Making cards - Ideas for beginners (part 4)

Options

Comments

• Hassy
    Hassy Posts: 308 Forumite
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies.. wow, it's a scorcher.. :)

Been to opticians, I will be the proud owner of 4 pairs of glasses.. buy one get one free, so I have sunglasses for reading and distance and normal lenses in the same.. surprisingly my distance hasn't changed in about 4 years, but my reading has changed quite a lot.. once I pick my glasses up next week there will be no excuse for wonky cards... :D

Gemm sending you a pm.. :)
    Oap I am so glad your results were diverticulitis, that must be a really big relief.. brill that you got the results on the same day.. Take it easy... crafting springs to mind ;)
    Giggle Your grandson looks adorable... sweet... hope he does manage to get home today..

Right, I am going to mess up my nice tidy room now.. but remember to put stuff away.. wonder how long that will last?... :think:
    Oh going to see Sex in the city tonight.. anyone been yet?
    Self imposed crafty stash ban: started again 22/8/10 1 whole month stash free!
    I must not buy stash, I must not buy stash, I must not buy stash! :o
  • pointofnoreturn
    pointofnoreturn Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    Options
    Hassy - I am going out in a while to see where I can get the cheapest eye test done. They are quite expensive aren't they!! I only want a pair of sunglasses but Boots insist on having a very recent prescription!!

My sister saw SITC and she said it was good.
    The E-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.
  • lei_armstrong
    lei_armstrong Posts: 391 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy Birthday Louby-Lou-Lou! x

Gemma sorry to hear you're having such a bad time at work currently. Do you have any annual leave left so you could have a few days off just to get away from it all? Are there any similar jobs going locally you could apply to? x
    Right off to do some stamping today.. If anyone is still waiting for things off me can they PLEASE send me a PM.. Ive lost my little book that i write everything in :o. I know i have some to do for wifey but past then i just cant remember x

Choccy I think you were stamping me some Tildas, etc - thank you (i'll PM you) x

CraftyJuJu have you received your birthday card? Sorry it's so late x

Glittermum thanks for the heads up about your sewing machine from Dunelm Mill - i'm going to have a look at the weekend x
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Options
    :j Happy Birthday :j Louby-Lou-Lou, hope you have a great day :beer: x

Rusty - Keep an eye out for Postie tomo (fingers crossed) I've sent Maddy alittle present for her birthday (sos its late) it was one of those things you see & just have to get cos you know they'll like it :D Theres also a little something in there for you too :D
    The bracelet, did it not spring back? Emilys pulled one before but I managed to get it to spring back :o

I think it just needs a bit of manipulation but didn't want to put too much pressure on it, its kind of a stretched oval shape, I will try and persuade it to go round again though, should be strong enough. Just that she cried bless her!
    Thankyou in advance for post!! :j

Thewife - Thankyou for my parcel, I loooooooove house mouses!! :j sent you a PM.

Flourgirl - not sure if you got my email to say thankyou?

My lilli of the valley stamps came today :j so I have lots of goodies, I have also recieved some handmade cards, I know they are handmade cause they are chunky but I haven't opened them as its not my birthday and I want to open them then ... so thankyou to those who have sent them :eek: I will thank again on my birthday when I know who they are from!!

There was something else I wanted to say but now can't remember!!

Right off to see if I can make a card or 2! have a nice afternoon all :j
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • Addams
    Addams Posts: 881 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Depends on if you just want to do dry embossing which is with things like embossing folders which can be used in a die cut machine, or there is wet embossing which is where you use a glue pad (clear) and use embossing powders on top then use a heat gun over the top of it to give a raised effect. A good example of dry embossing can be found here and wet embossing is here

The links explain it much better than I do! :)

That makes alot more sense, thanks. The wet embossing looks great, but I need to get so, I will give dry embossing a go to start and progress to wet embossing.
    Thanks again
    May - £251.63/£155, June - £108.69/£150, July - £157.45/£155, Aug - £104.28/£155
    Sept - £110.80/£150, Make £5 a day in Oct challenge = £50.50/£155
  • Addams
    Addams Posts: 881 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    OAP1945 wrote: »
    Hello all

Happy Birthday Louby Loo
    Congrats granny giggle the baby looks so huggable

Not been around for a few days as was getting ready for my hospital appointment (pixilax and sitting anywhere but the loo not possible) anyway I had the procedure on Tuesday, it was not pleasant but as I was a day patient I got the results the same day and its only diverticulitus YIPPEE we had feared a lot worse:):)

Addams - if you want to try dry embossing I can pass on my first embossing tool set. its a fiskas shape boss and has quite a few patterns. it has been sat gathering dust since I bought my cuttlebug. If you want it just pm me you address

That would be great thanks.
    I have pm'd my address.
    May - £251.63/£155, June - £108.69/£150, July - £157.45/£155, Aug - £104.28/£155
    Sept - £110.80/£150, Make £5 a day in Oct challenge = £50.50/£155
  • Crafty_JuJu
    Crafty_JuJu Posts: 703 Forumite
    edited 3 June 2010 at 3:05PM
    Options
    Quickie time....Want to say 'Thankyou' to Bunbun, Glittermum, Jo, Lei-armstrong & OAP194 for the gorgeous Birthday cards I have received over the last couple of days :D I have just blogged them :D

Bunbun - thankyou for the little gift too, how did you make the box? Its very sweet :)

Lei-armstronge - I love the stamp you use on the back of your card, the 'Handmade by' one, hope you don't in me asking but where did you get that from, its fab :)

Rusty - Thats ok, I know (especially after this week :D) how nice it is to recieve something in the post for yourself other than a bill :p Poor maddison over the bracelet, she really does love it, hope you manage to reshape it ok :o

I feel really eeerrrrr :( today, kiddies are off this week & have decided to have colds & now I have it...eeeerrrrr.....got work tonight so will be fun trying not to sneeze on anyone or anything!
    :wave:Hi, I have a passion for crafting.......I'm always up to something :rotfl::rotfl:

:j I have found the key to weight loss.....ZUMBA :j
  • flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations to the Giggle family xx Fab photo's of baby giggles.

Its really warm here today, why oh why did I promise to cook full chicken dinner for everyone tonight!!

Gorgeous cards Rusty. I did get your email thankyouI just haven't had the time to reply. sorry xx

Marg Sorry to hear your hubby couldn't do his flight, better to be safe though. My DH has just had his medical :eek: and is in the process of re-newing his license :eek: I think he will owe me some serious stash after this :rotfl:

We thought about going away for a couple of days while the weather is good but my Dad has just found out he has another skin cancer on his face :( so he is having it removed next week, and I need to take him to the hospital and make sure he is ok before we go anywhere.
  • Mad-Frog
    Mad-Frog Posts: 936 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon everyone hope you are all enjoying the sunshine, have finished a couple of cards so will pop them on my blog. Popped into Dunelm and bought DCWV Nursery boy and girl which is lovely, and a couple of chepie stamps but am unsure of them now.

Happy Birthday Louby Lou

Gemma Did you go and ask your HR to reduce your hours?, do you have occupational health that you could seek advice from?

Giggle congratulations on your grandson

Rusty I love that card, am tempted to get some more house mouse stamps.
  • paddingtondoo
    paddingtondoo Posts: 3,392 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon - back from work at least I can work from home tomorrow and it's my short day :)

Gemma I only got any recognition of my stress problems when I went into her office and promptly burst into tears :o - as Hassy said can you go to occ health? My friend went and recommended that her hours were reduced to aid her work life balance. If not does your dr's have a counselling service maybe you've grown out of your meds and they need reviewing:)

Rusty I can't afford a new car ATM and OH has a company one Peugeot 407 but it's kind of free if you ignore the hammering his tax code takes :rotfl:
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport