We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
MSE Parents Club Part 10
Comments
-
I know. :rotfl:
*whispers* I was secretly glad that I inconvenienced tham because I was narked off that they'd ignored most of my birth plan.
Will your OH be more confident to shout up and tell the midwives to follow the birth plan next time? I really did feel that mine was more concerned with what the nurses thought of him/us than my feelings - he was all about speaking to them in German so they'd feel more comfortable, but that came at the expense of my comfort and I felt very much marginalised in my own labour. Then when things went wrong it was just awful because nobody had the time even to explain anything so he was getting all the information he could and then not passing it on.Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
Three gifts left to buy0 -
I know. :rotfl:
*whispers* I was secretly glad that I inconvenienced tham because I was narked off that they'd ignored most of my birth plan.
I complained to the Head of Midwifery that we were told at Parentcraft not to bother with a birth plan as it wouldn't be followed. :eek:
I only told her because she did my booking in appointment and one of my later check ups (she was covering staff shortages) and had told me to make sure I wrote up a birth plan once I had been to Parentcraft!
In fact I complained about the Parentcraft as a whole because it was dreadful - we were unlucky that the usual MW was on leave when we went and she is fab!
I had my birth plan in my head (never got round to writing it) and OH knew my wishes as well but next time I will definitely write it down.A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea
Where does the time go? :think:0 -
Wow, I feel really lucky that not only did my hospital never make mention of "top-ups" or formula" (they assume BFing by default) but there was also no attempt to ever take Finn away and the 1 time he did need to go somewhere, he was expected to be escorted by me or DH (DH took him b/c I needed a nap)...!! I can't believe the inconsistencies around the country!top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne
would like to win a holiday, please!!
:xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j0 -
Can I ask if anyone actually gets this "wetting the babies head"?.
Oh yes we will all go out with you and get bladdered new daddy, as you did so much work in carrying that baby for 9 months and then pushing it out.NOT
Yes OH wound me up again. Just asked if i can lend him some cash (Via text obviously, as he has lost the use of his voice-box), whilst he goes out with his brother on Saturday to wet his Neices head.
Now I know its his brother, but
1) His brother did not turn up to Alex's head-wetting
2) It was supposed to be last Sunday. OH booked Monday off work for his hangover. It was cancelled but OH went out anyway with his mates, spent the last of his cash and festered in bed all Monday
3) I have plans that involve Joe and I time, and he is to look after Alex.
4) He says his mum will have Alex. I do not want her to. I do not want to palm him off at weekends, as he spends enough time away from us in the week.
5) I'm a stroppy cow.
Last nights sleep high has well and truly worn off :mad::mad::mad:
Edit: There is also a lot of PMT mixed in there too.............0 -
angelfairy wrote: »hi elle :wave:
i'm not sure about the can, but if you cant, what about using a sea sponge (like what you can buy to put foundation on) to avoid brush strokes??
xx
Oh, now that's an idea I could manage!
How's you anyway hun? Work improved any?This is what came up on Google. I'd try Martin's shopbot.
Mmm.. I did that but most seem to be radiator paint. Didn't know if I could use that on MDF... *confused*
0 -
WM - no money, no drinky!
A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea
Where does the time go? :think:0 -
workinmummy wrote: »Can I ask if anyone actually gets this "wetting the babies head"?.
I would say no for all of your good reasons, and suggest that if the niece's head needs wetting that they use some sort of Johnson's product to do it and not just render the new dad incapable of doing anything useful to help his wife.Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
Three gifts left to buy0 -
That's different though because you had a choice. I don't think anyone should be forced to stay and witness things they don't want to - it's the babies being removed without parents having any option to come and not knowing where they are or what's being done that I think is objectionable.
I completely agree. How hard is it to say 'baby needs this because, it may make him cry but he will forget about it quickly, do you want to be present for it or will you get too upset?'.
Elle, you can get spray paint in any colour, try B&Q or most hardware shops.
WM, head-wetting is archaic. Yes, great idea to take a dad out and get him !!!!ed so he is useless for days, denying a new mum of her (usually) primary support person just so you can congratulate him for blowing his load about 9months ago.
I'd tell him no. He had his night out last week.0 -
Wow, I feel really lucky that not only did my hospital never make mention of "top-ups" or formula" (they assume BFing by default) but there was also no attempt to ever take Finn away and the 1 time he did need to go somewhere, he was expected to be escorted by me or DH (DH took him b/c I needed a nap)...!! I can't believe the inconsistencies around the country!
We never had a problem either. Although we were having no problems with BF (which is, I assume, when they offer formula top-ups). My MW offered to watch Benjamin for me whilst I had a shower, hubby had to go with me because I couldn't stand up very well after the epidural (we actually took a stool in with us so I could sit down in the shower) or said we could take Benjamin with us. So we put his cot just outside the open door of the en-suite.
When Benjamin was taken away for x-rays hubby went with him. The option then was 1 parent only and I am glad that I was brave enough to say 'not me'
Mmm.. I did that but most seem to be radiator paint. Didn't know if I could use that on MDF... *confused*

Please don't paint me with radiator paint elle
please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman
Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14ozA new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 20120 -
xmaslolly76 wrote: »Cant wait to here what wise words she gives you today at the museum ;-)
Errm none as she was very naughty
She's been going to bed really late. My neighbour died in November and his family are doing the house up now. Don't know them so don't know if it's going to be sold, rented out or if one of them is moving in. Anyway they are DIY'ing it and have been round most evenings drilling and banging until 9.30pm-10pm at night.
So she was tired and cranky this morning and got bored with the museum, so kept having full blown temper tantrums rolling on the floor and screaming
I was just ignoring her and looking at stuff with the boys and pretending she was nothing to do with me, while avoiding dagger looks from the more perfect parents whose children apparantly never behave like that 
She was really looking forward to the "mouse house" which is a special bit for under 5's, so I told her she'd been too naughty and she wasn't allowed in there. She's really upset about that, so hopefully it's sunk in that tantrums are not acceptable.Here I go again on my own....0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
