Forum Home» Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning» Flights, Currency & Car Hire

MSE News: OFT accuses 'puerile' Ryanair of taunting passengers - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search

MSE News: OFT accuses 'puerile' Ryanair of taunting passengers

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flights, Currency & Car Hire
48 replies 4.3K views

Replies

• MrsTine wrote: »
    No we don't! Some of us have no choice because RyanAir have forced the opposition out of the local airports

Isn't that the fault of the other carriers for not having a good enough business model?
    leaving ONLY RyanAir as a carrier option.
    Where on earth do you live?
    Idiotic, unfair and highly doubvious sales tactics
    What's "idiotic, unfair and highly dubious" about them?
    are nothing but another reason to loathe an airline with an extremely poor customer service,
    Ryanair's customer service is actually one of the better ones. Minor name changes are done free, unlike on many charter airlines which will happily charge you a significant amount of money just to change a title from Mr to Mrs. They've also got a very good reputation
    poor facilities
    Explain this one? What do Ryanair have to do with "facilties"?
    and overpriced onboard animal feed pretending to be fit for human consumption.
    If you don't like it, don't buy it. It's certainly no worse than the garbage handed out by many legacy airlines!
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
    books are lying on the floor.
    The books are sitting just there on the floor.
  • Edinburghlass_2Edinburghlass_2 Forumite
    32.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i might fly with ryanair one day just as an experiment to see if i can get a flight for next to nothing

The only time I've been asked to do a survey in an airport was while I was waiting on a 1p Ryan Air flight, I was asked what I had paid for my flights :j

I've done many a flight just because it was 1p, cheap flight = more money to spend on a good hotel if you are staying overnight although I have done a few day trips to Dublin and taken friends there for lunch as a birthday treat.

Last visit to Dublin I was chatting to the guy next to me who uses Ryan Air weekly for work and while chatting explained we had decided on a round trip using the Dart, he very kindly took us to the local bus stops for the right bus without having to go into the city centre, paid our fares and spoke to the driver as to where we should get off and pointed out the places he thought would interest us on our journey, got to love the Irish for being so friendly and helpful.
  • MargDMargD Forumite
    3 posts
    This is strange because myself and my husband have just booked two flights to Dublin with Ryanair (going on a Friday and back on a Monday) all in for £40. We were not charged for using Visa Electron and it still says that it is free on the website. Nor were we charged any fees or taxes on the return flight. We're more than happy because we know that we get what we pay for.
  • With few exceptions RyanAir charges for things that passengers have to do anyway - like check in. So why not just lump the lot together rather than the ridiculous "transparency". These are not options that they are offering at all. Personally I'd rather fly anybody else. There's cheap and there's being treated like scum. Ryanair does the latter in my opinion.
  • Edinburghlass_2Edinburghlass_2 Forumite
    32.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well funnily enough I've never been treated like "scum" on a Ryan Air flight but then I subscribe to the saying "treat others as you would like to be treated yourself" and the word "scum" isn't in my vocabulary, about anyone :)
  • Hear Hear, why do some people hate to see a successful business. I remember when it cost £80 in 1970 to fly Heathrow to Aldergrove (Belfast International), 5 weeks wages for me. Now I can fly for £10 return from Stansted to (London)Derry and no hidden charges.

If you can't read the terms and abide by the rules on hand luggage etc then you need to consider whether you should be allowed to travel by air at all. And you are not forced to buy anything on board but in fact the tea and hot drinks are perfectably acceptable.

It's great fun to knock Ryanair but just watch the other airlines copy his business model, or wish that they had the balls to do so.
  • whatmichaelsayswhatmichaelsays Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    kilrail wrote: »
    And you are not forced to buy anything on board but in fact the tea and hot drinks are perfectably acceptable.

Agree.

I'd love to know that the chemical is inside people's bodies that makes then suddenly need to eat something the second that an airplane door shuts.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • I'd love to know that the chemical is inside people's bodies that makes then suddenly need to eat something the second that an airplane door shuts.

Because..because...THEY DESERVE IT.

I really don't think people understand the concept of choice.
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
    books are lying on the floor.
    The books are sitting just there on the floor.
  • To me there are a number of reasons for not flying Ryanair, but the hidden charges are not one; you see the full price before you pay. I have not proceeded to book at times, I'm sure no one has to book.

I have been caught out by Ryanair changing the flight without notifying me, or telling me my Passport was not in good enough condition when other carriers had no issue.

I do not like the way they treat their staff, the irony to me is that most of the bargain hunters on these flights would be complaining like hell if they were treated the same where they work.

I believe that the mark up on the extra charges are way beyond the cost to Ryanair.

I would like to design a coat that turns into a bag, so passengers can wear it when boarding, and carry it at the other end.

These days I do not even bother looking at the prices, I figure that any airline that will charge me a small fortune if I forget to take my self printed boarding pass, is best avoided. I'm sure they even know on average what percentage of punters will forget, so how much they are going to rake in!
  • As customers, the way we can force Ryanair to rethink their arrogant business methods is to vote with our feet.

My wife and I will be booking a flight to Dusseldorf later in the month. Ryan air is not on the list of choices and will not be until their sharp practices end.

Flying these days is a stressful enough experience without all this added aggravation !

Airlines of choice ? BMI Baby and Easyjet

StuartR2
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support