Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

March 2010 Grocery Challenge - Page 52

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

March 2010 Grocery Challenge

edited 28 February 2010 at 9:01PM in Old Style MoneySaving
998 replies 74.1K views

Replies

• becky170becky170 Forumite
    660 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    I've spent about £10 on buying lunch at work this week :( I'm hanging my head in shame. On the plus side I got to go out for a lovely meal last night which work paid for!
    MFW 2020 #7 £3091/£3000
  • have already spent £177 this month. Made some cookies last weekend that everyone enjoyed so might do that again this weekend. We have no real meals in the house just a lot of bits and pieces so will need to go to the shops soon. Ive found out that my local coop seems to reduce loads of food at about 730 in the evening so Ive popped in there a couple of times this week and stocked the freezer with bread and rolls.
    we did however get a takeaway on thurs cos son got AS results and did really well and thats what he wanted to do.
    Grocery Challenge Feb 16 £346 /400
  • BigMummaFBigMummaF Forumite
    4.3K posts
    Sunnyday wrote: »
    Breadmaker - I have had a panasonic SD254 for the last 2 and a half years and wouldn`t be without it. I had a cheaper one before which was awful and i freecycled that one. The SD254 is expensive but is on offer at Amazon at the mo. I love it to bits and its paid for itself many times over, i also paid about the same price as its on offer for now and the only thing i`ve had to do is buy a new paddle. I use it for loaves (french and 50% wholemeal are awesome) and pizza dough as well as fruit loaf for toast for breakfast and the sun dried tomato and parmesan recipe in the booklet is stunning. Hope this helps peeps out who were asking. There is a thread somewhere on breadmakers - in fact more than one somewhere....
    EDIT Alidads you beat me to it, the 254 is identical to the 255 but without the raisin dispenser. I just wait for it to beep and throw the raisins in.
    I have a pannie 254 too & would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone :D It gets a fair bit of use, with four adults in the house & at least one of us takes sandwiches every day! One of the Pannie Fan Clubs is HERE if you'd like to have a squizz...
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• Just an update. Now up to £218 pounds out of my £300 budget.... Should only need to buy stuff for the last week as I've loads in for this week. Cutting it close though....

BM
  • KadeeaeKadeeae Forumite
    652 posts
    Had already updated the sig, but wanted to get in for a short post....I find it helps to keep me in line :D

Spent more than intended on an online Asda shop, but the extras are items that are on special at a much better price than I would normally pay and can be stored, nothing that wasn't either freezeable or a paper/cleaning/h&b product. Sooo.... that was £61. Don't remember the change but did use the exact amount for updating the sig :)

I am really trying to see which supermarket consistently has the lowest prices on the most things that I buy.

Need to have a read through the thread a bit better, always find inspiration when I do! Hope everyone is doing well!
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • edited 13 March 2010 at 5:07PM
    BluefireBluefire Forumite
    476 posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 13 March 2010 at 5:07PM
    £1 on grapes down at our new local market today. Should keep the OH, otherwise known as the 'grape monster' happy for a while! We got a couple of free cans of beans too after OH ran into his sister at the supermarket - she let him chuck them in with her shopping!
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]08/13 £28,896.49[/STRIKE] 01/18 £0
  • Amother little spend today of £2.78 on a Co Op Elmwood chicken. I was planning to do some more baking today but am feeling so tired and lazy, it may well not happen but I do have quite a bit of baking stuff in the cupboards so should try and use it up rather than buying cakes or biscuits.
    Grocery aim £450pm.Spent £519 August, £584 July, £544 June, £541 May, £549 April, £517 March, £517 Feb,£555 Jan, £573 Dec, £465Nov, £561Oct, £493Sept, £426Aug,£496 Jul, £528Jun, £506May,£498April, £558 March, £500Feb, £500 Jan, £490 Dec, £555 Nov,£566 Oct, £505Sept, £450Aug, £410 July, £437 June, £491 May, £471 April, £440 March, £552Feb, £462Jan
  • JayJay14JayJay14 Forumite
    1.9K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Bluefire wrote: »
    £1 on grapes down at our new local market today. Should keep the OH, otherwise known as the 'grape monster' happy for a while!

Reminds me of a time when a friend had a grape vine. I went to visit her and she gave me 1 1/2 lb to take home. OH had the bowl by his chair and I asked him to pass me some - I got a bowl of stalks:eek: He didn't even remember eating them, and I never got to taste one.
  • Fi27Fi27 Forumite
    155 posts
    Spent £31.45 in T's yesterday, £5 in the coop and £6.35 in my local butcher. The coop had 9 loo rolls for £2.09 which is a bargain and their chickens are half price just now. I find their chicken very tasty and although not FR they are 'happier' chickens just like the M&S oakham ones.
    May GC Budget £200 spent
    Apr GC Budget £225 spent £258.32 Mar GC Budget £200 Spent £206.31
    Feb GC Budget £175 spent £210.23 Jan GC Budget £200 Spent £178.91
    For 2 adults :heartsmil
  • Keiss_21Keiss_21 Forumite
    2.7K posts
    A big spend day yesterday, but not on GC stuff...mainly pressies: birthday, Mothers' Day and "well-done", so not counted in this challenge.

Food-wise...spend a total of 79p on a tub of cherry tomatoes, though will will need to get more food next week (milk, F&V mainly).

I have been making an inventory of the freezers, fridge and cup-boards' contents this morning. I can then make meal plans for the rest of this month, as well as draw up a shopping list for the week to come. I am away next Thursday to Sunday, so need to make sure DH doesn't just "pop out for something"!

Have a frugal weekend everyone.

13 projects in 2013: 7/13
    Cross-stitch Club Member no 13
    Weight loss since 24/06/2012: 30lb