The use it or lose it challenge - please join in

Options

Comments

• sallymander
    Options
    Hey everyone, I have got through a Facewash, shampoo, conditioner, novel and sachet of sauce mix so all heading in the right direction, (its quite daft that I get excited about these things!)

Keep plugging on

Sally x
    Official DFW Nerd Club No. 1150 - Long Haul Supporters Club No 186 - Debt free 26.5.17
    Proud to have dealt with my debts
  • sallymander
    Options
    P.s. forgot - a bottle of bleach has gone from the cleaning cupboard too!
    Official DFW Nerd Club No. 1150 - Long Haul Supporters Club No 186 - Debt free 26.5.17
    Proud to have dealt with my debts
  • boogoose
    Options
    HI all, not been on forum for a few days, still plugging away at bathroom cabinet and kitchen cupboards. Have even made some bread to use up some dried yeast I got from a freebie site.
    Keep at it everyone!!
    :icotbaske Hoping to be debt free in 3 years in time for 25th anniversary.
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I've been trying to tackle the ironing pile today, and will continue tomorrow, as there are probably about 200 things to iron. Two people simply do not need this many clothes, so I'm trying to filter out at least 1 in 5 items to put on ebay.
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 4 March 2010 at 12:04AM
    Options
    Hi all

Am binning all old CL cases, solutions and yes even the lenses themselves as I am moving types.. (on a free trial of course!;))
    Also DDs finished mouthwash and I dug out new tube of hair remover that had forgotten about from huge stash in cupboard. Am LOVING this thread..wouldn't have looked before and just bought some new stuff, knowing me:p
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • boogoose
    boogoose Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, listing more stuff on e-bay and have enlisted OH in 'blitzing' spare (junk) room today instead of going out on his motorbike....either I'm getting super persuasive or he is up to something....
    Keep losing or using xx
    :icotbaske Hoping to be debt free in 3 years in time for 25th anniversary.
  • makeup
    makeup Posts: 1,633 Forumite
    Options
    I'm quite pleased with my progress so far, really feel like I'm focussing on using up what I have.

Someone at work brings in the Avon catalogue and normally I'd be throught it ordering all sorts of fancy things. I did buy from it but only things I will actually use that were all really good prices (shower gel, 2in1 shampoo for gym etc)

I had one of those £5 off vouchers from Boots not that long ago and was all set to get a facewash as it is something you can get with a small spend but then I remembered that I have 3 or 4 already waiting to be used up in my drawers at home and stopped myself. Just because it is cheap, doesn't mean i have to buy it!!!!
    I've got my own flat :j:j

Now I have to pay the bills :eek:

And feed my interiors addiction ;)
  • Swinstie73
    Swinstie73 Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

Not been on for a while either, three boxes of clothes/shoes/bags etc gone to charity, can see floor space. Also just used up a bath foam, toiletries don't seem to be going down but also not being buying them so can only be good.
  • bloojeans
    bloojeans Posts: 178 Forumite
    Options
    makeup wrote: »
    I'm quite pleased with my progress so far, really feel like I'm focussing on using up what I have.

Someone at work brings in the Avon catalogue and normally I'd be throught it ordering all sorts of fancy things. I did buy from it but only things I will actually use that were all really good prices (shower gel, 2in1 shampoo for gym etc)

I had one of those £5 off vouchers from Boots not that long ago and was all set to get a facewash as it is something you can get with a small spend but then I remembered that I have 3 or 4 already waiting to be used up in my drawers at home and stopped myself. Just because it is cheap, doesn't mean i have to buy it!!!!

avon !!!! i stopped that too, girl at work has it. Rediculous the stuff i was buying. Had lotions and potions of all kinds. i am using up what i have. Take me a year to get throught it all

Jo x
    Thankyou to all who have the good heart to help me.
    Current weight 14-0 lossed 10lb Looking to save £s and shed lbs
    Christmas 2010 £14 (£2 coins) Savings £12 Emergency Fund £10. Even if you are the right track, you will get ran over if you stand still

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 15 March 2010 at 11:58PM
    Options
    Yes I am finding it a really useful reminder..have bought no toiletries for family in 2010 yet..a minor miracle or maybe even a major one. I have even held out against the junior mouthwash the kids were asking me for (may capitulate on grounds of encouraging dental hygiene though!).Took some of my many hotel samples on holiday last week and they lasted us very well..

This is a GREAT challenge. Am loving it!!
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure