Beware Plusnet Scam

Options
2»

Comments

• normanmark
    normanmark Posts: 4,156 Forumite
    Options
    Judging by the way you've constructed your posts, points & argument people like you should not be given an internet connection.

Even if a company gives out incorrect information, more the fool you for taking it at face value & not taking any form of responsibility to check out what you're signing up for.

Common sense seems to have eluded some people it seems.
  • Rex_Mundi
    Rex_Mundi Posts: 6,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just a couple of little points about your last post.

First post you said that the deal was a ripoff.

Your second post, you said so many silly things, that I dont know where to start.........................
    t8769 wrote:
    Having mostly dealt with reasonably straight companies that do what they say, I did not get this in writing.
    That was just stupid of you.................
    t8769 wrote:
    This company mislead me and the people on this website by publicising an offer that did not exist.
    That's not true. You chose to to not read the info that was presented to you in the forum (it was clear to many many other other people what the the deal was about.)
    t8769 wrote:
    Their pricing is very clear on their site now. The pricing was different when it was explained to me, and also to the person who runs this website.

This is what gets me................I've pointed out the site warning about posts on the forums. You are quoting what was said to you on the phone, and trying to blame everyone but yourself for this this F*** up.

If you feel that you have a case. Contact trading standards. They are there to protect your rights where companys try to screw you. Don't be surprised though when they consider your complaint a waste of their time. You've even had a trading standards person posting here saying how they get so many idiots contacting them because they never read the terms before they signed up for a deal. This is exactly what you have done. DO NOT BLAME THE SITE OR ANYONE ELSE!!!!!! It is only your fault for signing up for this deal. Unless you can prove that Martin or any other member of this site was standing over you with a gun to your head, I will only ever believe that the only person at fault here is you.
    How many surrealists does it take to change a lightbulb?
    Fish
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    t8769 wrote:
    Three points,

I feel sorry for pedantic idiots who scan others' posts for slight inaccuracies, in order to make themselves feel good pointing these out. A sign of sad inadequacy.

I have a life, so don't need to do this.
    3 points

You appear to be very pedantically arguing with and insulting almost every reply.

Why didn't you bother reading the terms and conditions for [alleged] slight inaccuracies?

If you have a life, you don't need to come here trolling against this forum, its proprietor and members for being complicit in this company cynically taking advantage of your laziness. Don't accuse this website of putting out incorrect information, when you claim the deal was not available.
    ... then the customer goes to Moneysavingexpert and finds the same offer publicised.

... , and this website was putting out incorrect information
    ... and read Terms, that didn't exist when I signed up,
    The terms and conditions weren't there for everyone to see, as the deal wasn't available yet.

I didn't join due to what was advertised here, but what operators assured me.

In future perhaps you should READ POSTS PROPERLY before making up your own facts, and then reply to yourself.
    Have I read this properly - you signed up to a deal that was not available? You didn't read the terms? Then kindly do not come here and patronise us about reading things properly.

If the company has your signature on a contract with terms and conditions, then maybe it is a contract. If the contract is perverse then why did you sign it?

I have a deal with Pipex that includes 500 minutes of calls. I never expected any more than that. If I ever get close I could use 1899 for a couple of long calls.
  • bbb_uk
    bbb_uk Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Options
    t8769 wrote:
    I didn't join due to what was advertised here, but what operators assured me.
    As mentioned by in an earlier post, it is very wise to query (ie read t&c) of any so-called "offer" or anything that is "free". There is nearly always catches to everything these days and you would be seen as being wise and cautious and not sad for reading t&c and checking up on these offers more. I personally never believe what I'm told by a salesperson who more than likely is paid commission to make a sale.

I remember being called by a salesperson trying to get me to switch to their unlimited package for about £4 or so but I said I'd need time to think about it and could he call me back. After putting phone down, I checked their site and it was a special offer for first few months only then it went up to around £10 then. Anyhow, when he rung back I queried why he never told me it was a special limited offer to which he replied I'm sure I did are you still interested? Obviously I wasn't interested at that point and told him so.

Now I knew he didn't mention it was a "limited" offer as I would definitely of remembered it.

ALWAYS READ THE SMALL PRINT!!!

And if there is no small print associated with that offer then wait until there is, or apply extra caution and query why there isn't.
  • t8769
    t8769 Posts: 372 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Friends,

Unless you enjoy pain, misery, suffering and poverty, stay clear of PlusNet.

After much nonesense, dishonestly, broken prommises and the like, I have managed to escape the hell that is PlusNet.

But lo.. they still wanted more... and more.

Instead of just closing my account there was an 'administrative error' which meant that they kept me for an extra month, costing me an extra £15, for an account I wasn't using.

Apparently they couldn't work out how to fix this, so I had to pay.

Though.. if you have an enemy that you really hate, why not suggest they sign up to PlusNet. I hear they're looking for new customers.

I've currently trying to get Osama Ben Laden to sign up, though now I'm wondering if I'm being a bit too harsh.
  • JohalaReewi
    JohalaReewi Posts: 2,614 Forumite
    Options
    If they took the extra money by Direct Debit, contact your bank for a full and immediate refund under the direct debit guarantee scheme. If they took the money from your Credit Card, ring your CC company and dispute the transaction as unuathorised. You might be successful. If they took the money from your Debit Card, I think you are stuck. AFAIK you don't have any protection. Failing that, you could issue them with an invoice then when it goes unpaid, claim against Plusnet via the County Courts. Keep the correspondance where they admit it was their error.
  • shammyjack
    shammyjack Posts: 2,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If they took the extra money by Direct Debit, contact your bank for a full and immediate refund under the direct debit guarantee scheme. If they took the money from your Credit Card, ring your CC company and dispute the transaction as unuathorised. You might be successful. If they took the money from your Debit Card, I think you are stuck. AFAIK you don't have any protection. Failing that, you could issue them with an invoice then when it goes unpaid, claim against Plusnet via the County Courts. Keep the correspondance where they admit it was their error.

Just to point out if a Debit Card bears the Visa logo then you have the same chargeback protection as a Credit Card !

shammy
  • t8769
    t8769 Posts: 372 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the tip.

Its only a £14 charge, something I think they know, so can't go to court over it.

I guess i could issue an invoice but I doubt they'll pay, they're crooks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure