2010: New Year, New Flat, New Plan.........

Options

Comments

• domesticgoddess789
    Options
    Hi ehallett!

just popping into your diary after you posted on mine today. wanted to wish you the best of luck with your challenges for 2010.

here's to becoming debt free:beer:

Happy New Year,

Hayley
    Money paid out from Topcashback so far= £105.89 :j
    No buying magazines in 2011 Challenge- Number bought to date= 0 :)

• Starry_Skies
    Options
    Happy New Year Emily! Here's to making things happen in 2010 :beer:

Starry Skies x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,626 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy new flat in 2010 hun :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ehallett
    ehallett Posts: 1,960 Forumite
    Options
    _party_Happy New Year everyone _party_

Just having a quiet day at my mum's today. I haven't been slacking though. Have already begun work on 63336 (AQA). I've done 22 questions and am hoping to get 100 done before the day is finished.

Going to pop home quickly in a minute to see if I have any post from yesterday and put a wash on that I can hang out to dry tomorrow.

I thought I would set some goals for 2010. I am in the Olympic challenge but obviously that doesn't finish for a couple of years. So my goals are:
    1. Get my weight up to 8 stone by 31st December 2010. I currently weigh 7st 9lbs so this might not seem like a big deal, but I find it really hard to put weight on and keep it on, mainly due to my illness and the fact that my family are all very slim.
    2. Half my debt. I currently owe £33,251 so would need to get that down to £16,625.50.
    3. Keep my flat clean and clutter free throughout the year.
    4. Save up my Boots, Tesco and Nectar points throughout the year so I won't have to spend any money on Christmas presents. Also save up Amazon and any other vouchers.
    Have a good day.

Emily xx
  • gwen80
    gwen80 Posts: 2,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Emily

I've been reading your new diary and just wanted to say that it's great you're sounding so positive. Your new flat sounds lovely, it's a fabulous start to a fabulous year :beer:

Good luck!

Gwenx
    Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending
  • ehallett
    ehallett Posts: 1,960 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I spent the day with my OH and packing up stuff. Not much more to do now. We cleaned the garden and shed out this morning which was my most dreaded job! I am so looking forward to not having a garden to worry about.

I sold an old hoover of my mum's for £20 and she let me buy a new duvet cover with it. A lovely pink embroided one in the sale. Very me!! Will look lovely in the flat.

OH and I went to the cinema last night (his treat). Saw the new Sherlock Holmes movie because I have a strange thing for Robert Downey Jr (my sister thinks it's strange anyway!!). It was quite good, very clever. I love going to the cinema. Must get my disabled cinema card renewed so we can get 1 ticket free when we go.

So, I am going to do a list of tasks for up until I move now:
    1. Pack away clothes
    2. Take bed apart
    3. Clear out kitchen cupboards
    4. Clear out bathroom
    5. Clean bathroom
    6. Clean bedroom
    7. Hoover bedroom
    8. Take nets down in bedroom
    9. Replace toilet seat (they are not having my silver sparkling toilet seat!!)
    10. Call utilities companies to tell them I am leaving the property
    11. Call BT about phoneline
    12. Return heater to my BIL
    13. Organise boxes better
    14. Clean kitchen
    15. Hoover downstairs
    I think that is it. If there is more that I think of when I get home, I will add to it. I'm going to try and do 5 jobs a day from tomorrow. Going to have a relaxing night tonight.

My mum has just ordered me a couple of bean bags from Tesco to tide me over until my sofa gets delivered. Bless her :A.

Off home to the cold house now.

Emily xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,626 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Not long now!!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • stressed.mum
    Options
    Good luck in your new home Emily, hope everything goes well for you this year.

I just wanted to say - My son has a CEA card - we lost it, but told the cinema we had one and they still gave us a carers ticket, just signed the form as normal - HTH

Stressed xxx
    Hoping to stick to the challenge this year!!
    Make £5 a day for 366 started Dec 2019
    YTD £ £ 78.23/£1£1,825
    Cash - £ 48.23 Vouchers - £ 30

Wombling into 2020 £38.78
  • Bagpuss741
    Bagpuss741 Posts: 2,290 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thank you so much for the info regarding the disabled cinema pass, I'm in receipt of DLA and didn't know about this:A Good luck with everything Emily, let me know when the flatwarming is:D;)
    Tesco: £1361.19, Vanquis: £2644.73, Very: £563.08, Next: £1636.95, M&S: £1049.92. As of 5th February 2024. Slava Ukraini
  • GreyhoundAngel
    Options
    Hi Em :hello:

Just popping in to say Happy New Diary and to wish you all the best in for 2010 AND in your new pad no less :T:beer:

G:A x
    ~ On the Road to Making Dreams Happen ~
    January £10 a Day Challenge £ 0.00 / £750 - (Running Total £1,512.11)
    52 Week Challenge £ 0.00 / £1,378

Debt Owed £23,200 / £19,251 - Mtge Owed Bal £140,000 / £130,940 - Total Debt Balance Owed : £163,200 / £150,191
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure