January 2010 Grocery Challenge

edited 28 December 2009 at 10:52PM in Old Style MoneySaving
1.8K replies 123.7K views

Replies

• PablosmummyPablosmummy Forumite
    378 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Just updated my sig for the week so far - not much left :eek: but I actually have enough main meals in and lunches for me to last until the end of the challenge so we should be ok. Just need top ups of salad (for the guinea pigs) milk and probably flour.

Going to attempt to make some bagels today as that will save alot each month as OH takes them to work for lunch - my last attempt was a disaster so I'm not going to rely on them.
    May Grocery Challenge -£216/400
  • Morning all,ive had NSDs since saturday and am going shopping tomorrow,don't normally report on my NSDs but im having withdrawals from not posting anything on here:rotfl:
    Sorry to hear alot of you are suffering with the snow,hope it clears up for you soon.Where we are is very windy outside..not much fun as makes things colder inside! Am buying some chicken tomorrow to cook in my steamer,have never done this before but im getting more adventurous in my cooking since following these threads:D
    £365 in 365 days challenge(dec 09/ dec 10)£62 banked:D
    Feb GC /£390(me,DH,DD(17),DS(12)2dogs)
    (food,drink,household goods,toiletries,petrol)
    Drop one thing in 2010 challenge-Magazines
    50,000 situps by end of 2010 1024/20,000(own target):)
  • SunnyGirlSunnyGirl Forumite
    2.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just updating signature with todays shopping. £75.96 so I'm very pleased :T My budget of £80 per week would allow me to be have spent £160 by now so nicely under. I couldn't do this for so many people if I didn't shop at Netto & Asda for extra bits that Netto don't sell and meat. It used to have a bad reputation for the stuff being low quality, especially fruit & veg, but I can honestly say that that doesn't apply any more :D I find Netto better than my local Lidl now and Aldi is getting almost as expensive as Tesco imho.

Anyway enough of my ramblings my Dad is coming down to have his hair cut (well clippered with a number 5 all over ;)) so I had better get sorted.

Hope everyone is ok and coping in yet more snow :rolleyes:
    A G&T a day keeps the doctor away :p
  • Hi All, sorry I haven't been on I have been pottering about for the last few days. Still managing to be good and did the shopping on sunday having planned the meals for the week.
    Spent £27.42 and am keeping money for the weekend trip to pizza hut with the voucher we have.

Keep up the good work everyone............am going to try a HM chicken pie this week.
    GC = £150.58/£250
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Hi chums ,
    I'm thrilled skinny I went to Mr Ts this morning, and its only the second time this month I have been to the shops.Only spent £11.21 so in total since Jan 1st I have only spent £23.99 Yippee I'm in the money
    Probably have to use my savings to pay the fuel bills in March though ,still at least I am using up my freezer stuff more now
    JackieO
  • daisy1973 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear alot of you are suffering with the snow,

I spoke too soon...snowing here now:rolleyes:
    £365 in 365 days challenge(dec 09/ dec 10)£62 banked:D
    Feb GC /£390(me,DH,DD(17),DS(12)2dogs)
    (food,drink,household goods,toiletries,petrol)
    Drop one thing in 2010 challenge-Magazines
    50,000 situps by end of 2010 1024/20,000(own target):)
  • Can I join please? I know its abit late in the month but I must get better at knowing how much I spend on food!

Is just me and the OH so we are hoping to start off on £160 a month but hoping to get that down to nearer £100 later in the year.

So far have spent £88.91/£160 and now have a freezer well stocked up with curry sauce, soup and mince.
    Expecting Baby No 1 - 20/06/14 - Team Yellow!
  • Well yesterday I was agreeing with Nessa56 that I couldn't think of anything else that I need and today I managed to spend £6.61 in sainsburys & £4.98 in Mr A's. Not quite sure why really. I was only doing a search for Wii Just Dance! In Sainsbury's I was using up vouchers on some Indian ready meals that I got from the Good Food Show that were due to expire soon but really just looking at the receipt now, I am thinking how expensive they were originally anyway - nearly as much as a takeaway! (Will update signature now, rather begrudingly I have to say!)
    Grocery aim £450pm.Spent £519 August, £584 July, £544 June, £541 May, £549 April, £517 March, £517 Feb,£555 Jan, £573 Dec, £465Nov, £561Oct, £493Sept, £426Aug,£496 Jul, £528Jun, £506May,£498April, £558 March, £500Feb, £500 Jan, £490 Dec, £555 Nov,£566 Oct, £505Sept, £450Aug, £410 July, £437 June, £491 May, £471 April, £440 March, £552Feb, £462Jan
  • Rachel021967Rachel021967 Forumite
    1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Spent £1 on a cup-a-soup at the Health Centre Cafe to warm myself up after the 3 mile trek to get there. Had to go through town on my way back so spent £1.70 on diet coke (just because "I'm worth it", problem is I have to many "I'm worth it" moments and they soon add up). Also spent £3.50 on a box of chocolates for my girls as the elder 2 babysat my youngest whilst I was at the doctors. Younger one got some to. I have updated my signature.
  • Hi everyone - updated my total again, had to pop out for some essentials,we were down to our last Toilet Roll:eek: and after reading on here that the Co-op had Nouvelle at half price (thanks to whoever posted, sorry can't remember who) I thought I'd pay them a visit. Also picked up a whoopsied Organic chicken, whoopsied british bacon, ICBINB etc etc so really pleased with what I got.:D

Off now to put Dinner together, going to make some HM meatballs which I will serve with some HM Tomato sauce from the freezer, think I might serve it with Jacket spuds instead of pasta as the potato will be more filling in this Snowy weather.:cool:

Hope you are all keeping safe and well in this Cold snap.;)
    "WASTE NOT, WANT NOT!"
    GC for OH, myself, DD18 & DD16 includes Toiletries, cleaning stuff & Food.