🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

What is salad? blog discussion

Options
12346»

Comments

• mattogier
    mattogier Posts: 605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    annie-c wrote:
    We've been here before Matt :rotfl:

The beans are cooked but served cold, and there is more than one type , so together they constitute salad.

The dressing, as ever, is an optional extra. :D

:naughty: Naah - what you got is MIXED BEANS (Cold) - you want a salad you gotta dress 'em!

**SINGS** WE SHALL NOT, WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED etc...
    :Dmattogier
    Total Debt Including Mortgage:
    [strike]July 2006 - £179k[/strike] [strike]July 2007 - £159k[/strike] [strike]October 2007 - £154k[/strike] [strike]December 2007 -149k October 2008 - £126,525.40[/strike]
    December 2008 : £120,040.38
    Target: Debt Free before the 2012 Olympics :j
  • Hi there, everyone. This really is a fascinating question. I was in fact scouring google for the answer to "define - salad" and I have to say, there was no consistent answer. Maybe that's the answer. A salad is what we call it?
    To throw in my 2-dollars worth of opinion, a salad generally is a raw vegetable and/or fruit mix to which other foods can be added, and to which a dressing can be added prior to service or added when the individual adds the dressing on his or her own plate.
    The size of the pieces are irrelevant, although like any vegetables and fruit, we often cut them to release their juices, to change texture, or to make hard vegetables like carrots etc easier to impale with the fork and also easier to bite/chew.
    A salad can be just one vegetable, served raw with a dressing.
    It can be a combination of raw fruit and vegetables, along with a pasta base or a rice base or other carbs. The predominance of raw F&V in the dish is what helps to define it as a salad.

I've enjoyed reading all the posts here, its great insight into food and perception!!

Best regards,
    Terri
    https://www.goodfoodrecipes.com/goodfoodrecipes.html
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business