HUGS))))) FOR MY LITTLE TIGER FRIEND x x

    El was sick again this evening so is not even keeping water down now. She has slept all day and is now in bed.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion
    Ellie 25/12/07
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    Ah right thanks for that. lol you cant shake? I didnt know that lol

    Yeah we had a tub of C&G open, probs just enough left for two more feeds of that

    Congrats SM for passing :)

    Som - done :) thanks

    You can't shake the Dr Brown bottles but if you use the Comfort in a different bottle then you can shake it. :)
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    9-12 and/or 12-18
    Tell her I love her :D

    I did go into Tesco Express in Runcorn today and they had loads of clothes but I couldn't see any with a triangle on the bum. :( Glad Tia has found some.

    Hugs to choking babies - Jack choked on chicken, a segment of orange and banana. Thankfully the reflex has kicked in and its come back up but had a few hairy heart stopping moments! :o He seems to have learned not to take such big bites now!

    Tonight J has had a bath, massage, most of his bedtime bottle AND has gone to bed with a teddy! Friends suggestion - her friends LO will only sleep with a teddy!
    Huge get well vibes to Charlie
    Well done Kian drinking like a big boy!

    Sami - did you buy the cot?
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • elle_gee
    elle_gee Posts: 8,584 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Evening all..

    I've been at work and then at my mum's for tea (Dad's away until late with work) :)

    Have been txting Caz. She said Charlie got better then went downhill fast. They're not sure what's going on but the doctors looked worried. Charlie isn't talking and looks like a different child :( Caz say thankyou all for the vibes, they're very much needed. She'll keep me informed - reminded her my phone is always on and I'm a night owl ;)

    *hugs* for the poorlies, and YAYs for the clever mummies and rolling babies (and the trouser finders!) :)

    Kindof, maybe it would be an idea to just set that almost empty tub aside and try the new one. Then if he doesn't get on with the new one, you've at least for a few feeds of what he knows to give you time to nip to the shop for more of the old one, iyswim :)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.