MSE News: British Airways strike off, says court

Comments

• ceebeeby
    ceebeeby Posts: 4,357 Forumite
    Am delighted (even though wasn't travelling).

Strikers should all be sacked imho!! Plenty of other people out there who would willingly have jobs at this time of the year!
  • BA cabin staff would do well remember there are probably several hundred former flyglobespan and XL cabin staff who would be more than happy to do their jobs and agree to the new working conditions.
    "One thing that is different, and has changed here, is the self-absorption, not just greed. Everybody is in a hurry now and there is a 'the rules don't apply to me' sort of thing." - Bill Bryson
  • ckerrd
    ckerrd Posts: 2,641 Forumite
    ^^^Let's do away with workers rights - great idea.
    We all evolve - get on with it
  • dont get too excited, they are considering a mass sicky now
  • spurs_nut
    spurs_nut Posts: 329 Forumite
    edited 17 December 2009 at 8:12PM
    ckerrd wrote: »

The irony of your sig..... Pretty apt for the situation I think.
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    ckerrd wrote: »

I don't think that anybody is suggesting that workers rights are 'done away with', but rather that they assert their rights by different means. If an employee's contract has been substantially breached they will receive an appropriate remedy through an Employment Tribunal.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • dont get too excited, they are considering a mass sicky now
    Seriously ? that's just silly ! lol
  • ckerrd
    ckerrd Posts: 2,641 Forumite
    spurs_nut wrote: »
    The ironey of your sig..... Pretty apt for the situation I think.

Perhaps you mean "irony"?:rolleyes:
    We all evolve - get on with it
  • ckerrd wrote: »

Yeah like that's what I'm suggesting :rolleyes:

Some people should be thankful they have jobs during the worst recession for a long long time - that's what I'm saying! Plenty of people have taken pay cuts so that redundancies can be avoided.

If it had been a 1 or 2 day strike that would be one thing, but 12 days over Christmas is going too far. That is a move deliberately designed to cause as much suffering and inconvenience as possible.

I'll be booking a flight for February soon and I'll do my best to avoid using BA because of what has happened in the past few days. So well done UNITE you really are doing a good job of protecting the future of your employees - not!
    "One thing that is different, and has changed here, is the self-absorption, not just greed. Everybody is in a hurry now and there is a 'the rules don't apply to me' sort of thing." - Bill Bryson
  • ckerrd wrote: »
    ^^How much do the Union leaders earn then?

Enough to make sure that they'll have a very happy Christmas while BA workers will suffer scorn from people travelling. Certainly, no-one is going to trust BA for a while with their holiday travel!
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
    books are lying on the floor.
    The books are sitting just there on the floor.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure