FREE X-Net Weekend Calls and Texts on Vodafone PAYT.

Options
pricefighter
pricefighter Posts: 2,829 Forumite
See this press release from Voda today.

http://www.vodafone.com/article_with_thumbnail/0,3038,OPCO%253D40018%2526CATEGORY_ID%253D210%2526MT_ID%253Dpr%2526LANGUAGE_ID%253D0%2526CONTENT_ID%253D283543,00.html

Unfortunately you have to pay at least a fiver previous week to get free weekend calls.

"Pay As You Talk customers who spend GBP5.00 during the week will get free calls to any UK network and texts all weekend, while those who just spend £2.50 will receive free texts for the whole weekend. And as an added bonus for Vodafone customers, the weekend will start at 7:30 on Friday night."
PF.

Comments

• matrix999
    matrix999 Posts: 1,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Folks,

I never thought I'd say this but Vodafone seem to have a better offer than O2 for PAYT customers.

I had a couple of Vodafone PAYT Sim Cards that I never used so phoned Vodafone to register them and take advantage of the Free Weekend Calls/Texts. The advisor I spoke to was very polite, professional.

I now have a Vodafone PAYT Sim Card that has 500 Free Texts per month and Free Weekend Calls/Texts applied to it. I need to top up £15 per month for the 500 Free Texts each month and use at least £5 of calls during the week Mon-Fri to get the Free Weekend Calls/Texts from 1930 on a Fri to 0000 on Mon morning.

A good offer for PAYT I thought.
  • bbb_uk
    bbb_uk Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Options
    matrix999 wrote:
    I never knew this but I now have a Vodafone PAYT Sim Card that has 500 Free Texts per month and Free Weekend Calls/Texts applied to it. I need to top up £15 per month for the 500 Free Texts each month and use at least £5 of calls during the week Mon-Fri to get the Free Weekend Calls/Texts from 1930 on a Fri to 0000 on Mon morning.
    Where is this 500 free texts coming from for topping-up by £15? I can't seem to find it on their website!

The only thing I could find is this which states it's an add-on which you pay for in advance.

Unlike o2, who do the same 500 texts for £15 but is only subject to being topped-up by £15 and you still get the £15 to spend as credit.

It seems like voda's 500text is better described as "inclusive" rather than "free" because you have to give them £15 up front specifically for the texts unlike o2 where you get to keep the £15 as credit on the phone.
  • matrix999
    matrix999 Posts: 1,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sorry for starting a new thread there Pricefighter, I never spotted your one :)

Hi bbb_uk, Vodafone were doing an offer between 1st and 30th of June where if you got one of there PAYT sim cards from the website and topped up £15 per month they give you a free £15 500 text pack in 28 days time and each month there after so long as you top up £15 per month.

Just been onto there customer service again to double double check that what i've said above is correct and the second customer advisor i've spoke to has confirmed that I have 500 Free Texts each month as long as I top up £15 per month and also have the Free Weekend Calls/Texts so long as i spend £5 during the week.

This is a copy of the terms and conditions for the 500 Free Texts offer:

1. This offer applies to new Pay as You Talk SIM Packs purchased from vodafone.co.uk between 1 and 30 June 2006 ("Eligible SIMs").
    2. If you Top Up an Eligible SIM's prepay account with £15 or more in any Period then we will credit that account with 500 standard text messages.
    3. Except as described below, a Period is the calendar month from the anniversary date of your first chargeable call with the Eligible SIM. So if your very first call with an Eligible SIM is on 5th of the month then each Period runs from the 5th day of the month until the 5th day of the next month. If your anniversary date is the 29th, 30 or 31st and the end of any Period occurs in a month that does not have such a date then for that Period the end of the Period is the last day of that month and all future Periods will end on the last day of each month, whatever day that may be. For the purpose of calculating whether you qualify for a Free Pack in a particular Period we count only Top Ups applied in that Period.
    4. The credit will be in the form of one text pack ("Free Pack") entitling the customer to 500 standard text messages. The Free Pack will usually be applied the day after the end of the Period in which it was earned. If you have an existing text pack or packs then the Free Pack will be applied after those packs have been used up.
    5. Terms and conditions apply to the use of text packs for details call 2345 or visit https://www.vodafone.co.uk.
    6. Nothing in these terms affects your legal rights as a consumer.
    7. © May 2006 Vodafone Limited. Information correct at time of going to print. All rights are reserved to Vodafone and materials may not be used in any way or copied in whole or in part without prior written permission from Vodafone. Vodafone and the Vodafone logo are trademarks of Vodafone Group Plc or its associated companies
  • bbb_uk
    bbb_uk Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Options
    matrix999 wrote:
    Hi bbb_uk, Vodafone were doing an offer between 1st and 30th of June where if you got one of there PAYT sim cards from the website and topped up £15 per month they give you a free £15 500 text pack in 28 days time and each month there after so long as you top up £15 per month...
    Thanks for that. I obviously missed the offer with it only lasting a month. Voda will probably repeat it again in the future.

