Options
    NatWest - Walsall (Park Street) :j
    David :)
    £1 of debt is too much for me!
  • stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The Natwest CDM machines are live now so the money credits your account straight away BTW.
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • geofferino
    Options
    stclair wrote: »
    The Natwest CDM machines are live now so the money credits your account straight away BTW.

I just rang what I thought was the central branch in Sheffield (42 High Street) but got transferred to a call centre in Manchester. The guy I got didn't know what I was talking about when I asked if this branch had a coin deposit machine and when he figured out what it was he guessed that as it's a central branch, it 'probably' will have one. I asked him if it would take loose change or if it had to be bagged and he said it would have to be bagged.

Confusing to say the least. I still don't think he understood what I was asking and if I can't speak to the branch directly I'm gonna have to lug a big bag of change down there and hope they do have one after all.

Do you have any information that could clarify the situation for me? Thanks!
  • coolesticeking
    Options
    geofferino wrote: »
    I just rang what I thought was the central branch in Sheffield (42 High Street) but got transferred to a call centre in Manchester. The guy I got didn't know what I was talking about when I asked if this branch had a coin deposit machine and when he figured out what it was he guessed that as it's a central branch, it 'probably' will have one. I asked him if it would take loose change or if it had to be bagged and he said it would have to be bagged.

Confusing to say the least. I still don't think he understood what I was asking and if I can't speak to the branch directly I'm gonna have to lug a big bag of change down there and hope they do have one after all.

If they do have a one of the machines in branch, you simply put the card in select Pay In --> Coins and you just input all the coins you have at once - Does not matter if it's a £1, £1.01 etc it just counts what it has and spits anything out it does not like - You check the amount on screen and agree if you are happy.

I guess if you mean at the counter, if it's a very busy branch for time I think they would prefer it to be bagged in the correct amounts.
    David :)
    £1 of debt is too much for me!
  • stclair
    Options

Ill try and find out for you tomorrow :D
  • geofferino
    Options
    If they do have a one of the machines in branch, you simply put the card in select Pay In --> Coins and you just input all the coins you have at once - Does not matter if it's a £1, £1.01 etc it just counts what it has and spits anything out it does not like - You check the amount on screen and agree if you are happy.

I guess if you mean at the counter, if it's a very busy branch for time I think they would prefer it to be bagged in the correct amounts.

Thanks for that, I have loads of coins that don't fit into the usual denominations of a tenner of 20ps, but wanted to clear out my change jar, so that's good news :)
    stclair wrote: »
    Ill try and find out for you tomorrow :D

Thanks, but I think I'll go and take a look anyway, as my girlfriend is with HSBC and her branch is just up the road. If push comes to shove, I'll just pay it into her account.

Thanks for the help guys. It's a shame there isn't more comprehensive information available on the bank websites!
  • stclair
    Options
    Thanks for that, I have loads of coins that don't fit into the usual denominations of a tenner of 20ps, but wanted to clear out my change jar, so that's good news :)

Thanks, but I think I'll go and take a look anyway, as my girlfriend is with HSBC and her branch is just up the road. If push comes to shove, I'll just pay it into her account.

Thanks for the help guys. It's a shame there isn't more comprehensive information available on the bank websites!

I can confirm that the sheffield city centre branch does have a Cash Deposit Machine.

I hope this help ;-)
  • dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    obeowen wrote: »
    Does anyone have an up to date list? Or know where I can get onr from?

I collect coins for charity and would love to use this facility

Why dont all banks invest in them?

Obe

Because they are expensive and not receive sufficient use in small branches to justify the cost? And some banks don't want change in the first place.

Their use is expanding though and will probably continue to do so. In fact in some HSBC branches they are the only way of paying in.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure