Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Just got back Mr A, spent £8.22 on:

Two packs of rolls
    Haslet/Beef/Ham
    Spicy cous cous pot
    Whoopsied Hot cross buns
    Salad stuff.

Not bad really and just about got everything for my mothers' day supper, hope parents like it! :j

I shall update my signature.
    Married: August 2013
    Moved into our Family Home: August 2013
    Our Baby Boy arrived August 2014 :j
  • Snow_AngelSnow_Angel Forumite
    663 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    looie wrote: »
    Hi all, teeny spend for me today. 65p for 4 pints of milk :D I got my mum some milk too but I've not included that as it wasn't for us.

Signature updated

Where did you get 4 pints of milk for 65p??
  • 46% of budget spent and 38% of g c month gone.

been out shopping without planning to entertain myself again :mad:

so tons of fruit and veg in and don't know when will use it...

made nigel slaters baked butternut squash tonight, nom nom, http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/stuffedsquash_92588.shtml.
    freezer full, leftovers in fridge from 3 meals, so current challenge to eat up whats there and not throw it out. Eating out saturday and sunday so it's leftovers for brekkie and tea methinks.

good luck everyone,

ooh - the gluten free cake recipe, i cannot see the book right now (live in alot of a muddle) but have a lush gluten free choc log that i make, with eggs, sugar, chocolate and brandy, then roll with double cream filling, it's a john tovey recipe from the 80's - a purple /burgundy book - the miller howe cookbook. does anyone else have the book to hand to pass the recipe on.. ..fingers crossed..
    nov grocery challenge, £.227.69/300, 9/25 nsd: , 7 Cmo, 10 egm.
    Me, 10 yo dd, and the dog. all food and drinks, in and out, plus household shopping.
  • edited 12 March 2010 at 11:18PM
    ragz_2ragz_2 Forumite
    3.2K posts
    edited 12 March 2010 at 11:18PM
    DH spent £4 in Lidl on a jar of sauce for dinner (he had to cook as I had a bug), treats for kids and Branston beans which cost £2 (I told him to buy them on offer at 89p, offer must have ended but he bought them anyway!!!!!!!!!!!).
    I spent £1 in superdrug on 4 cans of Tango (also £9 on mascara but different budget.)
    Apx 50% of budget gone 39% through the month (liking the % idea, had considered it before but couldn't be bothered so well done to whoever started that!).

It's possible, though could have done better. 3 main weekly shops to go...

ETA - I know everyone here usually stocks up on branded loo roll when on offer but I buy the Tesco Discount Brands Springforce one and find it to be fab quality (actually prefer it to the charmin we had last) and at 9 rolls for £1.99 it beats my 25p per roll max!
    Ragz is busy studying ;)
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • I am well over my budget of £50 but quite a lot of it is stuff that we would be using for the next 2-3 months so don't know how to divide it. I think from next month, I will do an yearly budget for 2010-11 financial year.

MQ
  • Will be doing lots of cooking tomorrow for the freezer and have to make Twink's hobnobs also.

Good luck everyone
  • MellydMellyd Forumite
    20 posts
    Hello - sorry I'm late joining this month but can you put me down for £400 for March please?
    Thanks
    Mellyd
    MFW 2010 No. 145 £449/600 :)
    Mortgage @ 1.4.10 £206,475.19:eek:
    Sealed Pot Challenge No. 908

Savings Challenge £0/£4500 :o
  • SunnydaySunnyday Forumite
    3.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just pulled out todays receipts and updated my siggy.

I still have another shop to do tomorrow and then that should last until next weekend so fingers crossed i`m still on track for this month :D

SD
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
  • I'm gracefully bowing out of this months grocery challenge, not because it's not possible but because we had a MAJOR rethink on how we budget monthly for all our out goings and have added a weekly aspect to it.
    It's complicated to explain but makes it easier for us but would bear no resemblance to the old budget or how we we account for groceries.
    So I will be back in for April but my grocery budget will be fluctuating month to month depending on how many weeks there are rater than days.
    If anyone does have that gluten free chocolate cake recipe with brandy it would be most appreciated even after mothers day it sounds yummy (brandy is my mums drink of choice too, which is great!)
    I'll keep posting and asking silly food questions, till then if that's ok?
    Grocery challenge Jan 270.27/200:eek:

Total debt 04/01/2011 £2671.23:eek:
  • edited 13 March 2010 at 8:43AM
    looielooie Forumite
    706 posts
    edited 13 March 2010 at 8:43AM
    Morning Snow Angel - I got it from Tesco Express. It is the Creamfields 0.75% fat.

Hope that helps

looie