I do whish voda would do tariffs similar to that of o2 but I guess they can't afford to do such tariffs although o2 have been doing those type of tariffs for years now!
  • kevt_3
    kevt_3 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Went to a Vodafone shop this weekend and they have a new deal for pay as you go customers. You get free calls and text messages all weekend (landlines and all mobiles - any network) - you just have to use £5 of your balance between monday & friday.

Seems like a really good deal if you spend £5 anyway
  • richardjames73
    Options
    Whats even better is that if you buy a voice or text pack, the £5 spend is worked out at the standard tariff rate and not the text pack rate. So for example, you could buy a text pack for 200 texts at £10, 5p a text, but when you send one 12p goes towards your weekly spend, so you would just have to send 42 texts monday to friday, to qualify for your free weekend calls and texts. What a fantastic offer!!!!
  • kevt_3
    kevt_3 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    This is defintely a better deal than O2 - you can make as many calls as you want at the weekend for free. So you can even reduce your landline bill!
  • richardjames73
    Options
    And I have always found vodafone is a much more reliable network than o2.
  • FREELANCE
    FREELANCE Posts: 53 Forumite
    Options
    so can i verify, i top up £10.00 a month and apply a text pack bundle... thats 200 texts.

firstly my credit is finished right? the text pack is like a bolton you buy?
    secondly, so i have 200 texts a month, if i divide by 42 a week, i get 4 weeks of free weekend calls? anytime any network....... seems good.

i still think o2 sims which had 100 minutes any time any network for £10.00 top up a month were better......... heres the deal with o2

top up £10.00
    get 100 mins anytime ant network
    suscribe to a "calls 50" bundle... and you have another 50 minutes anytime any network..

thats a total of 150 minutes anytime any network a month......

calls 50 bundle costs: 7.99 . you have left about £2.00 in your credit.

you can spend the £2.00 on texts, and i think u even get 30 free texts...... i dont think u can beat this.....

BAD NEWS IS: this tarriff stopped on may 06th. its now changed to the following:

you have to top up £15.00 to get 100 minutes anytime any network...
    or for £10.00 you gte 50 minutes... then u can still buy the bolton with your £10.00 credit
  • FREELANCE
    FREELANCE Posts: 53 Forumite
    Options
    Whats even better is that if you buy a voice or text pack, the £5 spend is worked out at the standard tariff rate and not the text pack rate. So for example, you could buy a text pack for 200 texts at £10, 5p a text, but when you send one 12p goes towards your weekly spend, so you would just have to send 42 texts monday to friday, to qualify for your free weekend calls and texts. What a fantastic offer!!!!

can you confirm that the "text pack" bundle texts, can be calculated at the standard rate and not text pack rate, is it in their terms and conditions that they accept you to spend £5.00 in this way, or is it just a loop hole in their system. cause the way i understand it is that, if you buy a text pack, 200 texts, a month for £10.00 you not really spending £5.00 a week with them as they would want lol, your spending maybe £2.50 a week. so its a hole in their system if it counts a text bundle as standard expesnse isnt it? in future they can stop that unless you can find it in their terms and conditions that a text pack can be counted as standard charge.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure