Boots after-Christmas sales - 75% off now over?

Options

Comments

• Raggamuffin_2
    Options
    Nothing left at Riverside Boots in Norwich today.
  • mumof3lads
    Options
    Loads and loads of ted baker sets the spray and body wash ones for £2 at manchester loads of the stripy mugs, a few chilli pepper pots, loads of bags with a scrub thing and a bodywash for £1.25
    a few star trek playing cards, some lavander sets that were £10
    and some wrapping paper but not loads and that's about it apart from the odd tube of biscuits.
    Plan to save all child benefit from Jan 26th - November 30th
    £2208
  • skibster
    skibster Posts: 3,808 Forumite
    Options
    The little extracts boxes ( cranberry ) were still in Speke at £1.20, I reckon that made them 80% off? Still some wrapping paper, long tins of biscuits, Star trek gift sets and mugs and ITNG wooden toys. In clearance there were quite a few travel sets e.g eye mask and pillow, water bottle and spray, document wallet and luggage strap.

So how much were the Cranberry boxes to begin with? I'm wondering if they are now 90% off, which may mean the 90% off sale has started? Some stores won't post signs, and there is so little left in many stores, that it would be easy to miss.

Can anyone who's bought something today verify if it was 75% off, or was it more?
  • MascaraMinx
    Options
    skibster wrote: »
    Since so many on here got or wanted hatboxes, I thought I'd mention that S&G must've gotten a lot of negative feedback from people who couldn't find one -- here's what they said in their January email:

"P.S. We are really sorry if you didn’t get one of those
    Big Thrill Hat Boxes. We will make more next year. And can we just agree to be friends and leave it at that? We feel horrible that some people didn’t find them, but they’re gone, and it’s time to move on."

The good news is it looks like they will be back next Christmas!

All S&G third off at Boots right now. So you could probably get most of the contents of the hat box for your £20. I did get a hat box (2 acutally :p), and while I love S&G, there are 2 or 3 items in there that I prob won't use.
  • twinklyeys
    twinklyeys Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    Options
    I have noticed that some boots have taken some items out of the 75% sale and put it in clearance. I saw a passport holder today for £3.50 not sure what it was to start with!
  • tara747
    tara747 Posts: 10,238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Since so many on here got or wanted hatboxes, I thought I'd mention that S&G must've gotten a lot of negative feedback from people who couldn't find one -- here's what they said in their January email:

"P.S. We are really sorry if you didn’t get one of those
    Big Thrill Hat Boxes. We will make more next year. And can we just agree to be friends and leave it at that? We feel horrible that some people didn’t find them, but they’re gone, and it’s time to move on."

The good news is it looks like they will be back next Christmas!

They're still for sale on the S&G website!!!

... for £50.
    Get to 119lbs! 1/2/09: 135.6lbs 1/5/11: 145.8lbs 30/3/13 150lbs 22/2/14 137lbs 2/6/14 128lbs 29/8/14 124lbs 2/6/17 126lbs
    Save £180,000 by 31 Dec 2020! 2011: £54,342 * 2012: £62,200 * 2013: £74,127 * 2014: £84,839 * 2015: £95,207 * 2016: £109,122 * 2017: £121,733 * 2018: £136,565 * 2019: £161,957 * 2020: £197,685
    eBay sales - £4,559.89 Cashback - £2,309.73
  • rosek_2
    Options
    So how much were the Cranberry boxes to begin with? I'm wondering if they are now 90% off, which may mean the 90% off sale has started? Some stores won't post signs, and there is so little left in many stores, that it would be easy to miss.

Can anyone who's bought something today verify if it was 75% off, or was it more?

It was still 75% off in the Boots I went into today as I got a few more things to put away.
  • mumof3lads
    Options
    still 75% in manchester too, we stocked up on the ted baker sets as OH thinks they're lovely, plus had to pick six up for my mum ( she has three teenage boys living with her, two her own and one foster son ) so a very smelly household with no sprays and body wash :lol:
    Plan to save all child benefit from Jan 26th - November 30th
    £2208
  • team-cullen
    Options
    NBirdy wrote: »
    Did you get the order in the end team-cullen?
    did not get my order and i phoned .com on thursday and they said they had not taken any money from my visa card but i was put though to a manager and he said 'oh sorry we did take the money from your visa' i said i was not happy and he gave me 1500 point on my card , just put them on my card today, so now got 8600 points:), i did get about £370. of stuff from the three stores i went to but have let my friends buy a lot of it off me for what it cost me as i dont want to make a profite, i just love sale shopping :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • stef240377
    stef240377 Posts: 2,798 Forumite
    Options
    Went in to the Sutton coldfield store today and all they had left were Mum survival kits - all opened so not sure contents are correct, the red and orange thin tubes/tims of biscuits, star trek travel kits, 2010 photo calendars and a few empty boxes with contents awol. Was quite disappointed as im sure even when stock went into the 90% sale last year there were more things left.
    :j Was married 2nd october 2009 to the most wonderful man possible:j

DD 1994, DS 1996 AND DS 1997

Lost 3st 5lb with Slimming world so far!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure