PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Black Saturn's evening meal planner

Options

Comments

• susank
    susank Posts: 809 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    buy 1 stick of real vanilla pod and stick it in with your sugar for baking - that way you get vanilla sugar and I sometimes use the middle lovely bit for making custard!
    Saving in my terramundi pot £2, £1 and 50p just for me! :j
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Trow wrote:
    You can get veggie worcester sauce - butLea & Perrins isn't.

I used to get a gorgeous one when I lived in Inverness, but they stopped making it :(
    Hendersons relish is veggie worcester sauce. It is made in Yorkshire (Sheffield) and unfortunately you can't get it everywhere. When I went to the York meet last year I took a bottle for everyone. Worth asking if you have friends./relatives living in right area that visit.
  • culpepper
    culpepper Posts: 4,076 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks very much black-saturn!
    Ive copied this and the previous meal planner to my pc so I can print it all out.
    You've got some great ideas ,they remind me of the 'feed your family for £5 a day' book.
  • oldMcDonald
    oldMcDonald Posts: 1,945 Forumite
    Options
    When I was a veggie (for 11 years) everyone kept telling me I wasn't a true veggie because I ate bread. Is this true?

Some breads had calcium added to them, which was derived from animal bones. This was a few years ago and I don't think any of the major brands do this any more, however it is always best to check for a 'veggie' label to be sure (although an 'own-brand veggie label' does not always have the same ethics as a veggie society one, e.g. using only free range eggs, they still could not possible add animal derived ingredients and call it veggie)

HTH
    lisa
  • sandhabibi
    sandhabibi Posts: 421 Forumite
    Options
    The potato bake went down well,was bit runny so maybe next time I'll thicken it abit.Today mince & dumplings, Which was tuesdays meal but glad to see I'm not the only one aday out on the planner.:D
    This is post of the month for me:
    Olympic bronze challenge-started 7/1/06-total so far is £194.30
  • sandhabibi
    sandhabibi Posts: 421 Forumite
    Options
    Rikki wrote:
    I've had to make two batches of your Chocolate Brownies this weekend because we pigged out on the first lot. :o
    :EasterBun
    Can somebody plz give me the link for these I've looked through but can't find the recipe anyway,
    Thanks
    Olympic bronze challenge-started 7/1/06-total so far is £194.30
  • AussieLass
    AussieLass Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Rikki wrote:

There you go sandhabibi
    Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. ;)

• black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sandhabibi wrote:
    This is post of the month for me:
    Wow, thankyou so much :beer: :j :T :beer: :j :T
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • wigginsmum
    wigginsmum Posts: 4,150 Forumite
    Options
    I've just copied the recipes from this and your earlier menu thread, black-saturn. Thanks - you're an inspiration! Should help me to shave loads off the monthly shopping bill and do scrummy homemade meals.
    The ability of skinny old ladies to carry huge loads is phenomenal. An ant can carry one hundred times its own weight, but there is no known limit to the lifting power of the average tiny eighty-year-old Spanish peasant grandmother.
  • black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm stewing away my curry as I speak. I have to make mine very mild otherwise my kids won't eat it and they leave it on the plate :rolleyes: Hey hold on, I think I've just hatched a plan to get more curry ;)
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills