PC World Rentsmart conned me!!!

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• martingg
    Options
    We are also putting our hands up to being conned by PC World AKA the DRG Group. My wife purchased a lap top from PC World in Croydon (Puley Way) just over two years ago. We were doing our anual home budget review and found that 2 extra payments had been taken to Rentsmart. Looking into this we discovered that she had actually signed a rental agreement not a hire purchase agreement. Unsure were we stand as we have now paid 26 payments but my wife only signed a contract for 24 payments. We had no notification advising us that the hire agreement had finished giving options to keep or returns the laptop.
  • CNW
    CNW Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I bought a cheap Dell laptop at PC World Croydon through Rentsmart and have paid £24.67 for 46 months! they then wanted me to pay £84.00 too buy the laptop to end the agreement. I complained like hell and eventually paid £60.00 I feel stupid but at the time was desperate and broke....I do feel like I have been well and truly shafted and someone is living in a mansion and driving a Ferrari by taking advantage of people in a poor situation.
  • prometeo2008
    Options
    Not only in Spain but also in UK, companies deny customers the T&C of the contract before signing. It just happened to me with RENTSMART
  • prometeo2008
    Options
    Hi Maz, it would be very helpful for the rest of us if you could upload the T&C of the contract. You can delete all your personal info on it.
    Sincerely
  • thanny_ailyme
    Options
    Hi Everyone

I am in the same situation as everyone else. I was scammed by PC World, I went to buy a computer but they made me a renting contract. I want to know if someone has started to take legal action because I want to be part of the process. If someone has advice for me to close the contract, please leave me a message here. And I want to take them to court, if someone has a lawyer aswell please contact me. I think that it would be better if we all had the same lawyer because we are all in the same situation. I understand that the BBC started an investigation about this problem. I sent them a message last week but no reply yet.
  • DaveMee
    Options
    I'm so glad I've just seen this and I'm not the only one! I just realised a few days ago that I was still paying for my laptop for a few months over what the friendly pc world man had told me I would. He said it would be 18 months, so far it's been 22.

Luckily it is up in two months time, not so luckily it's cost me way over the odds and I don't even get to own it.

They've told me to ring back in two months time to cancel, or take out a new (probably more expensive lease) and keep this one; which I certainly won't be doing!

I feel so stupid and know I should've been more careful but the PC World man made it seem like such a great deal, he didn't ask me anything about business or personal use and probably went off the fact that I was buying Microsoft office too.

Although it is mainly my fault, but surely there's some kind of compensation for being mis-sold the sort of plan that wasn't right for me? I'm just glad I saw this, otherwise I would have been in for a big shock in October!
  • I have also been conned by the dixons group.
    They signed me up into 2 deals and sold a laptop that was worth half the price of value of credit.

I am being told after 2 years of 40 pound per month that I still owe the same full amount as I signed up two years ago.
    The instalments that I have paid were only accountable for loan's interest payments and no loan amount had been lowered after 24 months of payments.

I had no option but to pay it off using overdraft in account and now thinking where am I going next ?

They also added PPI as well on top without my knowledge.

And as well as insurance performance contact worth 29 per month for first 12 months of laptop purchase which seemed illogical due to 12 months suppose to be under warranty from Sony the laptop maunfactorer.
  • gratefulhead
    Options
    I am no longer running a business as a self-employed person. I would like to terminate the contract and return the laptop. Any advice?
  • Tallguy64
    Options
    after five years paid it off ..Cost me over £200 ..Don't care..I've escaped them. Never again!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure