PeachPickle's DFW Diary

Options

Comments

• PeachPickle
    PeachPickle Posts: 9,924 Forumite
    Options
    Urgh, rubbish week at work. It's all gone crazy, there's stuff everywhere and I'm too busy. On the plus side it does allow me to say no to doing all sorts of things I'd usually do begrudgingly. Hurrah!

Did 4 hours of overtime tonight. That was fun. Started at 8, finished at 9! With a half hour break in the middle. Slave labour :cry: Claiming double time for it though (he just wants to try and stop me :mad:) so that's around £70 extra I earned tonight. Wappah!

Also, my hair looks great today. And my boss gave me pizza money.

Had a letter today offering me full and final payment for ome of my debts. It's around a 50% reduction (bit more actually) but oddly enough I don't *have* a grand lying around :confused: They should know that, they do still have my financial statement. Fools. FOOLS. THEY'RE ALL FOOLS
    DFW Nerd #104 I :heartpuls my Kitten :)and my hat :heartpuls
    OD Girls on Tour 08 - Barcelona - HUGE SUCCESS!
    OD Girls on Tour 09 - Dublin - November!!
    If you believe you can achieve innit!
    Sexy beer?
  • PeachPickle
    Options
    Awesome day yesterday after my rubbish week!

Work was great, totally clear after the overtime I did. Can't believe how much difference it made :)

Then last night I went to watch The Kooks. It was sooooo amazing! The support act was The 747s (even though I'd been told it was Larrakin Love!) and they were fabulous. It's a pretty small venue too, so it was all close up and everything. Fantastic. I could rave about it for ages! Was so tempted to get a tshirt, but I didn't. Obviously regretting that now :rotfl:

Had a bit of a spend today. Convinced my dad to go halves on a new hand blender for me, which cost us £6.50 each. Used it twice already ;) Also bought a Razorlight dvd for £5. Not exactly essential, I'll admit. But it was 50% off and I've been wanting it for ages. Also had to buy toiletries etc, and unfortunately I can't go for the mega-cheapo stuff as it really irritates my skin. Middle of the range is ok though :D

Still have £100 savings and £40 in my current account and I shouldn't need to spend any before payday (friday, wooh!) so I'll hopefully clear a debt this month :j :j
    Sexy beer?
  • CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,122 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Now why would you want to buy a concert t-shirt when you get a free one when we take over the world? :)

So whats the poker pot up to now? And how you doing on your target?
    Manifesting Abundance in 2023
    Fashion On The Ration 2023 36/66
  • PeachPickle
    Options
    Very good point C, no need to buy things when by Christmas we'll be running the world ;)

My poker winnings are up to $78.96 since I started keeping track, woooh :) $50 has been withdrawn overall, and I've lost games in between so my balance is currently £22 dollars. Playing in a sec tho ;)

My target is looking a little bit out of reach at the minute, but I'll update it next week after payday and bills etc. Looking forward to paying some extra this month. What an odd thing to look forward to :rotfl:
    Sexy beer?
  • PeachPickle
    Options
    Well, it's payday. Feeling a bit grumpy, as I have done all week really. Not too sure why :confused:

Anyway, got a pretty good bonus for passing my exams (thanks boss) so I've used that to pay my smallest debt off, whappah! God, that enthusiasm was sooooooo fake. Blah. I'm sure I'll be cheerier about it later. I'll update my target with that payment, but my proper payments don't go out til next week so I'll leave those for now. A girl's gotta have something to look forward to...
    Sexy beer?
  • CAFCGirl
    Options
    Now Peaches!
    That is not the attitude young lady!

WHAPPAH!!

You've paid off one debt! That is superb!

They'll all start crumbling now!

Well done you!
  • PeachPickle
    Options
    You're right!

Hear ye, Hear ye ;

I paid off a debt

:j :j :beer:

I do feel better today. I've been very blah the last week or so, but I think it's lifted :D

Bought 3 cds, as I made the mistake of going into HMV the other day :confused: Still, I don't feel bad about that as at one stage I had about 15 in my hands and almost had to resort to eeenie meenie to narrow the choices down! One of the ones I bought was the best of Fleetwood Mac. You all wish you were as cool as me.... :rotfl:

Just spent £20 on a ridiculously massive mirror from Wilkinson's for my mum's birthday. She really really wanted one for the lounge, and I normally wouldn't be able to spend that much on her, but thanks to mr payrise I could, so I'm quite pleased :)

I did get paid too much this month tho - there's some random backpay I'm gonna query with my boss. It's possible he backdated the payrise (tho it doesn't equate to exactly a month) but it's also possible he made a mistake! I'd rather know now than later anyway. Even if they take it off next month it'll just cancel out with my exam bonus I'll be getting, so I'm not too worried about it!

Also, £55 is showing as paid in Quidco, so if I understand it correctly I'll receive that this week. Woooh! So I've now withdrawn the £20 I had languishing in two bingo-ish sites and use that to pay for my train tickets for The Big Weekend. My spends for that is coming out of my £2 savings, which are currently £48 so really, it's gonna be free. Woooooooooooooh yeah!
    Sexy beer?
  • CAFCGirl
    Options
    You're right best to find out now what the backpay was, in case you spend it and have to pay it back!

Hopefully they'll just let you keep it :)
  • PeachPickle
    Options
    The backpay was because my boss put the start date of my payrise in wrong :rolleyes: But he said I can keep it :j :j Which means that next month I'll still be getting my exam bonus but won't have anything taken back :j

We also had our mystery shopper report, and got a pretty high score which means we get mucho bonus for the next three months.

Erm, what else. Oh yeah, I sent an old phone back to envirophone and my argos card has now been credited with £25, woooh! Lord knows why that phone was worth so much, it was rubbish :rotfl: So today I'm planning on going to Argos and buying a digital radio. I'll get the cheapest, which is around £35, which means I'll only have to pay a tenner. I've resisted it as long as I can, but I've got two weeks off work now, and the prospect of two weeks without XFM is just too scary :eek:

I just spent £150...:eek: On tickets for next years Reading Festival. It wasn't an impulse buy, I was always going to get tickets for that. I just didn't think it'd be til April! I didn't realise that advance tickets went on sale this week. But by buying them now, I've saved money, so that's something! So I hadn't budgeted for that money at this point, but I did have the money ready to go towards hopefully paying off my next smallest debt next month. So I won't be doing that now! I'll do it the month after though, and this has made me more determined to hit my target. I think I'll get it. Actually, now I'm thinking about it I did around £130 worth of overtime this month so I may still be able to clear that debt next month. Which makes the tickets free! Whappah! PLus I'll inevitably be doing overtime after my weeks off to clear up the mess they've made of my lab :rolleyes:

That reminds me, better cancel the DD for the debt I cleared this month. Yay! Is there any sweeter feeling?
    Sexy beer?
  • PeachPickle
    Options
    Had a nice day today, just lounging around reading and mooching on the net. Just got back from Pizza Express where I had dinner with a friend (£14) which was nice

Got to paint the hallways this weekend, which I'm obviously looking forward to :rolleyes:

Also bought my train tickets today for my weekend away, visiting some nutter ( ;) ) which cost £20.05 got that out of my £2 coin savings and I still have about £30 left of them to spend on the weekend. So it's pretty much a free trip, as it's money I've not noticed saving :j :j

Got two more mystery shops tomorrow, which is cool. That'll be £60 on those this week :) and I had £53.oddpence paid into my account from Quidco, woooh! Planning on paying that off a debt soon, as long as I can make it to the end of the month without spending it :rotfl:
    Sexy beer?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family