SKY Talk Unlimited 24/7 Calls to 01/02 numbers £5 a month.

Options
Exclusive to SKY TV Subscribers.

Full details now available here

http://www.sky.com/skycom/article/0,,90150-1228087,00.html

£5 is equilavent to 166 calls on 1899 a month,and of course you dont pay 1899 if you dont use it.

Its ideal for those calling landlines more than approx 7 times during mid-week daytimes.Or if you cant be bothered with short codes.
PF.

Comments

• mobilegossip
    mobilegossip Posts: 1,163 Forumite
    Options
    I notice their is no tariff info for mobile,intl,and ngn rates.
  • ministox5
    ministox5 Posts: 94 Forumite
    Options
    hi, recieved my letter off sky today i am really interested in taking out the sky talk at 5 pounds a month i am currently with talk talk i believe you still pay bt for line rental on this deal does any body know if i could take out this deal and still pay talk talk line rental. thanks:confused:
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I notice their is no tariff info for mobile,intl,and ngn rates.
    I can't see any mention of NGN charges either but MSE advice for CPS users is to prefix such calls with 1280 to send them via BT (or use the MSE UK Callchecker to possibly find a cheaper route). However, Sky's website does (although not very transparently) covers the cost of mobile and international calls:
    All mobile and international calls 5% lower than BT Together Option 1 rates
    ministox5 wrote:
    hi, recieved my letter off sky today i am really interested in taking out the sky talk at 5 pounds a month i am currently with talk talk i believe you still pay bt for line rental on this deal does any body know if i could take out this deal and still pay talk talk line rental. thanks:confused:
    No, you can only use a CPS provider if you pay line rental to BT.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • mobilegossip
    Options
    ministox5 wrote:

If you havent got TT BB this may be a better bet.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1095003038,99872,#alone

TT and BT Line rental are now both £11 a month and BT give you free caller display.
  • Money_Saver
    Money_Saver Posts: 364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    BT give you free caller display.
    Do you still have to make one call a month via BT to get the free caller display? Currently CPS with talktalk
    Regards,

Money Saver

• mobilegossip
    Options
    Do you still have to make one call a month via BT to get the free caller display? Currently CPS with talktalk

Technically yes but i have heard of them enforcing it.

The odd 0800 or NGN call via the 1280 will suffice.
  • rik_t
    rik_t Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I am thinking of moving from my BT Option 1 to the Sky Talk package. From what I understand all I will pay is the BT line rental and the Sky £5 fee to get free landline calls. I already have Sky TV, Sky credit card and soon to get the free sky broadband (when its available) so why not change the phone too?

anyone got any thoughts?

Rik
  • creddish
    creddish Posts: 229 Forumite
    Options
    rik_t wrote:
    Hi,

I am thinking of moving from my BT Option 1 to the Sky Talk package. From what I understand all I will pay is the BT line rental and the Sky £5 fee to get free landline calls. I already have Sky TV, Sky credit card and soon to get the free sky broadband (when its available) so why not change the phone too?

anyone got any thoughts?

Rik
    It depends on how many and what type of calls you make and when you make them. For example in our household the majority of calls are during the daytime to friends and family who like ourselves use Talk Talk CPS service which offers free calls 24/7 to other TT Users. We use 1899 or 18185 for most other calls so our total call charges are less than £1 per month which on BT Option 1 would be at least 10 times that amount. For someone who cannot make big savings on the TT free calls then the recommendations in the following MSE article are likely to be a good bet:-
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1095003038,99872,

Colin
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    rik_t wrote:
    Hi,

anyone got any thoughts?

Rik
    If you sign up for the Sky Talk package, you will NOT 'move' from the BT Together Option 1 package - you will just not use it.

Sky Talk is just another (but very cheap) Carrier PreSelect (CPS) service - which means your OUTGOING calls are routed via the CPS unless you use a prefix code (like 1280 for BT) to force an individual call out via another provider.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Mr_Mister
    Mr_Mister Posts: 446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This Sky Talk sounds like a good deal. Talk Talk will def reduce their broadband and talk plans soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure