🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Notice to newcomers RE: Trolls part 2

Options

Comments

• philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i'm getting too old for all these changes :p:p
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • powned
    powned Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    I hate the trolls. I would post here 10 times more if they didnt.
    troll.jpg
  • philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dont let em get you down powned....if they stop you posting they've won
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • confused76
    confused76 Posts: 12,680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi powned don't let them put you off... x
  • solventsoon
    solventsoon Posts: 17,363 Forumite
    Options
    Hi powned
    Echoing what phil and confused have said - if you stop posting, they've won. Hang in there and ignore 'em - they're all sick individuals who need to get a life (sorry, probably set myself up for all sorts of abuse there but :p).

Quick BUMP....
    :) The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time :)
  • Doucam
    Doucam Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    Options
    The first bump of the day!!

Powned, I echo what the others say, don't let them get to you, I did and realise my mistake, it won't happen again.
  • solventsoon
    solventsoon Posts: 17,363 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone

Quick BUMP as we're heading down towards page 2 again..
    :) The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time :)
  • dollparts
    dollparts Posts: 1,256 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi all, I have been away for a while but popped in this morning and have seen this shiny new thread:D

On reading down the page I quickly realised that it was started not because of a techie reason but by a troll related matter.

Note the irony here?

Now, far be it from me to parachute in and give my tuppence worth (oh never would I);)

It's just sad to think that whilst I never expected things to change, they didn't change anyway and people are still potentially put off by gaining the advice they so critically need in a time of extreme difficulty.

Whilst you guys all work so hard to hammer down the hatchet and keep the cyber bullies at bay (and you all do so well) I cannot help thinking that one of these fine days someone in need of help will get caught up in the cross fire and go off and do something really awful because someone felt the need to stick the boot in.

I'm not trying to fan the flames here-it's a genuine concern and whilst it may seem extreme, I can first- hand say that I have experienced upset because some mother's son saw fit to criticise and judge from afar with no prior knowledge nor the common decency to sanitise their opinions of a comment that can only serve to rile, offend, embarass or belittle the intended target. Someone that may be top heavy on sensitivity or redirect focus in defending themselves instead of seeing to the matter in hand.

Who could truly blame them for that? It's human nature to defends oneself after all.

More importantly, it's harder to keep that stiff upper lip when everything else is falling down around you. That's the bit that worries me.

Sad but true.

I will make a concious effort to spend more time here, I feel the need to give back and whilst my time is short my memory is not. I have been helped a great deal and will make an effort to pass some of that on to others retracing my steps down the same difficult path.
    There used to be a street named after Chuck Norris, but it was changed because nobody crosses Chuck Norris and lives.
  • never-in-doubt
    Options
    dollparts wrote: »
    I will make a concious effort to spend more time here, I feel the need to give back and whilst my time is short my memory is not. I have been helped a great deal and will make an effort to pass some of that on to others retracing my steps down the same difficult path.

What an excellent post - totally agree with you (as will almost everyone else I presume) :T :T
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • Doucam
    Doucam Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    Options
    dollparts, I said to my dh that I was concerned that someone already at a very low ebb would come and have something nasty said to them and go off and do something dreadful.

The trolls have no idea what has gone on behind the scenes with us all before we ended up on this thread trying to make things better for us and our families, of the heartache and soul searching that most of us have had to do.

This forum is and can continue to be a great place for information, and I hope it stays that way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport