🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

PPI Help

Options
thunders79
thunders79 Posts: 141 Forumite
edited 27 January 2010 at 4:21PM in Reclaim PPI & other insurance
Hi

I currently have a PPI claim with the FSCS but have found my paperwork for a different loan which I took out with Click Finance (Broker) for a Paragon loan.

Was told I had to have the PPI or wouldn't get the loan and it was a joint application but only covered my husband on the PPI.

I wrote to Click Finance in 2008 and didn't hear anything back and then forgot about it until recently when digging through my paperwork.

Anyway, my question is, Do I now go straight to the FOS or keep trying to persue it with click finance?

All help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, Di3004 should be along to post on this one.
  • thunders79
    Options
    marshallka wrote: »
    Hi, Di3004 should be along to post on this one.

Why? does Di3004 have a claim against the same company?
  • marshallka
    Options
    thunders79 wrote: »
    Why? does Di3004 have a claim against the same company?
    Yeah and I think the click that she used went into liquidation also. What date was your loan?
  • thunders79
    Options
    Yeah and I think the click that she used went into liquidation also. What date was your loan?

Hi

Yes I seem to think Click did go into liquidation. My loan was taken out in 2004.

Do you know what I need to do now then?

Keep writing to Click, write to FOS or go to FSCS? im confused. Thought you had to have a full and final answer but haven't heard back from Click.
  • thunders79
    Options
    Hi

Yes I seem to think Click did go into liquidation. My loan was taken out in 2004.

Do you know what I need to do now then?

Keep writing to Click, write to FOS or go to FSCS? im confused. Thought you had to have a full and final answer but haven't heard back from Click.

It is Click Finance we dealt with which I believe is now Click. They went into liquidation and changed their name.
  • marshallka
    Options
    It is Click Finance we dealt with which I believe is now Click. They went into liquidation and changed their name.
    But although they went into liquidation and changed their names, the new Click will not have anything to do with the old Clicks complaints. That is the problem and its the same directors. You need to make complaints EVERYWHERE possible. Di will be along to post soon I am sure.;)
  • thunders79
    Options
    But although they went into liquidation and changed their names, the new Click will not have anything to do with the old Clicks complaints. That is the problem and its the same directors. You need to make complaints EVERYWHERE possible. Di will be along to post soon I am sure.;)

Yeah that is why I don't know where to go from here. Hopefully someone will be able to help soon x
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there

Yes I taken out a loan with Click finance in Nov 2004, they unfortunately dissolved in 2006, the lender was Endeavour Personal Finance.

I would find out who the Insurer/Underwriter was for your loan, it may be Hamilton Insurers like mine, but depending on who the lender was as well,
    We cannot go through the FSCS with these because these were not governed when the loan was taken out, the FSCS like the FOS are unable to investigate non governed businesses, this is why the FOS are dealing through the Insurer instead.

Do you know who your insurer was?
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • thunders79
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi there

Yes I taken out a loan with Click finance in Nov 2004, they unfortunately dissolved in 2006, the lender was Endeavour Personal Finance.

I would find out who the Insurer/Underwriter was for your loan, it may be Hamilton Insurers like mine, but depending on who the lender was as well,
    We cannot go through the FSCS with these because these were not governed when the loan was taken out, the FSCS like the FOS are unable to investigate non governed businesses, this is why the FOS are dealing through the Insurer instead.

Do you know who your insurer was?

Hello, have just filled you in with all this on the other thread.

I have no idea who the insurer was. How do I find out? can only find my original loan docs but it doesn't mention the insurer I don't think.

Any suggestions? do you think this means I can't persue this one?
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, have just filled you in with all this on the other thread.

I have no idea who the insurer was. How do I find out? can only find my original loan docs but it doesn't mention the insurer I don't think.

Any suggestions? do you think this means I can't persue this one?

For my policy booklet I did not have this, and on some of the paperwork supplied by the lender Endeavour, it stated that if I required details of the PPI and insurer was to write to Endeavour themselves to request for these.
    So the lender should provide them to you on request free of charge.

The FOS are able to investigate against the Insurer, so you should be fine here, its another direction to take because the FOS are also trying to make the insurers responsible.

The amount of times we write to Click it was a waste of time, even though they still run other loan businesses again under Click.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family