Options

Comments

• tripod2000
    tripod2000 Posts: 58 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 February 2010 at 4:25PM
    Options
    http://www.wales.nhs.uk/sites3/docmetadata.cfm?orgid=501&id=63999

Initially I was a little offended that the NHS thought they needed to tell us how to go. However after buying a stool for £1.99 from IKEA I have to applaud them. I think if women knew how quickly and quietly they could evacuate with the use of a footstall then they might appear in work places across the UK.

Seriously try a stool when releasing a stool!

(Oh and also when pooing Ladies, just think about how you're getting paid to poop and getting free TP!)
  • debtinator_2
    Options
    I feel sorry for people who have this "problem" or is it a phobia?

There are places in the world where even privacy is not available, just a hole in the ground or the like.

Maybe it's a bloke thing, unfortunately for me I have had to poo in some very strange places in my life, no choice really.

This is one of those bodily functions we all have to complete on a regular basis

I suppose it's not the bowel which is at fault but the brain.
    A man in debt is so far a slave
  • flybynight
    Options
    try sleeping in an 8 man room, with the bog at the end......... after 24 hrs the room is just farts and socks........ and u alwasy end up on the bog while somebody else is in the shower area next to it......... i defy anybody to be self concious after a week or so. and if you want smelly u wanna try being the last lot using the turdis in the woods
    saving for more holidays
  • Ivrytwr3
    Ivrytwr3 Posts: 6,282 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Or on a herc aircraft! If you want a poo al you get is a shower curtain to pull around you. Also if the guys want a wee there is a funnel type thing near the front of the aircraft. I feel sorry fpr the people who sit near that as they have to:

a. Watch a guy pee from waist height

b. avoid splashback as the guy pee'ing is swaying to and fro with the aircraft movement.
  • elfen
    elfen Posts: 10,213 Forumite
    Options
    Oh, I'm used to pooing whilst out. TOTM I have to stay near a loo....bowel eruptions occur on a VERY frequent basis. I lso like to have reading material so I keep myself occupied whilst pooing, sometimes you can be in there a little while and I guess it's just habit. If I don't have a book maybe I'll be lucky and there's a bit of graffiti for me to read.
    ** Total debt: £6950.82 ± May NSDs 1/10 **
    ** Fat Bum Shrinking: -7/56lbs **
    **SPC 2012 #1498 -£152 and 1499 ***
    I do it all because I'm scared.
  • Ivrytwr3
    Ivrytwr3 Posts: 6,282 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    too much info. But thanks for sharing :(
  • greenie1
    Options
    If you have IBS or similar, holding it in (even if you could) won't do you any good and will smell more when it eventually does come out. Carry a small air freshener spray or box of matches in your bag for afterwards or even during and after. Few squares of loo paper laid flat in couple of criss cross layers first will deaden sound. If you think you'll be there a while then interim flush when main part over. Alternatively campaign for your employer to put a composting toilet on or around the premises. There's no water, so no sound, and if they're installed in hut outside with vent, then no smell either. Also remember, the more of us that do it, the more acceptable it will become. Why not make Monday 22nd Feb National poo at work day.
  • nodwah
    nodwah Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    Options
    I've been to an rspb place that had a composting toilet - the manger was extolling the virutes of it and declared that it didn't smell - well he was wrong! It stank to high heaven and it wasn't even a hot day!

I think they're a good idea for waste management but some work to do still maybe?
    Just call me Nodwah the thread killer
  • nzseries1
    nzseries1 Posts: 2,240 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone else fart while they're listening to their ipod and use the logic "well I can't hear it, so that must mean all the rest of the people around me can't hear it either!!" :D
    You're spelling is effecting me so much. Im trying not to be phased by it but your all making me loose my mind on mass!! My head is loosing it's hair. I'm going to take myself off the electoral role like I should of done ages ago and move to the Caribean. I already brought my plane ticket, all be it a refundable 1.
  • Ann1e
    Ann1e Posts: 216 Forumite
    Options
    OMG - me too! But it isn't just that I don't, I actually can't. When I go to stay with friends and relatives, at work, in a public loo and most annoying of all, at home when the OH is about. I get pains too, but I just can't go. Funnily enough, the OH does have something of the same problem, but at least he can go elsewhere. Why oh why are we so embarrassed about it? As I say, it really isn't that I hold it in (sorry) but my body/mind just won't let me go!

I think it may stem back many years to when my ex husband made some remark about hearing me when he was sitting in the back garden and the bathroom window was open. However, I do remember always having problems when staying at my Dad's. The really silly thing about it all is that I can talk about it - with almost anyone and everyone! And, it was always something of a standing joke at my Dad's house that I'd have to go out to the chemist and get 'something' for the problem!

Cognitive behavioural therapy is probably the only answer in my case!

Wish I had time to read all the posts right now - maybe in the school hols I'll get the chance.

I have been living with my OH for 7 years, and initially, when I was still selling my own house, I used to go over every day, take my daughter to school, then go to my nice, empty old house (it was on the market for some time) and have a dump!

I'm probably completely mad, but at least I seem to be in good company!
    Ooh, I've gotta little star! What's that for then?!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure