Continental - delayed baggage compensation?

Options
2»

Comments

• LemonTree_3
    Options
    stoneman wrote: »
    Now lets calm down here. First port of call is as Cityboy says to contact CO via email fro their site.. Do not get upset or start calling them idiots or anything derogatory. Remember that the person reading your email is just a customer service adviser and a human just like you. Explain your situation and the difficulties you endured, along with a round figure of what extra things you had to purchase. Also remember that it was not the airline that lost your bags, it was the ground handling agents at one of the airports that your luggage transited through.(but granted that the airline assumes responsibility)
    I have always found that being calm and polite and especially with U.S. airline agents things normally get sorted out pretty amicably
    Thank you. I will have go although I've already made some bad experience when trying to call them.
  • LemonTree_3
    Options
    dmg24 wrote: »
    The phrase 'Pot calling the kettle black' springs to mind! :rolleyes:
    I apologize for my rough tone.
  • dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 20 January 2010 at 11:57PM
    Options
    Forget the EU regs here - they do not apply to flights on US airlines originating in the US.

That means that you are entitled to whatever Continental's policy says you are entitled to, possibly modified by the requirements of the Montreal convention.

http://www.auc.org.uk/default.aspx?catid=306&pagetype=90&pageid=3316#lessthan21days

seems to indicate that you may be due something for essential expenditure but nothing for inconvenience. Lack of receipts may be an insuperable provblem
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure