We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

B&M deals and bargains thread - post offers here

Options

Comments

• caroc
    caroc Posts: 935 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Birds brandy sauce in a carton 10p
    Still virtually alcohol free since 4/1/15. (10 Xmas/ New Year/Birthday drinks)
    It takes 3500 calories to lose a pound in weight. Target 13 lbs weight loss. 18.5lbs lost 2nd May - 28 September.
  • Dan2310
    Dan2310 Posts: 1,099 Forumite
    Options
    spiff wrote: »
    Got 400 lights for £4.99 !!! reduced from£24.99 got 8 different lighting effect too

Wish ours had these, ours were all 200 sets though for £2.99. The 400 for £4.99 seems a brilliant deal!

Still fantastic value though, infact I went back and bought another two boxes earlier, at that price they will create a fab display next year outdoor :)
  • caroc
    caroc Posts: 935 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Whitworths soft prunes 225g BBE Jan 2015 10p

Birds instant custard powder low fat 75g bbe Jan 2015 5p

Prunes and custard !
    Still virtually alcohol free since 4/1/15. (10 Xmas/ New Year/Birthday drinks)
    It takes 3500 calories to lose a pound in weight. Target 13 lbs weight loss. 18.5lbs lost 2nd May - 28 September.
  • mademoiselle_2
    Options
    I don't know where everyone finds these 10p specials at B&M .... the B&M branch nearest to me never seem to reduce anything by more than a few pence, even if it's broken/miles out of date/obsolete. I can honestly say that I have NEVER seen anything at 10p in there.

What I HAVE seen is, a tendency to be economical with the truth on pricing labels. Quite often, products are either displayed without a price label (so you have to ask the price, and brave the disgrace of putting it back if it's more than you thought!); or they will have things displayed under a similar-but-not-quite-the-thing label, and then, when you get to the checkout, you are charged more.

This happens all the time. Two examples from this week: 12-sachet boxes of Felix cat food, many different varieties with exact labels for only about half of them - but all the labels saying £2.99. When I picked one up and checked the price, it was £3.49.
    Also, a four-pack of artist paints, labelled as 'acrylic paint reduced to £1.99'. Again, at the checkout they are charging £2.99.

Pretty sharp practice, huh!

I know these shops do contain genuine bargains - that's why we put up with the don't-care staff and dismal shopping environment - but, at the same time, it's worth remembering that they are selling old/near-to-end-of-date/shop soiled/damaged products a lot of the time, and sometimes have the cheek to charge as much as if you were buying a pristine, long-dated product from a supermarket.

Like many things in life, it's a mixed fortune! And you need to keep your wits about you.
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I don't know where everyone finds these 10p specials at B&M .... the B&M branch nearest to me never seem to reduce anything by more than a few pence, even if it's broken/miles out of date/obsolete. I can honestly say that I have NEVER seen anything at 10p in there.

I was just about to write the very same thing. I've seen these 10p bargains on here but never instore.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • shell_belle
    Options
    I got two Christmas signs the other week and a tree topper for 10p. Have you looked in the reduced area?
    :rotfl:Survey Queen/Poundland Fanatic:rotfl:

• Spoonful_Of_Sugar
    Options
    i got a rise crispie house making kit reduced from £5 to £1 ... good job really as it fell apart when we made it and was a horrible taste
    :p
  • princesse_sarah_x
    Options
    Similarly I can never find anything for 10p :o I do rummage through the reduced section too!

Today I saw Discovery chilli paste tub 29p (£2.29 in tesco), Discovery soured cream topping 29p, Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce 99p (£3 in Tesco) this stuff is amazing!
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Kernel_Sanders Posts: 3,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It could be that reduction policy is at each store manager's discretion, with 10p being the absolute minimum.
  • jeanmd
    jeanmd Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 March 2015 at 7:44PM
    Options
    Not sure if it's in every store, but Dewsbury store had doc mcstuffins cutie caretaker activity ride on's. Down from £29.99 to £9.99. I bought the last two for my granddaughters birthdays.
    I can only find them on the American website, but it is this one. http://www.toysrus.com/buy/riding-toys/doc-mcstuffins-cutie-caretaker-activity-ride-on-050575-21008446

I also managed to get my first item for 10p. A tin of Heinz farmers' Market three bean & red pepper soup. Unfortunately it was the last one, but happy to have found it.
    £2021 in 2021 no.17 £1,093.20/£2021
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family