2010: New Year, New Flat, New Plan.........

Options
Hi everyone

As I was bored at work, I thought I should start a new thread for 2010. My debt free in 1,000 days diary can be found here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1981225

This challenge didn't work out but I did clear one debt through it so it wasn't a complete loss.

So my new diary will run until 2012 when the plan is that I will be debt free. I have joined Dragon's Olympic Challenge and I think that is do-able and more realistic than 1,000 days. I am starting my new DMP with CCCS from February (by the time I have sent all the bits and pieces off to them) and they reckon it will take 4 years to clear my debts. So I will have to cut around 18 months off that. I am hoping to do that with F&Fs.

I move into my new flat on 9th January which is going to be a fantastic move for me. Less rent, less council tax and cheaper bills. It is completely brand new too so I am going to love it. Hoping that my health will benefit too as my house is soooo cold at the moment (I have Cystic Fibrosis).

For 2010, I plan on cutting out all of the extra bits I used to do to make money, and just concentrate on working for 63336 (AQA) and entering competitions again to get extra cash (I used to win loads from them so will go for a big cash win ;)). I think I will be more than happy to sit in my new flat night after night earning money and winning prizes :D.

At the moment, I am concentrating on moving and getting my old house packed up so I can move into the new one. I am going to do a daily to-do list to keep me focused:
  1. Bank coins (£12)
  2. Go and see flat :D
  3. Do another load of washing (even thought I can't hang it up to dry until the current stuff is dry)
  4. Sort out my overflowing drawer of toiletries
  5. Clear other bedside cabinet
  6. Clear present cupboard
  7. Clear 2 smaller wardrobes
  8. Wrap friend's present and write cards out for her and other friend for next week.
  9. Do washing up
  10. Take out rubbish
I am currently at work so will have to get them done tonight.

So there we have it, a new year and a new life. Here's to being debt free by mid 2012 :beer:.

Emily x

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,406 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy shiney new diary hun :)
    Bring it on :)
    Hope 2010 is happy healthy & solvent for us both :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • jo1972
    jo1972 Posts: 8,901 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello Emily,

Haven't spoken to you for yonks! Sounds like things are moving in the right direction for you :D

Good luck in your new flat :)

I'll have to keep up with this diary and watch your progress xx
    DFW Nerd no. 496 - Proud to be dealing with my debts!!
  • beanielou
    Options
    jo~Just love your avi:D
    Hes my hero:rotfl::smileyhea:grinheart
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• babyhead
    babyhead Posts: 731 Forumite
    Options
    Happy New Diary :D

Here's hoping the new year is full of happiness xx

:j
    DFW Nerd #1152
  • ehallett
    ehallett Posts: 1,960 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for all of the good wishes.

I have just been to view the flat. OMG!!!! It is gorgeous :dance:. Lovely thick carpets, washer/dryer, brand new fridge freezer, soooo many kitchen cupboards, massive double door in living room that opens onto my juliette balcony and there are already curtains and light fittings in there too. I didn't want to leave!!

I am picking the keys up on 9th January at 11am. :j:j

It's a good job it's not busy at work today as I can't concentrate on anything now!!

Emily x
  • postingalwaysposting
    Options
    Happy new diary Emily. Its lovely to see everything working for you just now. I am sure 2010 will be a fab year for you. Happy new flat too :D I have always followed you and you are an inspiration... Keep plodding :j

Pap
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    That sounds Lovely! Bet you just cannot wait!!

Good luck xxxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Sounds just fantastic :)

• ehallett
    ehallett Posts: 1,960 Forumite
    Options
    ehallett wrote: »
    1. [STRIKE]Bank coins (£25)[/STRIKE]
    2. [STRIKE]Go and see flat :D[/STRIKE]
    3. [STRIKE]Do another load of washing (even thought I can't hang it up to dry until the current stuff is dry)[/STRIKE]
    4. [STRIKE]Sort out my overflowing drawer of toiletries[/STRIKE]
    5. [STRIKE]Clear other bedside cabinet[/STRIKE]
    6. [STRIKE]Clear present cupboard[/STRIKE]
    7. [STRIKE]Clear 2 smaller wardrobes[/STRIKE]
    8. [STRIKE]Wrap friend's present and write cards out for her and other friend for next week.[/STRIKE]
    9. [STRIKE]Do washing up[/STRIKE]
    10. [STRIKE]Take out rubbish[/STRIKE]

Yet another clean sweep tonight. At this rate, I might be able to stay at my mum's all next week. I even found another Christmas present for my sister that I had forgotten about - she is really pleased!! :rotfl:

Tomorrow's list:
    1. Clear all rubbish from my room
    2. Take the boxes that I have packed downstairs
    3. Pack away soft toys
    4. Sort out medication cupboard
    5. Pack back ready to go to my mum's for New Years Eve
    6. Put another load of washing on and hang up the load I did tonight
    7. Clear the other cupboards above my bed
    8. Clear out food cupboard
    9. Clear out cupboard downstairs
    10. Clear one kitchen cupboard
    I have a lot of cupboards!!

Emily x
  • xHayles84x
    Options
    Hi Emily,

I have always read your diary and have been so inspired by you because whatever life throws at you you don't let it get in your way. Well done for all your hard work in 2009, you deserve an amazing 2010, and an amazing life in your new flat.

I'll definitely be keeping up with your diary and subscribing.

P.S - you don't set yourself easy lists do you :D
    The very best things in life ... are free! :D

Challenges for 2010: Sealed pot challenge n.o.855 - £365 in 365 days challenge (pay for xmas in 2010) £21 - Make £5 a day in Jan challenge £0.00/£155
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure