E Tyres

Options
2»

Comments

• ASHAL88
    ASHAL88 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Etyres really messed up my day!

I had booked to have a mobile fitting done this morning having booked it a day ago or two.

On the surface of it the company is brillant. Quick to reply with confirmation and helpful information about what i needed to do to prepare for the fitting.

On the day the guys from head office call up to tell me that the pirrelis i wanted are not in stock and i have to go for some bridgestones for extra money. I thought this was a bit of a massive over sight that their email failed to note. Then i get toldi will be getting a call from head office instead one of their local dealers calls me telling me to again look at my tyres.

He didnt even have anything in stock gave him an hour but nothing, called head office and they said that the bridgestones were also out of stock (could have told me earlier). He offered me a refund but thats no use now.

Nice one etyres!

Thank you for wasting my time.

Wont be using you again in a hurry
  • mynarrowboat
    Options
    ASHAL88 wrote: »
    Nice one etyres! Thank you for wasting my time.Wont be using you again in a hurry
    I’ve used them three times. This time (Sept 2011) I paid for Medium Grade tyres… What they fitted was a budget tyre. When I complained that the tyre (Fullrun) had a bad reputation for tyre safety and was not medium range, they said that they had no problems with them and they had the tyre in the medium range despite other garages having Fullrun in budget range. Fast forward two weeks and I find a split three inches long in the side wall. They tell me that I have to pay for a new tyre then they will send off to the manufacturer for investigation and if they find a manufacturing fault I would get a refund. I was obviously not happy and reluctantly paid but said It's against the ACT to push it to the manufacturer. I have now explained this to five different staff that this is not how the Sale of Goods Act 1979 works and the deal is between me and eTyres, not the manufacturer. The fault happened within 200 miles on good roads / motorway - using the tyres for their intended purpose. Each time they repeat their position and pass the buck to the manafacturer to resolve then stop communicating. Just now been told by their supervisor that they cannot go giving refunds as its not good for business if after six weeks it's not their fault (implying it's mine). I asked how many of these xrays do they have the manufacturer perform and was told 2-3 tyres a month. So we are not a problem worth their attention to keep satisfied. :( Poor company service when things go wrong - As soon as I raised the initial problem they said it was most likely a pothole (Which I said it was not - it appears to be their get-out clause) and I'm quite sure I've not been deep pothole roaming, so I'm sure they don't intend to refund me. I'm stuck now what to do. They have my £80 and it seems are not interested in what the S.O.G.A. has to say. At least I can save someone else the money by sharing my story. October 2011.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,950 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry, you are wrong re SOGA. They are dealing with the problem by having an expert, the manufacturer, inspect the goods as they are entitled to do under SOGA.
  • mynarrowboat
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    Sorry, you are wrong re SOGA. They are dealing with the problem by having an expert, the manufacturer, inspect the goods as they are entitled to do under SOGA.
    OK If you like to provide the reference in the SOGA where this is stated?

If you can explain this part "Goods are of satisfactory quality if they reach the standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory, taking into account the price and any description.

• Aspects of quality include fitness for purpose, freedom from minor defects, appearance and finish, durability and safety.

• It is the seller, not the manufacturer, who is responsible if goods do not conform to contract.

• If goods do not conform to contract at the time of sale, purchasers can request their money back "within a reasonable time". (This is not defined and will depend on circumstances)"

Even MSE State it clearly "Know who's responsible
    When returning items, beware shops trying the oldest trick in the book: saying they're not responsible for the shoddy goods, you must contact the manufacturer. This is total nonsense!"
    This can be found here moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange#law.
    So I believe it is you who is mistaken. It is a contract between the supplier who sold the goods and the consumer.

Taken from the Berr.gov.uk site "Q6. Is it true that I have to complain to the manufacturer?
    No. You bought the goods from the trader, not the manufacturer, and the trader is liable for any breaches of contract..."

Consumer Direct agree with me and have passed my file to Trading Standards.
  • Leory
    Leory Posts: 386 Forumite
    Options
    I will need new tyres soon, so looked on the site after seeing this thread......not cheap is it!

£57 fitted for a budget 15" tyre is a lot more expensive than I would have paid in a garage
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,950 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 November 2011 at 12:08PM
    Options
    OK If you like to provide the reference in the SOGA where this is stated?

If you can explain this part "Goods are of satisfactory quality if they reach the standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory, taking into account the price and any description. correct

• Aspects of quality include fitness for purpose, freedom from minor defects, appearance and finish, durability and safety. correct

• It is the seller, not the manufacturer, who is responsible if goods do not conform to contract. correct

• If goods do not conform to contract at the time of sale, purchasers can request their money back "within a reasonable time". (This is not defined and will depend on circumstances)" correct

Even MSE State it clearly "Know who's responsible
    When returning items, beware shops trying the oldest trick in the book: saying they're not responsible for the shoddy goods, you must contact the manufacturer. This is total nonsense!"
    This can be found here moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange#law.
    So I believe it is you who is mistaken. It is a contract between the supplier who sold the goods and the consumer. where have I stated otherwise, where have you stated they have asked you to deal with the manufacturer.

Taken from the Berr.gov.uk site "Q6. Is it true that I have to complain to the manufacturer?
    No. You bought the goods from the trader, not the manufacturer, and the trader is liable for any breaches of contract..." as above

Consumer Direct agree with me and have passed my file to Trading Standards.
    They are not "pushing it on to the manufacturer", they are asking their expert and agent, who happens to be the manufacturer, for their opinion on the fault and the retailer will refund if the fault is found to be in the manufacturing. They must prove that the item is not inherently faulty or not of satisfactory quality and you must give them the opportunity to do so.

but

I agree you have received poor customer service from them and now the timeframe involved to reach a resolution is taking the !!!!
  • Mark_Hewitt
    Options
    Finally worked out what tyres I wanted and rang up etyres ready to spend over £600 with them - "Oh sorry our fitters in Chester-le-Street aren't working tomorrow". Goodbye.

Nice :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport