Trolls??

Sorry, but how does this actually happen? I have noticed that several 'trolls' have been very quickly 'ppr'ed even when I could not see any offensive posts of that name.

Does this mean that once you are banned all new names from you will be banned straighaway?
You have the right to remain silent.Anything you do say will be misquoted and then used against you ;)

Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.

Bruce Lee

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/terms-conditions
    9.7 Any decision we make to remove or request the removal of any communication or to terminate or suspend the posting privileges of any user of the chat forms shall be final and binding. The termination or suspension of posting privileges shall apply to any and all user accounts that may have been used by that person, whether or not opened by that person.

9.8 If you are notified that your posting privileges have been suspended or terminated, you will not attempt to reregister as a user of the Chat Forum or make any posts on it in any guise whatsoever.

9.9 When former users whose posting privileges have been removed do reregister or otherwise disrupt the Chat Forum, this spoils the Chat Forum and can cause severe distress or disturbance to other users. Dealing with the unwanted posts of former users distracts us from the core purpose of the site and ties up management and technician time. Therefore in such circumstances we reserve the right to:
    9.9.1 Report offenders to their ISP
    9.9.2 Charge offenders for the administrative costs of identifying and removing their posts at the rate of £40 per hour necessarily spent plus any external costs that we incur.

9.9.3 Take legal action to recover these costs.

9.9.4 Report offenders to the authorities if their actions appear to amount to a breach of the Computer Misuse Act 1990 or any other relevant criminal legislation.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • dehaani
    dehaani Posts: 604 Forumite
    ... even when I could not see any offensive posts of that name.
    Some people are too easily offended. I actually think they enjoy taking offence at the slightest thing.
  • verysillyguy06
    verysillyguy06 Posts: 37,692 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    fermi wrote: »

wow...thx I never knew.....

I better knuckle down:o
    You have the right to remain silent.Anything you do say will be misquoted and then used against you ;)

Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.

Bruce Lee
  • Quasar
    Quasar Posts: 121,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Yes but how often is this implemented, Fermi? The arms is full of banned people who come back to cause mischief.
    Be careful who you open up to. Today it's ears, tomorrow it's mouth.
  • fermi
    If you think a member who has been PPR'd has re-registered under an AE, then email the abuse@ team with the suspicions and any evidence.

However, I very much doubt that hunting out AEs and previously PPR'd users in The Arms is a high priority for the abuse/forum team.......
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

• marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I really think we have to accept AE's exist, it would be near impossible to go around PPR'ing AE's. Finding them AND proving it is who we think it is, so many innocent newbies could be falsely accused of being an AE.

The mission must be abuse, when an only when an AE posts abuse, only then can an AE be safely re-PPr'd, we need to be sure to report abuse wherever and whenever we see it, whether they are suspect AE's or not.

We cannot go around suspecting people of being "other" people, and even if they are an AE, we should at the very least give them a chance to learn a lesson, if they no longer post abusive posts, then whats the problem?
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • And not all AE’s are created to disrupt the forum; some are created for the exact opposite, to protect the forum and to avoid disruption if that normal user has become a target by those that wish to cause disruption, so they can continue to post helpful posts without the unwanted attention. Forum use is a complicated beast, nothing is always as it seems.
    They claim their labours are to build a heaven, yet their heaven is populated with horrors. Perhaps the world is not made, perhaps nothing is made?
    Its too late, always has been, always will be.
    Too late!
  • fermi
    And not all AE’s are created to disrupt the forum;

Having more than one account is not actually against the forum rules/T&Cs.

I'm sure you know that, but I think a lot people mistakenly think there is a complete blanket ban no-matter what.

It's using an AE to disrupt the forum and others use of it that is not allowed; and of course creating one to circumvent a ban/PPR.

• jamespir
    jamespir Posts: 21,456 Forumite
    the thing is some people seem to think that anyone with an opposing opinion is a troll
    Replies to posts are always welcome, If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • jamespir wrote: »
    the thing is some people seem to think that anyone with an opposing opinion is a troll
    Opposing opinion is not the problem, it is putting it across tactfully and without someone taking offence that is the issue.
    The issue is some do not wish to even try to tactful, or indeed not take offence.
    They claim their labours are to build a heaven, yet their heaven is populated with horrors. Perhaps the world is not made, perhaps nothing is made?
    Its too late, always has been, always will be.
    Too late!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport