Please advise - it's all gone SO wrong

Options

Comments

• SouthernBellE*
    Options
    hey guys its great to see so much interest here in the subject of cowboy builders. We really do need to create a change in our society that stops this stuff from happening. The story next week is just as bad as this week's. Please watch it and help me meet my mission to ensure that that particular cowboy is stopped from doing to other families what he did to us.

Hi Pebbythedog,

Will most definately watch the programme and support any ideas you have to stop this happening to anyone else, you need only to ask! ;)

Sorry you have also been a victim of a dodgy builder. :(

Confused as to whether or not next weeks show features your house or someone elses house was destroyed by the builder responsible for your problems, hope you come back with more info. :)
    PROUD MEMBER OF

MIKE'S :cool: MOB!
  • pebbythedog
    Options
    Hi Pebbythedog,

Sorry you have also been a victim of a dodgy builder. :(

Confused as to whether or not next weeks show features your house or someone elses house was destroyed by the builder responsible for your problems, hope you come back with more info. :)

both!
    My cowboy is responsible for a trail of destruction in our local area but yes, we're THE family featured next week. I'll be watching with the rest of you, full of trepidation. I have no good advice for solutions - we were saved by the programme - but I will campaign til I die to him and stop men like him from ruining people's lives.
  • pebbythedog
    Options
    Is next week's episode your story then?[/QUOTE]
    yes it is. and that of many other victims of this man. Thanks for your support and do enjoy the programme
  • lisawaters
    lisawaters Posts: 2,081 Forumite
    edited 15 April 2010 at 7:29PM
    Options
    That's fabulous! Can't wait to see it! We must talk sometime...

Mike

Now we all know what to ask potential MPs who knock on our doors in the next few weeks - Are you going to stop doing nothing about cowboy builders - yes or no?
  • Poosmate
    Poosmate Posts: 3,126 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, just doing my daily check in!

Pebby, so sorry to hear you've suffered at the hands of an unscrupulous builder. I really hope you get your justice.

Hope all are well. Been a busy day here so not stopping.

Good night all and sleep well.

Poo
    One of Mike's Mob, Street Found Money £1.66, Non Sealed Pot (5p,2p,1p)£6.82? (£0 banked), Online Opinions 5/50pts, Piggy points 15, Ipsos 3930pts (£25+), Valued Opinions £12.85, MutualPoints 1786, Slicethepie £0.12, Toluna 7870pts, DFD Computer says NO!
  • dancingfairy
    dancingfairy Posts: 9,069 Forumite
    Options
    Right. I'm back - I've been out of action recently - pyhsically and internet wise :( - did my back in moving and felt like I spent the begining part of the week in bed rattling full of ibuprofen/paracetamol. Internet has been reconnected today and it's my birthday :j.
    I've had a though - how about Tonight... on ITV? My theory was they could go for 1 of 3 angles - 1) about how mr dodgy builder had ripped you (and others off), 2) the courts / justice system and how it is not in your favour at all and the struggles you've had or 3) how this website has brought you so many supporters and how you've mobilised their support to organise a mass email campaign. Sadly a while ago (a month or 2) they did do a programme on the power of social networking sites etc.
    I think option 2 might be doable though - the idea would be a) to raise your profile and b) to make people aware of Mr Bridle (and others) and to hopefully stop other people being taken in as well. O.k it won't solve your problem directly but might get people on board with help etc?
    Also - Martin has a link to Tonight as he is their Money guru I believe so it shouldn't cause any issues for you to be on that programme.
    df
    Making my money go further with MSE :j
    How much can I save in 2012 challenge
    75/1200 :eek:
  • lisawaters
    Options
    Right. I'm back - I've been out of action recently - pyhsically and internet wise :( - did my back in moving and felt like I spent the begining part of the week in bed rattling full of ibuprofen/paracetamol. Internet has been reconnected today and it's my birthday :j.
    I've had a though - how about Tonight... on ITV? My theory was they could go for 1 of 3 angles - 1) about how mr dodgy builder had ripped you (and others off), 2) the courts / justice system and how it is not in your favour at all and the struggles you've had or 3) how this website has brought you so many supporters and how you've mobilised their support to organise a mass email campaign. Sadly a while ago (a month or 2) they did do a programme on the power of social networking sites etc.
    I think option 2 might be doable though - the idea would be a) to raise your profile and b) to make people aware of Mr Bridle (and others) and to hopefully stop other people being taken in as well. O.k it won't solve your problem directly but might get people on board with help etc?
    Also - Martin has a link to Tonight as he is their Money guru I believe so it shouldn't cause any issues for you to be on that programme.
    df

Sorry about your back, but Happy Birthday anyway! Mine's on Thursday.

That's a good idea. My only concern - and I may be being over-sensitive - is that any coverage by another television programme will reduce the interest expressed by the programmes with which I am already discussing it. They deserve an exclusive: indeed some might pull out if it was covered elsewhere.

My plan would be to work with the press officer of the programme to obtain maximum awareness of the programme and the issue in the week that is is broadcast and not before.

I believe there would then be a clear run at exploring and reporting on the legal side of the issue which may have been only touched on in the makeover programme. And the Tonight programme would be one of the best to carry this.

We also need to be aware that at least one - and possibly more - members of this forum have had similar experiences to me. We know and are delighted to hear that one will be featured on Cowboy Builders next Thursday. I am sure nobody would disagree that it makes sense to tie things together in a planned way to obtain the awareness we hope will result from the coverage we can all gain individually.

x

x
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You missed your calling Mike, you should have been a PR officer.

B
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • lisawaters
    Options
    Butti wrote: »
    You missed your calling Mike, you should have been a PR officer.

B

As it happens... I was something like that...

x
  • Happytogetdebtfree
    Options
    Ooh mike your like ne Hollywood lol this thing could go global :-) I like the guy mike holmes holmes on homes he's abit of a fiesty meat man he would deffo kick !!! :-)
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure