edited 28 February 2010 at 10:01PM in Old Style MoneySaving
998 replies 74.1K views

Replies

• Snow_AngelSnow_Angel Forumite
    663 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    MrsSnowy wrote: »
    The recipe on 1st page(under heading Bread),will save a few more cals as there is no fat :) ,unless you can't resist #obbing butter on

Bara brith without butter just isn't right!!! I think I'll add a Welsh cakes recipe and get that on the recipe page :D

Snow Angel, Caerdydd
  • Snow_Angel wrote: »
    Bara brith without butter just isn't right!!! I think I'll add a Welsh cakes recipe and get that on the recipe page :D

Snow Angel, Caerdydd

Ah but there are so many versions of Welsh cakes some are too dry.......:D some handed down from great great granny through family....hehehe
    It took me about 6 different versions to get right for my family taste.

But you are right about bara brith

Thanks nice to see recipe on first page
    Weight loss challenge 66lb to go /59lb's lost

Grocery Budget January £150/£175
    Feb £150/
  • pammyj74pammyj74 Forumite
    3.3K posts
    spent another £20.30 today, but boy the walking to the supermarket and carrying the REALLY heavy bag home was absolute torture, I think i need to get the heavy stuff when I am passing the supermarket in the car!
    MPs left feb '08 276- Dec 13 36 :T MB Jan 10 ~ £82,377 Dec 13 ~ £29987
    EMFD was Feb 32 :eek: NOW Dec 2013 its Dec 2016
    MF new target Dec 16 REACHED!! :j
  • jintybjintyb Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all
    Does anyone know of cheap sugar anywhere? Only got 1 bag left as I made 15 large pots of Misers Marmalade yesterday,for coffee morning next w/e.All labelled and got pretty frilly hats on,and nice green string-adds 2p to asking price.

The cheapest I can find is Poundstretcher/ Instore at 79p for 1kg . If anyone knows cheaper let me know too! Marmalade sounds yummy, I love it!

you will always be rich enough to be generous.
  • franby64franby64 Forumite
    937 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all

I have spent about £45 over the weekend, mainly on Sunday as I didn't want to cook on Mothers day. This was a bit daft really but no regrets eh!
    I bought a load of buffet type stuff for dinner and we had a Chinese for tea (yes another takeaway - really no more this month now!)

Now I've only got £100ish left for the month which I make as about £5.88 a day and I've spent 76% of the budget - this feels like familiar territory.

On the bright side I'm not spending anything today as we've got enough to last 'til tomorrow and T*sco have sent me a £6 online voucher as their website messed up my last delivery.
    The second half of March is going to be fun - does anybody know how to live on fresh air?!
    May Shopping Challenge. 10/5. Budget £310 Spent £118.25.. £191.75 left. So £9.13 a day.
  • JayJay14JayJay14 Forumite
    1.9K posts
    ✭✭✭
    jintyb wrote: »
    Hi all
    Does anyone know of cheap sugar anywhere? Only got 1 bag left as I made 15 large pots of Misers Marmalade yesterday,for coffee morning next w/e.All labelled and got pretty frilly hats on,and nice green string-adds 2p to asking price.

The cheapest I can find is Poundstretcher/ Instore at 79p for 1kg . If anyone knows cheaper let me know too! Marmalade sounds yummy, I love it!

Poundland do a 1 1/2 kilo bag for the obvious £1 - it works out at 67p a kg
  • hilly123hilly123 Forumite
    25 posts
    way way way over budget so far! Only goos thing is freezer is stocked and we are away for a few days so hopefully (crossing fingers) we may be able to just do it especially if I don't send DH to supermarket again!:)
    £460/2000 mortg overpayment
  • I did manage another NSD yesterday as the Banana Loaf turned out well even though it was made with sweetener instead of sugar. Today I'll need to buy milk as it's going to run out and the Mr S delivery isn't until tomorrow. I'm too addicted to coffee to go without!

Lunch will be Sweet Potato Soup with a slice of bread and dinner is Chicken Curry with rice and veg.

See you all tomorrow!

Laura
    Household: Laura + William-cat
    Not Buying It in 2015
  • 45% of month gone and 65% of budget spent, ignored my £40 a week limit to my peril! (but had a fab day out/meal out which i really enjoyed so life is being lived...).

Made a plan of how much i can spend on challenge in order to come in on target this time, haven't done yet on any challenge so fingers and all crossed.
    nov grocery challenge, £.227.69/300, 9/25 nsd: , 7 Cmo, 10 egm.
    Me, 10 yo dd, and the dog. all food and drinks, in and out, plus household shopping.
  • KornishkatKornishkat Forumite
    83 posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Spent another £59.60 today on Mr T delivery, signature updated accordingly. Bit annoyed as there were 4 things I was sure I clicked and in fact I mustn't have :( thrown my meal planning out a bit unless I go to a store & buy the stuff that I obviously didn't order hmmph!!
    Back on the money saving wagon again!