Comments

• southernscouser
    Options
    Apparently not :(

Probably just aswell! I thought my balls were lethal! :p :rotfl: :o
  • PeachPickle
    PeachPickle Posts: 9,924 Forumite
    Options
    First week of holiday almost over now, booo.

Had a productive couple of days though. Got a call yesterday asking me to do three more mystery shops :j :T That'll be nine in 8 days, as I'm doing 2 of them on monday!

I did one this morning, and when I got home I realised I had a big line of yellow paint down my neck :o

The parents are away, so I've been painting our hallway and stairs (and carpet!). It's quite a nice yellow actually, but oh my gosh, my arms are aching now!

Made some awesome garlic bread yesterday, courtesy of the OS board.

Went to tesco, spent too much money. Well, it isn't too much because I'm not over budget. But it felt like too much! I bought some bits for my old bike because I've decided to at least have a go at riding to work instead of getting the bus. I looked on a route planner and it's apparently around 7k each way. Supposedly that'll take me 30 mins to ride. Yeah, ok. We'll see! I'm going for a trial run tomorrow morning, so if you see me on here tomorrow make sure I've been :rotfl:

I've been very diy this weekend. The painting, fitting the brackets to my bike, reinflating the tyres etc. I was going to hang the big mirror I got my mum for her birthday - god knows my dad will never do it! I got some picture hooks today, but I don't really understand them. The holes the nails go through are kind of staggered so to get it through the back the nails are pointing sharply down :confused::confused: Think I'll leave it then!

Anyway, that's enough rambling for today!

oh no, wait. I was in Tesco today and they had one of the little promotions stands. It was for milk chocolate After Eights. Oh. My. God. One of the most disgusting things I've ever put in my mouth. It was foul!
    DFW Nerd #104 I :heartpuls my Kitten :)and my hat :heartpuls
    OD Girls on Tour 08 - Barcelona - HUGE SUCCESS!
    OD Girls on Tour 09 - Dublin - November!!
    If you believe you can achieve innit!
    Sexy beer?
  • CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,122 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    serves you right for eating chocolate you naughty girl :)

At least it'll stop you from wasting any money on them in the future!
    Manifesting Abundance in 2023
    Fashion On The Ration 2023 36/66
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    I did one this morning, and when I got home I realised I had a big line of yellow paint down my neck :o

Just be thankful it wasn't blood red.
    The holes the nails go through are kind of staggered so to get it through the back the nails are pointing sharply down :confused::confused: Think I'll leave it then!

That's so the weight of the mirror pulles the nails *into* the wall (as opposed to out of).

First make sure it's the right kind of wall for these brackets, and that they (and the wall) are appropiate for the weight of the mirror. Put the bracket flat against the wall with the nail sticking out like a little erection. Tap the end of the nailhead down the line of the nail so it goes diagionally into the wall. Use the smallest hammer you can get away with and TAKE YOUR TIME! Breaking your fingers with a hammer is not high up in the list of bright ideas.

If you need two brackets, use a spirit level to line them up - don't guess what is straight, and don't trust wall/ceiling/floor etc.
    Oh. My. God. One of the most disgusting things I've ever put in my mouth. It was foul!

I bet you say that to all the boys. :p
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • CAFCGirl
    Options
    ZTD wrote:
    sticking out like a little erection.

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe:o
  • PeachPickle
    Options
    ZTD wrote:

That's so the weight of the mirror pulles the nails *into* the wall (as opposed to out of).

But they point almost straight down, that's never gonna get into the wall!

ZTD wrote:
    First make sure it's the right kind of wall for these brackets, and that they (and the wall) are appropiate for the weight of the mirror. Put the bracket flat against the wall with the nail sticking out like a little erection. Tap the end of the nailhead down the line of the nail so it goes diagionally into the wall. Use the smallest hammer you can get away with and TAKE YOUR TIME! Breaking your fingers with a hammer is not high up in the list of bright ideas.

If you need two brackets, use a spirit level to line them up - don't guess what is straight, and don't trust wall/ceiling/floor etc.

I had a hammer, a tape measure and a spirit level. I gave some thought to going out and buying a tool belt :D

Almost forgot! Went for a little cycle this morning. Only went two miles and it was hard! The roads are so uneven and hilly, it's rubbish. I found a website with a beginner's cycle guide on it that said in the first week I should be aiming for 3 rides of 3 miles in 20 minutes. Er, ok. We'll see. So I'll try and get close to that this week.
    Sexy beer?
  • CAFCGirl
    Options
    but at least u got on the bike, thats the important thing!

think small butt, think small butt!
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    CAFCGirl wrote:
    but at least u got on the bike, thats the important thing!

think small butt, think small butt!

Which implies big butt! Big Butt!

Ducks, covers...and runs! :rotfl:
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • PeachPickle
    Options
    I'm updating today to whoop about not spending after a horrible, horrible few days :mad:

Last weekend was awesome, went away for the weekend and spent only £2 coins - and even came home with 3 of them :j :j Had an ace time

This week... return to work after 2 weeks holiday.

Oh.
    My
    Gosh.

It was like a war zone. I'm still in shock. Had an awful day yesterday, first day back. Today I had a 10 minute row with some cow on the phone who is one of our suppliers. I won :T I was so tempted to just go out and buy something. I wanted these trousers that I'd seen... Did I buy them though? NO! HA! In your face, trousers and trouser shop.

On the bright side, everyone is pathetically happy to see me back, it's nice to be appreciated ;)
    Sexy beer?
  • CAFCGirl
    Options
    As long as you dont go leaving me for 2 weeks :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family