We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 9

1…394395397399400…1193

Comments

  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Glamazon wrote: »
    AND SO THE RANDOM EVENING SCREAMING COMMENCES!

    oops caps lock :o

    My friends LO done this and HV said that some babies have a 'crying time'.

    (however in this case the wee thing was starving, and went onto solids and it stopped,not saying this is Jack tho)
  • Jakesmummy
    Jakesmummy Posts: 997 Forumite
    Evening everyones,

    mel hope kai feels better soon, jasmine had tonsilitus a few months ago, it was before she was on solids and I couldnt get her to take any milk it was awful! the penicilin started working really quickly though so i bet u see some improvements tomorrow,

    my electric bills have been shocking, in fact what tia put is pretty much my normal bill:o, I have been trying to be more 'efficient' though so im hoping the next one will be better, and Im just dreading my next gas bill after all this cold weather, ive had to have the heating on pretty much constant, but what can you do if you can see your breath when its not on!!

    x
  • Jakesmummy
    Jakesmummy Posts: 997 Forumite
    aless02 wrote: »
    also, don't mind if ppl want to add on FB - my i'm on the list, but initials r MB.:o:o

    any1 using farmville know how to get rid of xmas tree??

    you have to use the delete spade thing in the bottom right corner. I took my farmville decrations down the other day lol
  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,010
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Forumite
    tiamai_d wrote: »
    Mel, the problem is the tap. Dh came in, looked at it (with a hammer) and then the how water stopped too. But washing machine still works works so it must be the tap. It's ancient. Will get a new one.

    Hmmm, wonder if the scottish gas boiler repair thing covers the kitchen tap?

    Aaaaah, right.....did the hammer help his eyesight;)

    D'ya know what I love tools...dh bought me a chisel from B & Q this afternoon, I was so excited when he brought it home. I kept exclaiming what a nice chisel it was:o
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    harley1 wrote: »
    Weezl - don't think I've mentioned it before but regarding your possible map tummy, have you tried the Clarins Stretch Mark Control Cream. Think it's fairly expensive but the nice counter lady gave me a free (full size) tube and it worked wonders. Not a stretch mark on my tummy at all.

    What a shame I didn't use it on my thighs!!!!!!
    a whole free one?! wow well done:rotfl::T:money:What did you say?

    hiya aless, thanks for spinningbabies link I've been looking at it quite a bit:A

    :hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    emlou2009 wrote: »
    How the fack are you getting such high scores on collapse?? I cant top 60k and I've been putting loads of effort in :rotfl:



    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Read the instructions and the bit just before you press play changes daily. Some days you can hit the top, others you can't. Also clicking the bottom bar makes it go faster for more points. ;) It's the only game I'm good at!
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • feelinggood_2
    feelinggood_2 Posts: 11,115 Forumite
    Okay, I've got an airmail parcel that weighs 110g (call it 120g to be safe) which the website says is £1.31. I've also got a first class one £1.28. Anyone know what normal first class, large first class and second class stamps are 'worth'?
    Stay-at-home, attached Mummy to a 23lb 10oz, 11 month old baby boy.
  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,010
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Forumite
    Jakesmummy wrote: »
    Evening everyones,

    mel hope kai feels better soon, jasmine had tonsilitus a few months ago, it was before she was on solids and I couldnt get her to take any milk it was awful! the penicilin started working really quickly though so i bet u see some improvements tomorrow,

    Thanks, it is terrible isn't it. He is just whimpering/crying pretty much constantly. I should have taken him to the docs this morning really, but couldn't work out if it was anything more than just 'under the weather' sort of temp! He has had one dose of penicilin, if he wakes in the night I will give him another one then, try and get as many in him as quick as possible....
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • harley1
    harley1 Posts: 1,350 Forumite
    weezl74 wrote: »
    a whole free one?! wow well done:rotfl::T:money:What did you say?

    hiya aless, thanks for spinningbabies link I've been looking at it quite a bit:A

    Absolutely nothing. Actually I was quite gutted cos I was only about 4 months preg, had barely told anyone, and she sidled up to me in the shop and asked if I was expecting as she had something for me. When I sheepishly said yes but thought I was hiding it better than that she just said she had the 'knack' and handed me this full size tube. About £25 worth. not sure if it was guilt that she gave me a big one or if that was what she meant to offer in the first place. Any way it lasted tummy and boobs until 2 days before due date and not a mark in sight. Thighs and knees (what is that about?) are a different matter.

    xxxx
    Cross Stitch Challenge member 11 - May challenge well under way

    Very proud mummy to Gorgeous baby girl - 29/09/09 :j

    Thanks to all who directed me to Quidco - £289.30 since Nov 09 :beer:
  • harley1
    harley1 Posts: 1,350 Forumite
    Cross Stitch Challenge member 11 - May challenge well under way

    Very proud mummy to Gorgeous baby girl - 29/09/09 :j

    Thanks to all who directed me to Quidco - £289.30 since Nov 09 :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.