Item not arrived seller being abusive

Options
I bought an item xmas day, it didnt come so I opened paypal dispute last week. The seller put a mobile number as tracking. Then a day later sent paypal a recorded delivery number which apparently is for my item. Anyway I know what theyre doing, they are hoping Ill sign for it and paypal will think its the item and settle in their favour. They stupidly admitted to me it was a letter they sent me explaining the item was posted. Of course I wont sign for it, but if paypal see attempted delivery will they settle in her favour?

Im also getting hassle off her. Shes got a friend to win some of my items not pay and leave bad feedback! I know its a friend of hers as they only had 2 feedback, both from her! Shill bidding I think so reported this to ebay.

Ive had 30 messages from her in 2 days saying shes coming to my home, some apparently off her mum, calling me all sorts of names and leaving on my feedback Im a thief.

Ive told ebay but they arent even replying to me!
Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, £15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.

Comments

• JamieT1977
    Options
    was it a paypal or ebay dispute you opened?
  • emweaver
    emweaver Posts: 8,419 Forumite
    Options
    paypal dispute
    Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, £15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.
  • JamieT1977
    Options
    "If you and your seller are unable to agree on a solution, you must escalate the dispute to a PayPal claim within 20 calendar days of the date the dispute was opened. By escalating to a claim, you would be asking PayPal to review the case and decide the outcome."

So unless anything is sorted by day 20 do the above, even if you sign for the delivery (her letter) the envelope will have the same bar code as her delivery number. So she can not get away with claiming it was the item (unless the item would of fitted in the envelope she used).
  • JamieT1977
    Options
    Also keep any abusive e-mails etc you get as the Harassment Act 1997 covers online abuse.
  • cyberbob
    cyberbob Posts: 9,480 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I assume you've escalated the dispute if not do so now. Even if you sign for it you can prove that the postage weight on the letter isn't the same as what the item would be. If there was an attempted delivery paypal would rule in the sellers favour as you couldn't show the postage weight. Phone paypal tell them what is going on and upload any appropriate emails to the dispute

Also phone ebay and explain and also report the malicious bidding.

Just keep on at both Paypal and ebay about it. Don't reply to the seller anywhere but the dispute which means there will be a record.

Once all this is sorted open another ebay account and use it for buying only. That means in the future if you get any problems with a seller they will not be able to effect your selling account
  • emweaver
    Options
    JamieT1977 wrote: »
    "If you and your seller are unable to agree on a solution, you must escalate the dispute to a PayPal claim within 20 calendar days of the date the dispute was opened. By escalating to a claim, you would be asking PayPal to review the case and decide the outcome."

So unless anything is sorted by day 20 do the above, even if you sign for the delivery (her letter) the envelope will have the same bar code as her delivery number. So she can not get away with claiming it was the item (unless the item would of fitted in the envelope she used).

Its in a claim and yes it wold probably fit in a large letter but even so the tracking doesnt show paypal what it is just its been delivered. So if I sign for an empty package then Paypal will think Ive got the item
  • emweaver
    Options
    what i bought is a light item so again the posage weight wont come into it and how do paypal know what the postage weight is? all shes provided them with is tracking information
  • JamieT1977
    Options
    emweaver wrote: »
    Its in a claim and yes it wold probably fit in a large letter but even so the tracking doesnt show paypal what it is just its been delivered. So if I sign for an empty package then Paypal will think Ive got the item

As mentioned the weight of the letter and the item will be different, unless the item was a sheet of paper :)
  • JamieT1977
    Options
    she will have paid a price dependant on its size and weight. The price she paid will be easy to find out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure