We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 11

1…11851186118811901191…1499

Comments

  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    i had the depo for 7 years and although i put weight on (not sure if it was that or the desk job that did it) i was period free for 6 1/2 years - bliss. thought it did take 18 months to get out of my system and a further 6 months before i fell pg with Kian.

    was on cilest before that and had no problems at all.

    now on cerazette and have had 5 days period since beginning nov.

    i;ve been lucky i guess
    its trial and error and wahts suits one person wont suit another
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    JAM1376 wrote: »
    Jillie
    Please don't tell anyone my 6 and a half month old had 3 kfc chips and some of their chicken on Fri but won't open her mouth for a spoon :D

    I bought J a mini sub on Wednesday but he was more interested in my chips than turkey and bread! lol!

    nice to see you missus! :)
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    I had the implant and loved it! One benefit is the second it's out of your body, you can TTC whereas I think the pill can take months :D. Someone people get no periods on it - I got random ones, but they were never mega-heavy (always light to medium). Doesn't even really hurt to go in or get taken out, promise.
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

    would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    How exciting Jam - my Very Best Friend is also pregnant but a bit earlier than yours and I am thrilled. I want her to have a boy so he and Molly can get married and we can double-team them about having a lot of grandchildren :rotfl:

    I wouldn't worry about chips either, Molly gets oven chips to play with when we have them and other bits of stuff (toast, strips of pepper, cucumber chunks and such like) but also gets chunks of steak to gum dry and white. She may or may not have had some of my ice cream yesterday.... and may or may not have thrown a big tantrum for more and more and more.
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • elle_gee
    elle_gee Posts: 8,584
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Ooohhh.. I'm on a winning streak - I won £10 on Lotto last night too :D
  • boogellyboo
    boogellyboo Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Hello lovely ladies :)

    I can't remember when I was last on here, we went to OH's gran's funeral on Friday and Isla was really well behaved. I kept her in the sling for the service and she slept all through it then charmed everyone at the wake.

    Contraception talk, hmm I'd best think about that soon! All pill's make me a hormonal mad woman and the injection made me bleed constantly. Suppose I'd better make a Dr's appt.

    The pic's from the scottish meet are lovely, what gorgeous kiddly winks you all have :)

    Jillie - I've not got any advice on weaning sorry as we're just reading up now ready for Isla starting but just wanted to send you hugs. Kian seem's a really happy little man and as the other's say, all babies develop appetites at their own rate and any food before one year old is for fun not just nutrition.
    Belly Monkey arrived 19.11.09 :j
  • MadDogWoman_2
    MadDogWoman_2 Posts: 2,376 Forumite
    Contraception - I'm no help, I've not used anything since 1999 and been advised not to use anything that contains hormones ever again.

    Weaning - definitely take it at their pace, some are ready some aren't. Weight gain does slow down so try not to work that he isn't getting enough.

    Katie is a very happy toddler, she was given the Birthday Bear, she was a bit unsure walking up to the front until she saw the bear then it was top speed, grab and cuddle.

    Well done on the wins Elle.
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    DD Katie born April 2007!
    3 years 9 months and proud of it
    dreams do come true (eventually!)

  • Fitzio
    Fitzio Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    Jillie!!!! I am annoyed that you didn't post your worries! Here is my post from 2 weeks ago:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=31327249&postcount=7782

    Holly wasn't overly fussed on food either so it's not just Kian. She now has some porridge at breakfast, maybe a fruit pot at lunch, and some dinner in the evening. Sometimes homemade, sometimes half a jar. If she has finished what I give her, I would offer her some more, and she seems to be quite happy with it. She isn't eating enough to bother if we miss a meal though, but sometimes she will take half a jar at lunch as well as fruit - each day is different.

    She was quite content with just milk really, so I started cutting her bottles down to 7oz ones instead of 8oz so she would not be too full up, and that has really helped. As long as she still gets around 20oz a day, I am happy she is getting enough milk, so I can concentrate on the food. I just try her with stuff, but let her decide what she wants.

    For what it's worth, I think that 20 spoonfuls sounds like loads! I am not sure how much a portion should be, but we are more likely to have about 20 half spoons or something.
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    right done abit of my theory .. for a few passes but now the kids wont let me do it so have to stop for a while will do more later when there bellies are to full for them to move :rotfl: x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,187
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    kindof, I only remember to take mine now because it sits beside my toothbrush !! I have 2 children, both conceived while I was on the pill because I kept forgetting it :)

    I keep mine next to the toothpaste so I remember to take one every morning when I clean my teeth.

    Weaning - best just to let them go at their own pace. I think it helps having babies with you at meal times and giving them something like the pizza crust to chew on. Gets them used to eating as a family and it's easier to introduce table manners when they are already aware of how to behave during a meal.
    Here I go again on my own....
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.