We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
The search facility on here
Comments
-
How could you infer something from what you have written yourself?No, I mean infer:D. But this might be one of those days on MSE me thinks :eek:
infer verb
/ɪnˈfɜːr/
/-ˈfɝː/ v [T] (-rr-) formal
to form an opinion or guess that something is true because of the information that you have
What do you infer from her refusal?
[+ that] I inferred from her expression that she wanted to leave.
Poppy10 was right, you implied. I would have thought you'd have looked up the meaning before denying it - it's a fairly common misuse of the word, although I can see that it's rather irritating to have it pointed out!0 -
How could you infer something from what you have written yourself?
infer verb
/ɪnˈfɜːr/
/-ˈfɝː/ v [T] (-rr-) formal
to form an opinion or guess that something is true because of the information that you have
What do you infer from her refusal?
[+ that] I inferred from her expression that she wanted to leave.
Poppy10 was right, you implied. I would have thought you'd have looked up the meaning before denying it - it's a fairly common misuse of the word, although I can see that it's rather irritating to have it pointed out!
Oh yes, so irritating [rolleyes].0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards