Keighley Trade Centre

Options

Comments

• Samarith
    Options
    Wow, so glad I do these checks. 3 hour trip for nothing avoided.

Many thanks to those that have taken time to warn us.
  • funkycoldribena
    Options
    Samarith wrote: »
    Wow, so glad I do these checks. 3 hour trip for nothing avoided.

Many thanks to those that have taken time to warn us.

5 years and only 1 post! Top lurking..:)
    Went shoplifting at the Disneystore today.

Got a huge Buzz out of it.
  • Niowrtt
    Niowrtt Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    FYI for those searching: they have renamed and are now trading on Autotrader as Motor Hub.
  • yazgee
    yazgee Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Have dealt with them in the past (through Trade) and like many similar small dealers they buy most of their stock through various auctions inc dealer run auctions.

You have to remember these cars are on the auction for a reason, if they were perfect the dealer taking them would would probably re-sell them (unless they fell out of their criteria). You will find some good ones but reality is most are there cos they need some expenditure.

Most smaller dealers will spend the minimum on them, advertise them as cheap as they can and keep their fingers crossed.
  • westwood68
    Options
    Sorry yazgee but that's bulls&*t where KTC are concerned

Yes most small dealers buy from auctions but some are very careful what they buy. The honest ones will not buy crap then try to miss-sell them which is what KTC do. Admittedly, a small dealer may occasionally buy a lemon but if they are honest, they will either advertise it as such and cut their losses; break it and try to make some money back or repair it and sell it on.

"Most smaller dealers will spend the minimum on them, advertise them as cheap as they can and keep their fingers crossed."??????

A very sweeping statment and it's only companies like KTC who do this. They give the small dealer who is struggling to make an honest living a bad name
  • yazgee
    yazgee Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    westwood68 wrote: »
    Sorry yazgee but that's bulls&*t where KTC are concerned

Yes most small dealers buy from auctions but some are very careful what they buy. The honest ones will not buy crap then try to miss-sell them which is what KTC do. Admittedly, a small dealer may occasionally buy a lemon but if they are honest, they will either advertise it as such and cut their losses; break it and try to make some money back or repair it and sell it on.

"Most smaller dealers will spend the minimum on them, advertise them as cheap as they can and keep their fingers crossed."??????

A very sweeping statment and it's only companies like KTC who do this. They give the small dealer who is struggling to make an honest living a bad name

Not painting all you guys with the same brush Westwood and I agree there are genuine small dealers out there trying to do the job as honestly as they can (yes I did use the words 'honest' and 'dealer' in the same sentence lol) but fact is it's the majority of ruthless, lying, cheating small time dealers & traders that are tainting the trade.

KTC are noway near the only ones doing this they have just established themselves a bit more so are in the spotlight. The rest just go under and reappear under a different name.

Either use a main/established dealer with a head office backing or a small established dealer which has a good reputation
  • londonTiger
    londonTiger Posts: 4,903 Forumite
    Options
    If you have any doubts about any vendor for whatever reason just look elsewhere. There are far too many car sellers in the world so there s no reason to do business with one particular seller.

Based on the feedback above this place looks very dodgy to me. However do nite that people generally do not have any loyalty or affinity to car sales garages, it'sjust a building site where people exchange ccommodities, so people generally don't go on the Web and write positive reviews about a company. But when they have a bad experience they will spend their evenings writing negative reviews on about it

So it's important to factor the negative review bias.
  • westwood68
    Options
    yazgee wrote: »
    Not painting all you guys with the same brush Westwood

I hope not; I'm not a dealer! :)

Just a lowly computer programmer but I do know (as you do) that there are a lot of honest small dealers out there and just wanted to make sure people didn't tar all of them with the same brush as KTC.

Some do deserve to get what this lot got though:-
    http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/extra/news-item.cfm/newsid/956
    "Rogue car dealer gang convicted"
  • carmen3782
    Options
    having had a bad experience with k t c or now known as motorhub i can advise anyone to stay well clear......seen bmw x5 on ebay phoned kts now known as motorhub was told car was 1 previous owner full bmw service history ...travelled 200 miles only to find a part service history last service 2 years ago and 20000 miles....as for 1 owner i was told 3 previous owners. on checking paperwork found it had 6 previous owners...tried to pressure me into strikinga deal before a test drive ...told them to shove it.... a bunch of lying cheating asian chavs ...while i was there another customer from liverpool told them a similar thing except that they were lucky he had his kids with him....looks the part with loads of supercars as you walk in...but steer well clear dont believe a word that comes from them
  • Paton999
    Options
    Just been today, saw a car on the web. Called to see if was still available, got a terrible attitude on the phone but went along anyway. Car was ok, had some wear and tear to the wheels but given the price it was to be expected. Asked for a test drive to see if it ran ok, told no until I agreed a price. Things just didn't seems right, questioned the documents especially the MOT, he said it was just done but couldn't provide a copy just a print out off the gov website. Was the same when I enquiries about another car I was interested. It was tested 7 days prior and they didn't have a certificate! Car was a bag of spanners to drive, walked out and didn't look back. Looks the real deal with all the nice cars when you walk in but don't be fooled!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure