E Tyres

Options
I ordered a couple of tyres from E Tyres at 10.07 am today, i put a note on my order that i must have them fitted this week as i was going away on friday.
A mobile fitter called me at lunchtime and arranged to come at 3.00 this afternoon, he arrived at 3.05 and job was complete by 3.30pm.

:beer:
Footnote : I always use these online mobile fitting services and they always work out cheaper. Best of all it saves the journey to tyre depots that seem to be mostly staffed by neanderthals.
I did actually phone a local place to get a comparison and after explaining what i wanted the resonse was 'yu wa?' which i think was meant to be 'sorry i didnt quite catch all the details etc' I simply said forget it and put the phone down.:cool:
WHOOOOSHHHHHHHHH……..
Blimey what was that ?
That was your life mate
Oh I wasn’t quite ready can I have another go ?
Sorry mate only one per person.

Comments

• hm2be
    hm2be Posts: 149 Forumite
    Options
    I made an order with Mytyres which they said would take 5-7 working days. and fair enough it did come in that time frame. However, as I ordered them on my boyfriends behalf- in the meantime he realised they were the wrong tyres (even though I told him to double check) So sent an email n they told me to reject tyres. Which we did. Fine, good service up to this point.

Then they told us they couldnt simply send out the right size tyres instead but we would have to reorder. Well I wasnt going to give them 2 amounts of money (just incase). So I was told to wait for my refund and then reorder. So I began to wait..... and wait.... and still waiting.

This is nearly two weeks, about 5 phonecalls and different stories every time about where my money is.
    1st time: We are waiting for the tyres to return to depot (ok, reasonable explanation)
    2nd time: We have recieved tyres and you shoud get your money first thing
    3rd time: We are waiting for tyres to be returned (already said they were back)
    4th time: We cant refund you on the card you used to purchase (so they can take money from it but not refund it??!). 3 of these phonecalls with a girl who spoke very broken english.

Anyway you may wonder what this has to do with E tyres but on reading the above thread and desperatley needing new tyres (boyfriends driving roud on tyres that are frreankly dangerous)- I decided to visit their website. Found they were slightly more expensive but could deliver next day. I thought I might give them a go. When I realised they could fit them as well, at my house, and fitting was included in the price, well I thought 'have to give them a go'. Result!!! They came yesterday (the day after ordering) and fitted the tyres. Trouble free service.

Know who I will be using in future! Couldnt recommend them enough.

Thanks to previous poster.
  • klondyke
    klondyke Posts: 463 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, they are great - I don't drive, but daughter tried them out couple of years ago and couldn't praise them enough. Since then Mr K has used them - service still impeccable!
  • isayoldchap
    isayoldchap Posts: 1,262 Forumite
    Options
    I ordered a couple of tyres from E Tyres at 10.07 am today, i put a note on my order that i must have them fitted this week as i was going away on friday.
    A mobile fitter called me at lunchtime and arranged to come at 3.00 this afternoon, he arrived at 3.05 and job was complete by 3.30pm.

:beer:
    Footnote : I always use these online mobile fitting services and they always work out cheaper. Best of all it saves the journey to tyre depots that seem to be mostly staffed by neanderthals.
    I did actually phone a local place to get a comparison and after explaining what i wanted the resonse was 'yu wa?' which i think was meant to be 'sorry i didnt quite catch all the details etc' I simply said forget it and put the phone down.:cool:

Wolvesinwales
    Also found etyres to be good.Recently ordered from www.blackcircles.com
    again with the £5 off yellow pages voucher(you may also get a loyalty voucher on line if you have ordered before.Remember their local number is listed on www.saynoto0870.com
  • wolvesinwales
    wolvesinwales Posts: 2,255 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wolvesinwales
    Also found etyres to be good.Recently ordered from www.blackcircles.com
    again with the £5 off yellow pages voucher(you may also get a loyalty voucher on line if you have ordered before.Remember their local number is listed on www.saynoto0870.com

I used to use Blackcircles but had problems with them when i ordered tyres for mail order rather than fully fitted, my mistake i know, but they quoted an additional £13.50 per tyre for fitting so i got them fitted locally for £5 and have not been back to Blackcircles since.
    WHOOOOSHHHHHHHHH……..
    Blimey what was that ?
    That was your life mate
    Oh I wasn’t quite ready can I have another go ?
    Sorry mate only one per person.
  • golders
    golders Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    hello,

Yes I agree E-tyres are very good. I ordered mine on the Friday via the net, paid via the net and the chap came at 9.05am on Saturday moring. Excellent service and my Toyo Proxes TR-1 tyres are amazing. I am using them again for the rear tyres this week too. For my 195/50/15 V size E-Tyres quote £47 delivered & fitted, where as I was looking at paying £77+ a tyre at the local Kwik fit / ATS outlets.

https://www.e-tyres.co.uk
  • smcaul
    smcaul Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    Options
    Just had 2 tyres fitted by etyres - excellent service, ordered yesterday morning, £29 cheaper per tyre then the fast fit places, fitter arrived at 9.25 this morning, very polite and pleasant, was gone by 9.45. Would have taken at least 45 minutes to an hour in a fast fit centre and I would have had to wait in an uncomfortable waiting room. Highly recommend them, will be using them again.
  • smcaul
    smcaul Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    Options
    Well, just had 2 more fitted by them, turned up at 9.30 was done by 9.50 - faultless serivce again - would never go back to having to sit in a draughty little room on uncomfortable chairs for an hour whilst watching a 12 year old struggle with a set of wheel nuts, not when you can sit at home/work and get tem same thing done cheaper.
  • naughty_10382
    Options
    Had 2 new tyres fitted on Saturday morning by etyres, they were absolutely fantastic, very quick (25 mins I think) and the tyres are great. :T
    Blood donations to date: 10 | Type: O negative[/B][/CENTER]
  • NMarshall_2
    Options
    Have to agree with the previous comments - the way etyres works is fantastic....lowest price locally and they bring the tyres to you and fit them on your drive. Just a great service!

www.etyres.co.uk
  • redmike123
    redmike123 Posts: 247 Forumite
    Options
    I have just had 2 front tyres fitted at Kwikfit and paid a shedload for them.

The reason that they needed replacement was the front tracking alignment was out of true and the tyres had scrubbed on the outside.

Do E tyres check and adjust tracking when they fit new tyres?

The Kwikfit chap reckoned that speedhumps and potholes cause major problems with most cars tracking, causing serious tyre erosion over a fiarly short period of time.

I would be concerned that if E tyres do not relalign the tracking, any savings made in the cost of the new tyres could be wasted as they perhaps will not last very long.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure