MBNA Advise Needed

Options
124»

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    cpaterson3 wrote: »
    I always send letters by recorded delivery and the post office website confirms that my 2nd letter was delivered on 7th Jan 2010. It's just the date at the top of my letter that is concerning me, as they might be using that to delay their decision.

So, that's why I am asking if it is such a problem and maybe it's better for myself to call them.

Cheers,

That's right, and yes give them a call on this to make sure hun, they should be able to confirm this to you.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • cpaterson3
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    That's right, and yes give them a call on this to make sure hun, they should be able to confirm this to you.;)

Does anyone have the direct number to call them on? Or will I just have to go through customer services?
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Found some details on here.;)

http://www.mbna.co.uk/contact/index.html
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • cpaterson3
    Options
    Good afternoon all,

As you can tell, MBNA are nothing short of mucking me about. I still haven't received any letter from them, although it was sent by recorded delivery on 5th Jan and they got it 7th Jan.

Anyway, I decided to give them a call today, and speak directly to person dealing with my case. She said that she has no record of ever receiving my 2nd letter, although I explained it was recorded delivery. I asked for a copy of the verbal transcript giving me authorisation for the cover. She replied that as it was in 2007, they no longer have a record of this call. I then went on to say that I want a copy of the call saying that I wanted to cancel, they didn't have that either.

She said that I didn't call straight to the insurance department,my call hadn't be noted as I only spoke to a customer representative,and in their terms and conditions it says that I had to call the right department to cancel! Well that's what she said anyway!!!

She is going to investigate my case further and get back to me with a final response.

Where do I stand now?

Cheers
  • cpaterson3
    Options
    I have good news now.........

After my rant on the phone to MBNA and in my previous reply, they were giving me the run around, saying that they hadn't received my letter etc, and that I didn't have a valid case.

Anyway, I received a letter from them the other day saying that they have refunded me £475 into my credit card account, and this is their final offer.

It's only £100 less than I was actually meant to receive from them, so I'm juat happy to have got something out of them.

Thanks to all.

Happy Days

:):)
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    cpaterson3 wrote: »
    I have good news now.........

After my rant on the phone to MBNA and in my previous reply, they were giving me the run around, saying that they hadn't received my letter etc, and that I didn't have a valid case.

Anyway, I received a letter from them the other day saying that they have refunded me £475 into my credit card account, and this is their final offer.

It's only £100 less than I was actually meant to receive from them, so I'm juat happy to have got something out of them.

Thanks to all.

Happy Days

:):)
    Glad you are happy and well done.:beer:
  • buyahousein2010
    Options
    Hello All,

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I would piggy back on to this one as I am looking for advice on a PPI claim with MBNA. I took out an MBNA Credit Card back in December 2005, via an online application. I have since cleared the card and closed the account but I am looking to reclaim the PPI charges. Incidentally the MBNA credit card was by far the worst financial decision I have ever taken in my life and I would never dream about entering into a credit agreement with MBNA ever again!!!

Anyway, I applied for the card online and recently wrote to MBNA for a copy of my Credit Agreement under the 1974 Consumer Credit Act - I received this copy agreement today and I am confused.

They have sent me a paper copy of what appears to be a "MS Word" document. At the end of this agreement are two boxes, one of which has a tick for accepting the terms and the second box has a tick for purchasing Payment Protection Cover.

I kept soft and hard copies of every Credit Agreement I have ever entered into, which is why I was surprised not to have anything on file for this MBNA card. I have also never purchased Payment Protection Cover on any other loan or cc agreement, which is why I was surprised to find it on here.

I have a couple of questions:
    1. Proving PPI was mis-sold from an online application. I have read and understood that this is hard to do unless boxes was pre-ticked. Does anyone know if this were the case for MBNA Online CC applications from 2005?

2. Does anyone have any success stories to share for reclaiming PPI against an online application from MBNA?

Thanks in advance!!!!
  • tiggrae
    tiggrae Posts: 1,771 Forumite
    Options
    Hello All,

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I would piggy back on to this one as I am looking for advice on a PPI claim with MBNA. I took out an MBNA Credit Card back in December 2005, via an online application. I have since cleared the card and closed the account but I am looking to reclaim the PPI charges. Incidentally the MBNA credit card was by far the worst financial decision I have ever taken in my life and I would never dream about entering into a credit agreement with MBNA ever again!!!

Anyway, I applied for the card online and recently wrote to MBNA for a copy of my Credit Agreement under the 1974 Consumer Credit Act - I received this copy agreement today and I am confused.

They have sent me a paper copy of what appears to be a "MS Word" document. At the end of this agreement are two boxes, one of which has a tick for accepting the terms and the second box has a tick for purchasing Payment Protection Cover.

I kept soft and hard copies of every Credit Agreement I have ever entered into, which is why I was surprised not to have anything on file for this MBNA card. I have also never purchased Payment Protection Cover on any other loan or cc agreement, which is why I was surprised to find it on here.

1. Proving PPI was mis-sold from an online application. I have read and understood that this is hard to do unless boxes was pre-ticked. Does anyone know if this were the case for MBNA Online CC applications from 2005?

2. Does anyone have any success stories to share for reclaiming PPI against an online application from MBNA?

Thanks in advance!!!!
    had loads of success against mbna - think they may have been fined for failing to investigate ppi reclaims and they've been stopped from using pre-ticks on application forms
  • buyahousein2010
    Options
    Hello All,

Thanks in advance!!!!

To follow on from my original post. On the copy Credit Agreement there is pre-ticked box for Payment Protection Cover - it then reads:
    "I understand that I am purchasing the product(s) ticked above on credit provided by you and that the terms relating to this credit for the products can be found at paragraphs 1-16 of this agreement"

I've just read the agreement from cover to cover (twice) and it contains nothing relating to the Payment Protection Cover policy, absolutely nothing.

Does anyone else have experience of this? With this in mind I believe I have a case for mis-selling if the details of the policy were not included with the original credit agreement?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure