Corona007's random ramblings

Options

Comments

• Lula-Hula
    Lula-Hula Posts: 7,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey you :p that remark about women & landlords was a bit 'cheap' :D

I'd sue the pants off the landlord through the small claims court, even if you dont get your money back, it will cause him loads of hassle & wont enhance his reputation either.

Grass seed & water through the letter box is always a winner too ;)
  • Corona007
    Options
    I heard a similar cheap joke this morning. One of the lads at work said he had bought his missus a new belt and new bag for valentines day. He said he was hoping that the hoover would work much better from now on. :p

Well I laughed anyway. :D

That route is pretty much what I have decided to take. Sue him in small claims but if he so much as tries anything funny like counter suing or applying for a time extension I shall slap him with the non compliance case so hard he'll be left reeling.

Anyway off for a beer. I'm thirsty.
    Got my head out of the sand - 01/01/2010
    Total debts to clear - [STRIKE]£18,886[/STRIKE] now £14,878
    10k in 2010 challenge - £2,011
    11k in 2011 challenge - £1,997
  • Corona007
    Options
    I went to the supermarket at the weekend and deliberately didn't buy any booze on the theory that if it is not in my house I can't drink it. The only problem with that theory is that it is complete balls. Instead I just called at the off license near the station which sells wine at twice the price and buy it there. Brilliant logic.

Also in the news today, I am now officially suing my ex-landlord as I submitted the court papers this morning. So it is no longer just not me moaning about it but shall be henceforth referred to in the history books as Corona v GreedyLL. Now I just have to wait 19 days for him to a.) file a defence, b.) capitulate or c.) ignore me even more. I did check with Ladbrokes but unfortunately they have stopped taking bets on option c.) as it was such an overwhelming favourite. I just really hope he isn't a fan of Martin Lewis otherwise he will know all about how to deal with the Bailiffs when I finally set them on him.
  • Corona007
    Options
    More money spent. My bank account leaks more than Thames Water. And most of it on avoidable things like booze and nice food. And to make matters worse it is clear that I can't get out this wedding in Kenya later this year no matter how much I have hinted that I might not go and no matter what excuses I have given. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to go it is just that for the first time in my life I'm realising that I can't really afford to :(

Oh and no news in Corona v GreedyLL yet. Court papers were issued today but no response. I'm guessing he is too busy spending my money on holidays to Kenya or somewhere :rotfl:
  • Lula-Hula
    Options
    Hey Corona,

Congratulations on submitting the court papers :j

I like the hoover vs. new belt theory :rotfl:

As to not buying alcohol :eek: that's a step too far :D. Much better to buy it in supermarket along with weekly shopping & just 'budget' your intake :(

I swear that the day I become debt free, the world 'budget' will be banned from this house.

Is there any way you could earn some extra cash specifically for Kenya ? Maybe get a bar job (perks there ;)) a couple of evenings a week, or do some frantic ebaying, any skills that you could sell ie : pc tuition, sports training, coin counting :p diy etc etc ?

Will be back with more ideas when they occur ...
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    hi corona - just read your diary today

Good luck with the court case

Hurry up and pay your shrapnel into the bank

Consider whether the Kenya thing is essential - My OH was invited to be best man at a friend's wedding on the other side of the world - and we declined. Sadly we also declined to go to my sister's wedding in similar circumstances... right now it certainly seems like the right decision - but it was an incredibly hard one to make
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 236 payments to go - now £183,036 Equity 26.8%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £4.6K on 0% spends card but offset by £33.8K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £10.2K/£127.5K AVC target 8% value at 15/5
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • Corona007
    Options
    Hi savingholmes thanks for dropping in.

I have now paid just over £100 of my coinage into the bank and was only marginally mortified whilst doing it. Sadly I still have another £280 or so to go. This could take a while...

It's a tough call on this wedding. In addition to it being one of my best friends getting married, I was brought up in Kenya but haven't been back for 15 years. I therefore have strong personal reasons for wanting to go. On the plus side, I have enough hotel loyalty points to cover some free hotel nights and nearly enough airmiles to pay for the half the cost of the flight. I'll therefore just need to pay for half a flight, my spending money and for any extras like going on a safari, hiring a car etc. Lula, liking your ideas and will see what I can do.

Unfortunately there was no cheque in my post box this evening from GreedyLL but there was an offer to join the British Airways wine club. Looks like a good offer to me - £40 off a case of wine, a free corkscrew which should fetch £20 on e-bay and 1,000 airmiles. Just need to remember to cancel it before they deliver the second box at full price which is easy enough. I know it sounds extravagant when I'm in debt but overall it could save me money as I am partial to a bottle of wine (did I mention that at all?) and gets me a few airmiles closer to Kenya :o.
  • Lula-Hula
    Options
    Hey Corona , I grew up in West Africa :cool: but like you, not been back in while :(

How about using the last remaining coinage to start off the Kenya fund :D, you could even open a new savings account specifically for that purpose. I have an account purely funded by coinage, quidco, top cashback, surveys & any extra earnings. If you do manage to get a part time income then have it paid into that separate account, it will soon grow & you really wont want to touch it.

If you dont already save £2 coins then start.

You can do this :D
  • Corona007
    Options
    Whereabouts Lula? I guess you'll understand the call to return then, especially after I pulled some old photo albums out at the weekend to remind myself of the place.

However, I have promised to myself that I shall only go if it means I do not incur a penny more debt AND I still meet my repayment target of £9,443 this year. So best get scrimping and saving then.

Sadly I have just got off to a terrible start - I was away up North this weekend and stopped for petrol driving back. Was a bit tired and not with it and half way through filling up I realised I was pouring in premium unleaded rather than the normal stuff. That was a fiver wasted for nothing then. :mad:

*** Corona goes off to sit in the naughty corner ***
  • Lula-Hula
    Options
    * Pulls Corona back from the naughty step after reminding him that it could have been worse ... d.i.e.s.e.l :eek:*

Take it as a timely reminder not to drive when tired :naughty:.

Hope your monday goes ok :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport