We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Lloyds TSB PPI reclaiming

Options
Hello,

I don't know if this has been discussed previously, I have done several searches on the internet and the forums but not found the answer.

I had a credit card for several years with Lloyds TSB, and had a PPI policy taken out at the same time. I have paid this off (as of yesterday!), and want to claim back the PPI that I have paid, roughly 5 years worth.

What I am worried about however, is that I have a student 0% overdraft with them of around £1,500 and I was worried that when I claim, they may get moody because I'm claiming and 'call in' the overdraft. I know they used to do the same thing with bank charges. I was wondering if anyone had any information or experience of the same thing.

Thank you very much.

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    ed_165 wrote: »
    Hello,

I don't know if this has been discussed previously, I have done several searches on the internet and the forums but not found the answer.

I had a credit card for several years with Lloyds TSB, and had a PPI policy taken out at the same time. I have paid this off (as of yesterday!), and want to claim back the PPI that I have paid, roughly 5 years worth.

What I am worried about however, is that I have a student 0% overdraft with them of around £1,500 and I was worried that when I claim, they may get moody because I'm claiming and 'call in' the overdraft. I know they used to do the same thing with bank charges. I was wondering if anyone had any information or experience of the same thing.

Thank you very much.

Hi and welcome.;)

I have a few issues with Lloyds TSB, the Credit cards both myself and hubby had with them were finally successful with the reclaiming on the PPI through the Financial ombudsman service (FOS), we do also have the loan ppi claims ongoing with them at the moment as well, just waiting for a decision from Lloyds.

Mine and hubbys were Credit cards taken out in 2001 so you do have a good chance here.
    With whatever reasons you have for bing mis sold you go for it.

If you still have the account number that is fine.

They have 8 weeks in full to respond, and post by recorded delivery, this will be your proof of posting.
    Here is a link to the guidelines of reclaiming, with template letters, a check list of mis selling reasons and so on:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance
    Check this through to help you through the reclaiming.

Ask for help anytime and please keep us posted, good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • ed_165
    ed_165 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Hello,

Thanks, I am very up for claiming the PPI back I'm just worried that the overdraft that I have with them will be called in...
  • di3004
    Options
    Hello,

Thanks, I am very up for claiming the PPI back I'm just worried that the overdraft that I have with them will be called in...

They should not discriminate you because you are reclaiming, you are reclaiming on your own right because of being mis sold, so this should not intervene with anything else.

If you do get problems, although you shouldn't then you can contact the Office of Fair Trading:
    http://www.oft.gov.uk/contactus

Hope this helps.;)
  • ed_165
    Options
    Thanks, I will commence the long and arduous process of claiming!
  • di3004
    Options
    Thanks, I will commence the long and arduous process of claiming!

Your welcome, hopefully it will all go straight forward for you, please keep us posted and ask for help when required.
    Good luck with this.;)
  • magpiecottage
    Options
    There is no need to complain by Recorded Delivery. Proof of posting (free from the Post Office) is sufficient. FOS will consider it to have been received two working days later. You can also complain by fax, e-mail, telephone (in which case take a note of who you speak to or their headset and the date and time) or in a branch.

The clock then starts ticking.

They have to get the reply into the post within 8 weeks so you allow an extra week for it to reach you before going to FOS.
  • ed_165
    Options
    Hello,

Received my first letter back today which says (the bit of relevance):

"According to our records you paid £15.21 in Payment Protection Cover premiums between 10 August 2009 and 10 February 2010."

I didn't even ask them for these dates I asked them for the whole amount. I have had this card since 2005 and paid way more than that over the course of the years.

Any suggestions of where to go next?
  • maxdp
    maxdp Posts: 3,873 Forumite
    Options
    Reiterate the dates you are concerned about and tell them how the dates that you are claiming back to. Give them 2 weeks to respond. Good Luck
    :mad:
  • tiggrae
    tiggrae Posts: 1,771 Forumite
    Options
    Hello,

Received my first letter back today which says (the bit of relevance):

"According to our records you paid £15.21 in Payment Protection Cover premiums between 10 August 2009 and 10 February 2010."

I didn't even ask them for these dates I asked them for the whole amount. I have had this card since 2005 and paid way more than that over the course of the years.

Any suggestions of where to go next?
    do you normally pay your balance off in full ?
  • ed_165
    Options
    I no longer have a balance as I recently (two months ago) managed to pay it off, for the first time for about three years.

I previously ran up to £3500 on it, payments for PPI ranged from £7 - £35 p/m, plus the interest of the credit card.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport