Corona007's random ramblings

Options

Comments

• Lula-Hula
    Lula-Hula Posts: 7,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    No No No :naughty:

dont take it to Sainsburys., just a few bags in each week. It's all done on weight these days so dont worry about other peeps :p. I'm also thinking that if you start each day with fresh notes then you're 'losing a lot of money'.

Very amusing diary, carry on :D
  • Corona007
    Options
    Well maybe you are right Lula-Hula. Thinking about it, I am ashamed of annoying the bank and their customers when at the same I am paying a fortune towards their annual profits. Nuts to them. I'm in the queue on Saturday. :)

Hey TLF, now I fully agree. I'd love some of my friends to go to Gretna and get married without feeling the need to invite me! It is of course easier for us blokes - a new tie and some shoe polish equates to a new outfit!

Quite pleased today as my cheque arrived from Atlantic Energy - £166.95 which was far more than I thought they owed me. Added to that the £350 for some expenses my company owed me appearing in my bank account and I am well on my way to paying off that AMEX bill next week.
    Got my head out of the sand - 01/01/2010
    Total debts to clear - [STRIKE]£18,886[/STRIKE] now £14,878
    10k in 2010 challenge - £2,011
    11k in 2011 challenge - £1,997
  • Corona007
    Corona007 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    Well, I am pleased today as I have made the first major step in sorting out my debts and to be honest it was something I could (and should) have done ages ago. I have paid off the balance I owe on my corporate AMEX card - £1000.47

Now I know it is a completely daft thing to put personal purchases on my company card (even though not against the rules) but I got caught short at the end of last year paying a hotel bill in Oman when Egg refused the payment as they thought someone was cloning my card. My AMEX card did work but I didn't get round to paying it back what with Christmas and all! Naughty boy.

Anway, sadly I haven't reduced my total debt by that amount as I have temporarily used £300 of my of overdraft to cover it until pay day on the 6th. However I want to be in a position going forward where I have a clear division between my debt and bills I need to claim back from work - from now on any debts on my corporate card are not mine and shall not be counted in my debts!

So I now have 4 CCs and my OD to clear. I'll drink to that. :beer:
  • Corona007
    Options
    Ah Saturday afternoons, you gotta love them. A bacon sarnie, Bond film on DVD and best of all no need to spend any money. :j
  • Lula-Hula
    Options
    Corona007 wrote: »
    Ah Saturday afternoons, you gotta love them. A bacon sarnie, Bond film on DVD and best of all no need to spend any money. :j

Sounds like a winner :)

No doubt this all happened after you had been to the bank with your sack of money bags :D

I can definitely relate to the feelings of shame as regards annoying other people BUT - it's a recession so you have to take full advantage of the fact that all sorts of peeps are doing extraordinary things, so dont worry, you'll blend in fine with all the other eccentricity going on ;)

I knew I had reached my no-shame zone when I flounced out of bank after they tried to charge me £5 :eek: for paying a bill declaring rather loudly that I wasnt about to start paying for the privilege of paying my bills & would take my business elsewhere. The overall effect was marred somewhat by a spectacular trip at the door :o. Have never been in there since :rotfl:
  • bluebag
    bluebag Posts: 2,450 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

Ah see now! that shows a huge shift in thinking (probably without you realising) you are now aware of days when you don't spend any money.
    Bet that wouldn't even have occured to you previously? Amazin'
    Doing good, keep going.
    bb
  • Corona007
    Options
    I think you are probably right bluebag. 4 weeks ago I didn't know the meaning of NSD. Literally.

Anyway. I've just had notifcation from the boffins at NASA that their super-computers have finished calculating my financial affairs for the end of January and they can go back to planning the next space mission or whatever they normally do the rest of the month. So four weeks on from my LBM and where I am? Well my debts now stand at £18,165 which means I have paid off £721 so far.

Not too shabby considering I also paid my sister and brother-in-law back £200 I owed them which wasn't counted in my debt figure. My social life has taken a battering though so I need to get some balance back next month. Oh and Lula, I'm afraid to say I still haven't paid that sack of coins into the bank - secretly I'm hoping someone breaks in and steals it so I can claim it back from my insurance without the hassle. On the plus side though it is making a great door wedge...

Amyway, need to keep the momentum going. I always like February - it is a short month, I have no weddings or birthdays to fork out for and more importantly I do not have to give any of my hard earned cash to that bunch of inept wasters at my local council. Result. :D
  • Lula-Hula
    Options
    ... Oh and Lula, I'm afraid to say I still haven't paid that sack of coins into the bank - secretly I'm hoping someone breaks in and steals it so I can claim it back from my insurance without the hassle. On the plus side though it is making a great door wedge...

:D

Well pm me your address, leave a window open & I'll get my stripey jumper & zorro mask on & be round in the morning ;)

Just kidding :D. Well done on the repayments, that's really going some. Hurray for February, I get paid on the last working day of each month so knowing that it's exactly 4 weeks until the next payday doesnt seem so tedious.

Keep up the good work :T

ps - what's a 'social life' ?
  • shadydaz
    shadydaz Posts: 377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey Corona,

Good to see you are ok. Well done on clearing so much during Jan.
    Was in debt £23k- Not now (12/07-12/10):T
    Did smoke- Not any more (26-02-11):j
    I am not perfect but everyone loves a trier don't they??:A
  • Corona007
    edited 2 February 2010 at 12:06AM
    Options
    Lula-Hula wrote: »
    ps - what's a 'social life' ?

I've just checked the dictionary and it states:

Social Life [soh-shuhl /laɪf/] adjective:

1. of or pertaining to having large debts
    2. living or disposed to life outside of ones means

;)

Like the Zorro idea. Perhaps you could nick my computer whilst at it. I could do with a shiny new laptop ....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business