Eager Elephant's Effective Everyday Excursion ...

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,410 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Have a nice day & eat cake :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.

• Ooh plans, plans, plans - I love planning:rotfl:

Me too - Elephants Love Plans!!

Just calling in to say Hello EE, well done on the overdraft :) Enjoy the rest of the festivities! Stripes xx
    Barclaycard CC TBC
    Santander CC TBC
    JD Williams TBC
    Evans CC TBC
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Thanks for the birthday wishes - I have had a lovely Xmas and birthday. No credit cards used - I think this is the first year we have not used our credit cards or cancelled bills to be able to afford Xmas for over 14 year (Last year we did save for Xmas but the cat got ill just before Xmas and I had to use the money to pay the vet).

Today we have been out to a Panto - this was a Xmas present from Relative. We were going to eat out afterwards but then I managed to persuade everyone we would come home to gammon cooked in coke with chips. I left it in the slow cooker all day so it was cooked when we got back, 15 mins for chips and I saved us about £40.

This clearing debt lark is quite infectious:rotfl:

So just to recap, I cleared the Santander credit card in 12 weeks and then they offered me a 0% for 1 year so I moved £1k from my Halifax card which was at 27.45%:eek: leaving £1.3k on it (most at 6.56%, just £180 at the higher interest).
    I also managed to clear the Santander overdraft which was costing me between £20 - £30 per month in fees.

So my new challenge is to clear the Halifax credit card - the balance is £1323.86.

I want to clear it by the start of the new financial year which is 14 weeks away:eek:

The logic behind this is that at the moment one of my contracts at work ends on 31/3, if it is not renewed I will only be working 16 hours per week (instead of full time) and won't have much spare money:(.

My other challenge is to declutter the house - I am joining Igamogam in trying to get rid of 1 item a day. So the main aim is for 365 things over the year - I can see me doing loads in the next week as I am off work for another week and then not as much after that.

As part of the declutter I will be clearing the shed (former outside loo) and making a pantry as our kitchen cupboards are tiny and I want to only shop monthly if I can.

So to start me off I have made a PAD of £28.00 to Halifax.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Forgot to say that I got given a Kindle by relative for joint Xmas/birthday - I am so grateful to him for his gift.

Hopefully I can do some more surveys now as I can sit in bed and do them rather than sit at the computer desk. I am keeping up with YouGov and haven't got long to go until my next claim as I won 2000 points earlier this month.
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Happy belated birthday EE :beer::beer:

Well done on your debt repayments.... I am sure you will hit your goal in 2015!!
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • millionaire_in_training
    Options
    Happy belated birthday EE. I love my kindle but have so many real books to read I have put it aside just now so I can declutter the books !!
    5 Year plan. April 2020 to June 2025- CC and mortgage free by time I'm 60
    Currently CC £23,674.36 /£14,895.41/£14315.42
    Mortgage £28,214.65/ £26,254.71/ £25,746.43
    By end 2020 I want CC at £ 19,000.00.
    By end 2021 I want CC at £10,000.00
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Happy belated birthday EE. I love my kindle but have so many real books to read I have put it aside just now so I can declutter the books !!

I was just telling jet9cat on the PAD thread that I have downloaded loads of free books on my Kindle but have a huge pile of normal books to read which will help my declutter too so these need to take priority!!
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Had a busy day today - been off work so have been tidying and decluttering. Loads of things by the front door waiting to go but nothing has actually left the house yet.

Paid another £29 to Halifax - I will get this card cleared in 14 weeks!!!
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi EE, saw you over on the PAD thread & just dropped by for a visit. Well done on clearing your O/D. :beer:
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,060, Car loan 2 £10,843 . Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • Ali-OK
    Ali-OK Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Bit late to the party, but a belated Happy Birthday and happy decluttering :D

Your PADs are fab - well done :T
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

CC - £3,300 on 0% til 04/2020
    CC - £4,500 on 0% til 02/2019
    Loan - £12,063.84 as at 4/1/18
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts